HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?

Go down 
+9
Ssplain
DampRevil
Vandal
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Crowbar
MSR
PWNERX
TheSkinniMini1
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who will escape next?
Rebecca
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_lcap71%So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Billy
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_lcap0%So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Carlos
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_lcap0%So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
HUNK
 0% [ 0 ]
Ark
 0% [ 0 ]
Nicholai
So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_lcap29%So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
None
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Empty
PostSubject: Which true "forgotten" character(s) would you like to see again in the main story?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:25 am

It could be in a main role or even a cameo. I'm allowing multiple votes bc many may want to see more than one make a return.

Now I listed these particular characters because canon wise they have been forgotten. I mean they
-Haven't been seen in a game or cgi film which events take place post 1998.
-Haven't been mentioned by any other character in RE's present time
-Haven't been mentioned in any file that talks about events post 1998.

Basically none of these characters has yet to make it outside of 1998.

My vote is for Rebecca bc like I said before, I like her plus I really think there is story potential with her thanks to her background in chemistry and medicine.

OMG, I just realized she's the only woman Capcom has left behind in 1998. Capcom why is every woman from that time period thats still alive (Jill, Claire, Ada, Sherry) getting love and further canon appearances/mentions but Rebecca isn't? Wow salty Rebecca fan here.

However I'd also like to see a Barry cameo. He and Rebecca really shouldn't have disappeared in the first place.

Also I hope you all don't mind me starting all these new threads. I'm new here and I just want to get your opinions on many of my questions.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 am

BARRY NEED 100% OF THIS VOTE
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:11 am

What is it?

How many times do PWN and i have to agree on Barry's return to RE before Capcom does the deed?

And nah you're chill Skinni, keep on keepin' on!
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 am

I voted for Rebecca, Barry and Billy. HUNK was cool at first, though I lost interest in his character pretty fast. Carlos was slightly annoying, I thought Nicholai died, and I never played an RE game with Ark so I have no opinions on him.

I chose Rebecca and Billy even though I haven't finished RE0, I liked their characters a bit. I'm not sure if I've played Chris's campaign on the Remake of RE, but I have finished it on the original, but I don't remember much of Rebecca on there. I chose Barry for pretty much the same reason everybody else chose him I'm assuming. His humor, being badass-ish, being a likable character overall.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am

Yeah, Barry Burton is a cult phenomenon.

You know, Crowbar, I assumed you really dig Gordon Freeman, hence the name!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:43 am

All of the above. I mean, Billy and Barry a little less than the others but I would definitely love to see these characters appear again, no matter in what form of media. Well, as long as it's not the Paul W.S. Anderson live action movies. Man I wish they translated the Chinese comics...

Ahem... I guess my top picks would be Ark and Carlos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

There's no reason to bring Billy back, he has nothing to do with anything in RE. Focus on more relevant characters like Barry and Rebecca.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 pm

HUNK shouldn't even be on that list.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Vandal wrote:
HUNK shouldn't even be on that list.

I reckon you're wrong. I doubt HUNK will ever be RE's poster boy, or the primary protagonist of a full lenght RE game, but he is just as deserving as Becca or Barry to make a triumphant return.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:59 pm

HUNK should never be a protagonist or a full antagonist, his neutral allegiance I feel is part of the mystique of the character. I could see him appearing in a main series game or CG movie, but his role should be strictly as a mercenary working for an antagonist while maintaining only his material allegiance. That is, when the bad guy paying him dies, he just quietly sulks away because the money has dried up. Similarly, he should never be employed by the BSAA or another protagonistic group.

And, for Zeus' sake, stop wearing that damn gas mask everywhere! It made sense in RE2 where the risk of aerosol-based chemical agents was present, but in RE4 Mercs and Mercs 3D? Give me a break. It's not like we haven't seen his face.

So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Tumblr_ly2mbm1CeY1qfd0ut
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
There's no reason to bring Billy back, he has nothing to do with anything in RE. Focus on more relevant characters like Barry and Rebecca.
So we know Billy does not have Ghost Leader's vote.
Ghost Leader wrote:
HUNK should never be a protagonist or a full antagonist, his neutral allegiance I feel is part of the mystique of the character. I could see him appearing in a main series game or CG movie, but his role should be strictly as a mercenary working for an antagonist while maintaining only his material allegiance. That is, when the bad guy paying him dies, he just quietly sulks away because the money has dried up. Similarly, he should never be employed by the BSAA or another protagonistic group.

And, for Zeus' sake, stop wearing that damn gas mask everywhere! It made sense in RE2 where the risk of aerosol-based chemical agents was present, but in RE4 Mercs and Mercs 3D? Give me a break. It's not like we haven't seen his face.

So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Tumblr_ly2mbm1CeY1qfd0ut
I'm not saying they have to automically come back as the main protagonist or lead character of the next game. I'm just asking about putting them back in the main story in any way which means HUNK could be a main antagonist, a lackey, or just make a cameo, as long as he returns to the story. I DON'T want to see HUNK myself but he does have a place on this list. He is a canon character who took part in an important storyline(retrieval of the G-Virus from Birkin)

However, I'm glad you posted that picture bc some people do act as if his face was never shown. I don't buy the hype with the character myself. I don't find him mysterious at all.

You forgot Revelations. He wears the gas mask there too :-)
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:51 pm

I cast my vote for either Rebecca, Barry, or Carlos. I don't have any particular reason for these three, but I just like their characters and I think it'd be cool to see them come back!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:13 pm

HUNK was never in the main story. Ever. He was a side story. He even got brushed aside in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:18 am

Teh Spike wrote:
You know, Crowbar, I assumed you really dig Gordon Freeman, hence the name!
That the dude from Half Life? I've never even played those, the name sounded familiar so I looked it up, turns out I was right. Crowbar wasn't my first choice though, I had other tool/weapon names that I could have chosen. I even had a body part in mind (It was nothing inappropriate). I just like the way these names sound.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:58 am

Vandal wrote:
HUNK was never in the main story. Ever. He was a side story. He even got brushed aside in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

Side story or not, it was an important part of the main series canon and lore. Despite not having a huge role in ORC that game really had nothing to do with the retrieval of the G-virus, which was his main objective, so his cameo appearance is forgiveable.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:00 am

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
I'm not saying they have to automically come back as the main protagonist or lead character of the next game. I'm just asking about putting them back in the main story in any way which means HUNK could be a main antagonist, a lackey, or just make a cameo, as long as he returns to the story.
I know, I didn't intend to imply that. I was just stating I think HUNK should remain an "in the shadows" type of character, or if he must be thrust into the light, be shown working for the antagonist is a "Separate Ways" type scenario only to simply disappear once the antagonist is dead.

Quote :
You forgot Revelations. He wears the gas mask there too :-)
Never played it, I quit the franchise after 5.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:01 pm

^ If he had to, I'd prefer a cameo myself, but I know that people do like him for whatever reason (I'm just joking, we like who we like) so I think what you said would work out the best. That or something smaller like Assignment Ada. Bigger than a cameo, but not as big as a separate campaign/story.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Seeing as though Barry has finally made it off the "Stuck in 1998" island and has returned to the "society" with Revelations 2 (because let's face it, he is definitely in that game), who do you think will be the next escapee (granted the series isn't rebooted before then)?

I still have my money on Rebecca returning someday. Barry's reappearance if anything, has only strengthened my belief that she will return because if he (a character who so many swore no longer had relevance in the story and a fellow former STARS member no less) can make a comeback, then so can she.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Out of those? Rebecca.

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
I still have my money on Rebecca returning someday.  Barry's reappearance if anything, has only strengthened my belief that she will return because if he (a character who so many swore no longer had relevance in the story and a fellow former STARS member no less) can make a comeback, then so can she.

To be fair it most likely isn't going to be a playable role, propably just a cameo. That's why we're getting the daughter. Who, by the way, is our next contender in the "Next Generation of Heroes" line of characters, along with Jake and Sherry.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Should there be more or something Mass? Am I missing someone from the canon games (well Survivor is kind of canon, right) that's stuck in 1998?

Even if it's a cameo (although from what we know, I came to the conclusion he will be playing the "CV Chris" rescue role (playable for a small -compared to Claire- albeit important duration)), he's still not stuck in 1998 anymore canon wise. It's better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:09 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Should there be more or something Mass? Am I missing someone from the canon games (well Survivor is kind of canon, right) that's stuck in 1998?

Eh, not anyone who'd have a better chance than the ones already mentioned Very Happy

Bruce McGivern and Fong Ling I guess would be two but they aren't stuck in 1998. They, along with Manuela Hidalgo, are still stuck in 2002.

Then there's the whole casts of the rest of the spinoffs but there's no need to delve in those.

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Even if it's a cameo (although from what we know, I came to the conclusion he will be playing the "CV Chris" rescue role (playable for a small -compared to Claire- albeit important duration)), he's still not stuck in 1998 anymore canon wise. It's better than nothing.

That's true and I actually thought of the same exact thing about CV Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Dead Aim took place in 2002? I didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:12 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Dead Aim took place in 2002? I didn't know that.

Yep. It was mentioned in an official timeline in some Japan exclusive book. Which, by the way, added the game officially to the main canon Razz
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Well at least they aren't stuck in 1998 like the above. How does a company (Capcom) leave so many characters unanswered for in their current timeline. It's just lazy and terrible story writing IMO.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 7:13 am

Nicholai hates whoever left Barry out. Nicholai HATES YOU!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?   So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, who has the best chance of making it off the "forgotten" character island next?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next