Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Canon changes

Go down 
+5
MSR
Revenant662
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Pau Diaz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Canon changes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 pm

The Darkside Chronicles appears to be a variation of what happened in RE2. In the original story, Leon and Claire were separated from each other and then their paths crisscrossed, but they never went anywhere together, whereas in DC, they stick together for much of the adventure.

Which of the two games portrays what was more likely to have happened?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
The Darkside Chronicles appears to be a variation of what happened in RE2. In the original story, Leon and Claire were separated from each other and then their paths crisscrossed, but they never went anywhere together, whereas in DC, they stick together for much of the adventure.

The retellings from the Chronicles games are not canon. They are only there to sum up the events with arcade style gameplay and co-op capabilities. Main game story trumps all inconsistencies.

All of the original story, however, is canon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:35 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:

The retellings from the Chronicles games are not canon. They are only there to sum up the events with arcade style gameplay and co-op capabilities. Main game story trumps all inconsistencies.

I thought so. Now, what was Operation Raccoon City? An alternate reality, in which USS confront Leon and Claire because of the USS being sent in and changing story-line events with their presence and Echo Six battle Nemesis? To me it looks like what might have happened had extra parties played their hands. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:

I thought so. Now, what was Operation Raccoon City? An alternate reality, in which USS confront Leon and Claire because of the USS being sent in and changing story-line events with their presence and Echo Six battle Nemesis? To me it looks like what might have happened had extra parties played their hands. What do you think?

According to Capcom before the game was released, it has some canon elements to it but is not completely canon. I think it's safe to say that at least the part about USS and Spec-Ops teams roaming around the city is true.

Since it's been so long most of the articles from before the game was released are buried under the thousands of others that came after. I did find an interview with Slant Six on ResidentEvilDatabase where they say that "it re-visits what might have happened during the events of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3".
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:01 am

It's obvious Birkin and Marcus weren't on friendly terms. I don't get why this is even being debated. What next, are we going to go into an in-depth debate over what color the sky is?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Since it's been so long most of the articles from before the game was released are buried under the thousands of others that came after. I did find an interview with Slant Six on ResidentEvilDatabase where they say that "it re-visits what might have happened during the events of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3".

Why do I get the feeling that there will be more games base in Raccoon City? I don't say it is a good thing or a bad thing, but it certainly was repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:12 pm

I fear the same thing. A genre can only go so far before it begins to wear thin. After all, Resident Evil has endured for 18 years. I think at 20, it will have reached the end of its lifespan.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:13 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that there will be more games base in Raccoon City? I don't say it is a good thing or a bad thing, but it certainly was repetitive.

I do hope that the last new game to take place in there would be a remake of an older title. I think we've seen enough about that one specific incident over the years. There is a lot more ground to cover with the series outside fo Raccoon.

Pau Diaz wrote:
I fear the same thing. A genre can only go so far before it begins to wear thin. After all, Resident Evil has endured for 18 years. I think at 20, it will have reached the end of its lifespan.

I hope we get at least one major title before the series has run its course.
Back to top Go down
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Personally, I say re-boot it, but this time, keep two things in mind.

1) Plan it all out from the start, instead of whipping up something new each time and hope it clashes well.

2) Have an end in sight. A five game story or something, ya know?
Back to top Go down
http://taylorjosephdean.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Mullet_Wesker wrote:
Plan it all out from the start, instead of whipping up something new each time and hope it clashes well.

Even that can go well for only so long. They had planned the story out up until RE3, though even those plans ended up changing drastically and the RE3 we got is way different from the one we were supposed to get. It was all supposed to end with RE4, really, but since that game did so well the series continued. I guess you kind of lose sight of the future when fans are craving for a new release soon after the previous. At least I'm happy for the fact that I can play a ton of these games with different stories. Still looking forward to 7, too.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:29 pm

One thing I did not like about Outbreak was how minimalist the character development was. As much as those games were canon, they did not really give anyone much depth, except in the ending cut scenes, but even then, their souls only shown through at moments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canon changes   Canon changes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon changes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2