HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.

Go down 
+4
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Bulls-3ye
DampRevil
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. Empty
PostSubject: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:45 pm

So according to Michiteru Okabe, the producer of Resident Evil: Revelations 2, there's a difference between Resident Evil and the Revelations series. In the interview, posted below, he mentions that the numbered entries will remain action-oriented. And yes, that means Resident Evil 7 as well. The Revelations titles will be the only survival horror titles in the series, designed to appeal to the core fan base.

While this isn't exactly surprising to hear, it's definitely not good news. Expect Resident Evil 7 to probably star Chris and Leon again. That also explains why Capcom are using the females protagonists in the Revelations series. The producer of the first Revelations stated that women are better suited for survival horror games, I guess that's why Jill and Claire are the main characters of the Revelations series.

Interview
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 6:24 pm

A little sad yes but at least their giving us something, now if they can just bring back the Outbreak series, the time is right!.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 am

At least now we have both as seperate entities so they don't try to do everything at once, like with RE6. I honestly am completely okay with this since I don't mind the action oriented gameplay.

Something for everyone! And in my case, EVERYTHING FOR ME!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 am

No! No. We don't go to Kotaku for news. No! Bad! That's a cause for a demerit. No!

Edit: Otherwise, I'm okay with them keeping the series separate, but for Christ's sake, put a little more effort into the production of Revelations.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Sorry, Capcom, you already blew it. You've done gone and driven me off into the arms of other women game companies and I'm not coming back no matter what you do.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 pm

I'm actually surprised to see some people are okay with this. I actually find this insulting. Capcom only gears the side stories to the core fans, while the Call of Duty players get the numbered titles? That hardly seems fair, but I guess it's all about the money.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Of course it's all about the money. It's the way businesses work.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Bastards. Capcom is really gonna regret doing that.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:00 am

PWNERX wrote:

How? I see having two core audiences as a better way of making money than trying to cater to them both at once.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:25 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

How? I see having two core audiences as a better way of making money than trying to cater to them both at once.

Action gamers are still going to want their CoD over Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:39 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Who is stopping anyone from buying multiple franchises? I buy both Resident Evil and Silent Hill games and though I do prefer RE I still buy every new SH anyway.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 pm

My fears have been confirmed
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Who is stopping anyone from buying multiple franchises? I buy both Resident Evil and Silent Hill games and though I do prefer RE I still buy every new SH anyway.

The fans of action games (or, in todays terms, action games like CoD), always tend to lean towards fast paced, expansive, and overall fun multiplayer options. Resident Evil has always had The Mercenaries, but that is Co-op. RE5 had versus, ORC had versus, and guess what? They weren't experiences that would satisfy these people. When someone wants to play RE, it's because they heard from a friend about the damn good scares. However, those were in older times. The RE nowadays sells only because Capcom gives us hype of a real Survival Horror game. Then we buy the game. Then we get let down.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm sure they still make enough money off of the action games (which i do enjoy) to warrant this decision.
It would have been nice if Survival Horror was the primary series but like i said.
At least we're getting something, and both might do better on their own instead of being smooshed together.
-
In fact if they want RE to have multiplayer, then they should make that its own series.
Not to beat a dead horse but Outbreak was way ahead of its time, and deserves another chance.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
I'm sure they still make enough money off of the action games (which i do enjoy) to warrant this decision.
It would have been nice if Survival Horror was the primary series but like i said.
At least we're getting something, and both might do better on their own instead of being smooshed together.
-
In fact if they want RE to have multiplayer, then they should make that its own series.
Not to beat a dead horse but Outbreak was way ahead of its time, and deserves another chance.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:49 am

DampRevil wrote:
While this isn't exactly surprising to hear, it's definitely not good news. Expect Resident Evil 7 to probably star Chris and Leon again. That also explains why Capcom are using the females protagonists in the Revelations series. The producer of the first Revelations stated that women are better suited for survival horror games, I guess that's why Jill and Claire are the main characters of the Revelations series.

Interview

That last part is incredibly sexist. And I'm a guy.

This...is okay...somewhat. But I would rather have the numbered titles have more survival horror in them too rather than just the Revelation spin-off series.

But if that means Revelations gets more character comebacks, better writing, and better fan-favored content I guess I'm okay with that tradeoff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:55 am

AWDCP wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

Interview

That's Kotaku for you.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Vandal wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

Interview

That's Kotaku for you.

Kotaku? That part from Revil's post wasn't even from the article.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Oh. Hah. I didn't even read the Kotaku article. I'll be honest and say I just assumed.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Yeah, the comment was from the producer of the first Revelations. I fully believe that Capcom's intentions are to keep female leads out of the numbered titles. Jill was the lead in the first Revelations, Claire is the lead in the second Revelations.

I was so certain that Jill and Claire were going to be the lead characters of Resident Evil 7, after the outcry from Resident Evil 6, but now I'm not so sure. I definitely think that the numbered entries are going to be for the men, and the Revelations series will be for the females.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:47 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Yeah, the comment was from the producer of the first Revelations. I fully believe that Capcom's intentions are to keep female leads out of the numbered titles. Jill was the lead in the first Revelations, Claire is the lead in the second Revelations.

I was so certain that Jill and Claire were going to be the lead characters of Resident Evil 7, after the outcry from Resident Evil 6, but now I'm not so sure. I definitely think that the numbered entries are going to be for the men, and the Revelations series will be for the females.

Half of RE6 was starred by female characters, though. Sherry and Ada being in the more major roles in their own campaigns.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 5:19 pm

That's true. However, Sherry is so frail that she falls under that typical cliche of having to rely on men to save her. Resident Evil 6 does Sherry no justice in terms being a strong lead. It's like Capcom put Sherry in Jake's campaign just to make him look like a badass. Also keep in mind that Sherry is Jake's support character. It's Jake's campaign, not Sherry's. As for Ada, I remember Capcom stating that Ada's campaign is only meant to support the other three campaigns. So Ada's only point in Resident Evil 6 is to support the men. Helena, however, was a very strong character. I'm very proud of how Capcom handled her character.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:34 am

I didn't really care for Helena, she seemed too much of a one-shot character. Yes, Jake did save Sherry a bunch of times and yes, the developers should've explored her regenerative abilities a lot more than with one short cutscene, especially when the ability had no gameplay value whatsoever, but I felt she was just as important of a character in the campaign as Jake was. I mean, if you don't count Ada's campaign, the only campaign that felt like it had only one real main character was Leon's.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:15 pm

That was kinda my point. The females don't really add much to the story. While it sounds sexist, I think that's the way Capcom wanted it. There was so much potential for Sherry, but Capcom messed up like usually. Ada was important in regards to Carla, but again, Capcom just kinda brushed her aside.

It looks like Capcom is serious about keeping men and women separate. Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6, all featured male leads. Those were the action games. Both Revelations games feature female leads. Those are the more horror focused games.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:58 am

I want Ark to star in Revelations 3. This needs to happen.

However, seeing how things are, Rebecca would be a safer choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.   Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations. Empty

Back to top Go down

Capcom Explains The Difference Between Resident Evil And Revelations.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next