HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V

Go down 
+7
Ghost Leader
VitalSigns
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
Mullet_Wesker
Rusty Redfield
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 pm

VitalSigns wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
but if you don't like backtracking, I can see why RE3 is your fave  Smile . Again, stay away from 0 if you can't stand backtracking, that game is 10 times worse than RECV. Even I found it too much.

The backtracking thing isn't the thing why I like RE3. I actually thought it had the longest backtracking bit in RE until I played CV, the part when you had to go way back to the beginning of the game to do something. It may have just been the part where you check on Russo or something. The reasons I love RE3 are Nemesis, Carlos, the introduction of the UBCS, the epilogues, the first Mercenaries mode and it being the first game where you can actually walk the streets of Raccoon. The beginning part of RE2 when you just run away from the streets doesn't really count.

If I ever get a Gamecube I will play Zer0. What kind of a fan would I be if I didn't? The item system in that is similar to Outbreak so at least I know what to expect. And I'm still okay with bactracking in RE and RE2 since they are on such a small scale, being mostly inside the Mansion and RPD plus the lab areas. The enemies don't respawn either.

I suggest you play it on the Wii. I own a gamecube and the gamecube version of zero, it looks MUCH better on the Wii than it does on the gamecube. And since the Wii accepts gamecube controllers and gamecube memory cards, there isn't a problem playing it.

However, you can also play it on an emulator on your PC and if you have a decent graphics card it can boost the game from SD to HD. I recommend dolphin. Though since the game wasn't designed to be pirated and played on the computer, it doesn't run quite as smooth.

I don't like Wii controllers and I don't feel like buying GC controllers seperately for it either. There aren't any Wii exclusive titles I'd be interested in either and the death of Wii WiFi is a big deal breaker. I honestly would buy a Wii U if it played GC games because there are other GC exclusive games I'm interested in but no Wii/U exclusives apart from Smash Bros.

I don't do emulators either, unless it's a game that is virtually impossible to get otherwise. I'd rather own the game anyway.

On a side note, I use PS3 controllers on PC. I don't own an Xbox.

RaviorStygian wrote:
RE2 would benefit much from a hard mode.

The Dreamcast and PC versions had that.

ThomVD wrote:
Enemies do respawn in the other games. Don't remember exactly in RE1, but in RE0, 2, 3 and REmake enemies definitely respawn.

I guess they do, now that I think of it. That respawning insta-kill Ivy was propably so traumatizing I got rid of those memories. It's still more manageable in a smaller setting, I think.

Mullet_Wesker wrote:
Now hold on a second, the enemies in CVX don't respawn. Razz Once you complete certain puzzles taht advance the plot, some enemies will spawn anew in areas (like the horde of zombies on the bridge up to the vampire-castle, hehe).

When the same type of enemies appear in the same areas, that's respawning. Sure, they are not actually the ones you killed, but for all intents and purposes they still kinda are. Like for example the graveyard, if you kill the zombies in the beginning they will be there again when you go put out the fire and again if you choose to take the medicine back to Rodrigo.

And seriously, that's a vampire castle if I've ever seen one Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Rusty Redfield
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Rusty Redfield

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 2:08 pm

This is a very interesting discussion! I can see why some people don't like CV due to the backtracking but if you've played any RE game you should be used to it by now. Even if there is a shit ton more in CV.
Back to top Go down
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:30 pm

CVX is definitely daunting, even if you've played the others. It took my friend Nathan once an entire weekend at my house to beat it. His recorded time was 17 hours, but the deaths definitely made it more like 20+.

On the flip-side though, I've beaten it in the time allotted you need to unlock the Rocket Launcher (not the Linear Launcher), which is like, 2 1/2, I think?
Back to top Go down
http://taylorjosephdean.com
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 7:53 pm

CVX's major flaw is a couple parts that you can totally trap yourself, forcing you to restart.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
CVX's major flaw is a couple parts that you can totally trap yourself, forcing you to restart.

multiple saves bro, the only way
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 6:18 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

You can't do that while on the A-RUN. You aren't allowed to do saves by yourself in the A-RUN. You can't use any of those First Aid Sprays either in the A-RUN.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 7:08 am

PWNERX wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

You can't do that while on the A-RUN. You aren't allowed to do saves by yourself in the A-RUN. You can't use any of those First Aid Sprays either in the A-RUN.

Normally when someone aims for an A they already played the game so they know what's coming and when to save ammo or dodge enemies
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 10:18 am

PWNERX wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

If you trap yourself, you probably weren't going to get an A anyway.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Oh yea. I've heard about the RE Remake Remaster comin' out in the year 2015. Well still no news for Claire's upcoming return.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V   RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE1/REmake vs RE2 vs RE C:V
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2