Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil MMO Speculation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

Resident Evil MMO Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 6:08 am

Just a fun idea i always had bouncing around in my head. I've mentioned it here a few times but i decided to actually get a video on this out there and see what people think.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 5:01 am

If Arklay Mountains were a part of this they could do the whole Biohazard Dash scenario where the player could traverse then ruins of the mansion with another secret level to it.

There's also that MMO developer working with Capcom looking into working with some of Capcom's franchises, including Resident Evil, so maybe it's not that distant of a dream.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:53 am

I'm thinking Survivors start holed up inside of a large hotel (their hub, of sorts), and have to scavenge around Raccoon City to collect ammo, weapons, and food to survive, as well as battle the undead and B.O.W.'s to get better skills and stats.

There could be several options for base-archetypes, multiple factions (RPD, Umbrella, etc.), and chances to meet key characters along the way.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:14 am

PWNERX wrote:
I'm thinking Survivors start holed up inside of a large hotel (their hub, of sorts)

I'm not sure how many hotels there were in Raccoon but considering it was a "small town" I doubt there were others than the Apple Inn, which was kind of overrun and caught fire. I'm not against a central hub but I think hotel as one is not an option. Obviously a game like this wouldn't be canon but some adherence to plot elements should be expected.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
I'm thinking Survivors start holed up inside of a large hotel (their hub, of sorts)

I'm not sure how many hotels there were in Raccoon but considering it was a "small town" I doubt there were others than the Apple Inn, which was kind of overrun and caught fire. I'm not against a central hub but I think hotel as one is not an option. Obviously a game like this wouldn't be canon but some adherence to plot elements should be expected.

It still has to be someplace.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm sure there are still places not yet overrun, like J's Bar (for the short while).
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

RE3's ending cinematic gave a death toll as surpassing 100,000, so RC isn't small by any means.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:24 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

RE3's ending cinematic gave a death toll as surpassing 100,000, so RC isn't small by any means.

That's why I wrote "small town". They just keep saying that in the games.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

That's why I wrote "small town". They just keep saying that in the games.

Maybe a 'small town' by their standards is a standard city by our standards.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Yeah multiple factions would be great. UBS was it? The umbrella guys like Nicholai and Carlos' faction. Civilians, even have a faction of RPD still trapped in the city.

I like the idea of the mansion ruins, in order to have the mansion before the complete outbreak of Raccoon though, you would have to mess with the lore a bit. I would be okay with it still being whole for the sake of just being able to go there. I mean i know spencer mansion was pretty much nuked but it would still be fun so some suspension of disbelief would be needed from players.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:35 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Yeah multiple factions would be great. UBS was it? The umbrella guys like Nicholai and Carlos' faction. Civilians, even have a faction of RPD still trapped in the city.

UBCS Razz

Come to think of it, there were quite a lot of different people in the city running around during the incident. RPD, UBCS, USS, Spec-Ops and of course the many, many civilians.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I like the idea of the mansion ruins, in order to have the mansion before the complete outbreak of Raccoon though, you would have to mess with the lore a bit. I would be okay with it still being whole for the sake of just being able to go there. I mean i know spencer mansion was pretty much nuked but it would still be fun so some suspension of disbelief would be needed from players.

Sure, traversing the mansion could be cool, but I still think it would be even cooler to have that unseen area of the mansion explorable through the ruins. They already had the scenario for it so they wouldn't even have to come up with anything new for it. I think it involved plant zombies, something we've already seen in Outbreak.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:36 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Those teams were UBCS. And in order to set up a way to explore outside places like that (that are either blown to f*ck or locked down completely), that'd mean the Outbreak must happen before the Mansion Incident, which also means an alternate timeline would be in play.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:40 pm

PWNERX wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Those teams were UBCS. And in order to set up a way to explore outside places like that (that are either blown to f*ck or locked down completely), that'd mean the Outbreak must happen before the Mansion Incident, which also means an alternate timeline would be in play.

Obviously it'd be an alternate timeline to begin with, since an MMO would force in a lot of characters we have never even heard of and a lot of player created ones. There'd be no sense in even trying to fit an MMO RE to the series' timeline.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Obviously it'd be an alternate timeline to begin with, since an MMO would force in a lot of characters we have never even heard of and a lot of player created ones. There'd be no sense in even trying to fit an MMO RE to the series' timeline.

Yeah that works but i mean it would function along the same lines as Outbreak files 1 and 2. We would just assume random people were running around before or slightly after the main characters were there. I always looked at the RPD section Desperate Times as the civilians getting there a bit earlier than Leon and Clair. They even went as far as to tell some of Marvins story.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:36 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Yeah that works but i mean it would function along the same lines as Outbreak files 1 and 2. We would just assume random people were running around before or slightly after the main characters were there. I always looked at the RPD section Desperate Times as the civilians getting there a bit earlier than Leon and Clair. They even went as far as to tell some of Marvins story.

Well, yes, sure, but Outbreak is a bit different. It was more contained. 8 people in a town of over 100,000. Outbreak is easier to fit in the canon. An MMO on the other hand could potentially have thousands of players, meaning thousands of individual characters. Fitting an MMO storyline in the canon at this point would be madness and nearly impossible. Especially if people could also pick factions like USS, RPD and UBCS since we know there weren't hundreds of each in the city.

I'm not sure if this is what you even meant but still, if there was an MMO it would be a seperate canon by default. Of course I would prefer that the events at least until that point would be fitted in the game's story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil MMO Speculation   Resident Evil MMO Speculation Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil MMO Speculation
Page 1 of 1