HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 Speculation

Go down 
+6
TheBatMan
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
Ghost Leader
EQOAnostalgia
PAULSAMSON
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 7:57 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:

-
On the subject of character death, killing people off for shock value or to make it seem more "dangerous" is really dumb.
I never go into a game thinking the main character is going to die, and it in no way diminishes the tension of the game.
I'm not trying to get too personal here. But the very idea is one of the dumbest most asinine things that i have ever heard.

And besides Piers had a great death in RE6. It was actually alot more impactful than than had it simply been Chris's death.

What a strange thing to say. I think everyone is in agreement it cannot be done just for shock value, but I fail to see why having the potential for a main character to die in a horror game is 'asinine' and 'dumb.' It's more than evident Resident Evil has lost some of its impact because of the invincibility factor around its characters.

Piers' death was cool, but I disagree wholeheartedly that it would have been more impactful than a potential death for Chris. The death of a character in the very game he is introduced in would not even be comparable in terms of impact to the death of one of the primary protagonists of the entire series.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 8:13 am

TheBatMan wrote:
Piers' death was cool, but I disagree wholeheartedly that it would have been more impactful than a potential death for Chris. The death of a character in the very game he is introduced in would not even be comparable in terms of impact to the death of one of the primary protagonists of the entire series.

Technically he wasn't introduced in RE6, as he had already appeared in the Marhawa Desire manga series before that. Introduced to the games, sure, but he was already an established character.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:06 am

You mean a manga which at the time RE6 was released had barely started, was available only in Japanese and had Piers briefly seen in all of two chapters?

I'd hardly call that established, especially because we were technically introduced to him in the game first anyway by way of trailers and press media.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:25 am

TheBatMan wrote:
You mean a manga which at the time RE6 was released had barely started, was available only in Japanese and had Piers briefly seen in all of two chapters?

I'd hardly call that established, especially because we were technically introduced to him in the game first anyway by way of trailers and press media.

That depends on which part of the world you are from. Obviously we got to see him only later but in Japan he already was a character. Even if his appearance at the time had been brief I'm sure the actual storyline for him in the manga had already been written, his story just didn't get out in its entirety before the game did. It's a matter of timing.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:40 am

Yes, meaning that when he died in RE6 we knew very, very little about him - so he was hardly an established character, and therefore his death was not as impactful as it could have been.

But had they killed him now, following his appearances in 6, Marhawa Desire (after the story was complete), The Stage and his files in Rev2, it would have been much more impactful because the audience would have spent plenty of time with him and gotten to know and understand him well enough to care.

I doubt anyone that read the two chapters of Marhawa Desire that actually featured Piers before 6 was released would even have cared one bit.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:28 am

They definitely should have planned the releases of the manga and the game better. We could at least have gotten to know him a little bit before 6 if they had released the manga so that it would have lead up to the game, like it storywise did.

They also could have planned the trailers better. For the love of everything I hope they don't spoil 90% of RE7's story through trailers before it actually comes out.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 11:23 am

Yes, they seem to have learned their lesson with Heavenly Island at least. If the manga is to be the same length as Marhawa Desire, it will conclude in the next two weeks, which exactly coincides with the release of Umbrella Corps. The manga is an official tie in to both UC and Revelations 2. It could also tie into RE7 by introducing Shényā Pharmaceutical as the new big bad.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Character death in a final installment of RE wouldn't just be for shock value or to give a sense of danger, but it'd affect plot and maybe even affect other characters' well-being depending on who gets it. Plus, it already was played with in RE1 and 3.

The difference is that RE1 was a singular game that could well have stayed as just one release had it not been favorably received and in RE3 the only "main" character's death we saw was Brad who honestly hadn't had much of a role to begin with.

In terms of RE3, I was thinking more of the side characters. Yes, they all pretty much died, but at least you could choose when and how... for the most part.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:38 am

Speaking of side characters, that's the flip side of the coin of invincible main characters. Side characters who you know are absolutely not going to make it to the end of the game. Just look at all the people in Leon's RE6 campaign. I think I managed to save like one person in the church, on both playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 10:57 pm

Get Hyped!.

Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 Resident-Evil-VII-1280x720

arrrgh! Before we got side tracked, i was going to say "What if they go more supernatural".
Kinda like RE4 the "Hallucination" version. I know i can't prove it, but trust me i totally called it.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 5:35 am

Remember the RE5 Ad-Campaign?

Just throwing that out there...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 pm

I wonder if that little girl is Natalia.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 4:54 am

Ssplain wrote:
I wonder if that little girl is Natalia.
Now that you said it I also think that is Natalia. Why don't they bring Rebecca Chambers back or Ark Thompson, Carlos Oliveira, and Bruce McGivern
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 6:31 pm

i'm not sure Natalia would still be that small what? 5-6 years later. Unless T-Phobos is keeping her from ageing or something. Which would be pretty cool actually. So fingers crossed its her.
Also i totally agree with you. Carlos definitely needs a game!. And so do alot of other people for that matter. But i get the feeling that these protagonists will be all new.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:08 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Maybe a plant or fungus based threat.

We got the molded! They weren't technically a fungus but that was darn close. It is always fun to check back on our speculations after all is revealed.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 7:32 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:

We got the molded! They weren't technically a fungus but that was darn close. It is always fun to check back on our speculations after all is revealed.

Yes!, i totally almost called it. I'll just consider it a half point for me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:

Almost only counts in Horseshoes and hand grenades, and I don't see either in this thread. No half a point for you!
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 6:36 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Bulls-3ye wrote:

Almost only counts in Horseshoes and hand grenades, and I don't see either in this thread. No half a point for you!

Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Speculation    Resident Evil 7 Speculation  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 Speculation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3