HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored

Go down 
+8
TheLevelBest
Mass Distraction
37 Narwhals
DXP
Ghost Leader
MSR
PWNERX
Zombie_Professor
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Zombie_Professor
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Professor

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:45 am

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Outbreak

I am Zombie_Professor, a veteran member of the Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign. I am proud to celebrate with all of you this great news about the Resident Evil Outbreak server re-creation. Special thanks to The Fog and all his buddies who made it all possible. For complete details about how to play online check out: http://www.obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=545

The Outbreak server revival gives Outbreak fans a great place to gather and play online together. It is a heart-warming story of resilience and dedication. Diehard fans of a ten year old game triumphantly construct an online server and continue to enjoy it even though the official servers closed down over five years ago.

When the plug was pulled on the online servers, the excitement players experienced while playing Outbreak online came to an abrupt end. Many players came to the conclusion that Resident Evil Outbreak was finally dead. But our Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign challenges that notion. Instead of giving up, we are urging all Outbreak fans to come together, play online and voice support for the series.

I am also pleased to report that our "Request For Resident Evil Outbreak File #3 Petition" has amassed over 9900 signatures of support from passionate Resident Evil Outbreak fans. With our target of 10,000 signatures within reach, the petition is sure to turn heads at Capcom headquarters. http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html

Our team is extremely excited to see more strong-willed survivors joining the online Outbreak server. I look forward to seeing all of you in the game.

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon May 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Yay!
(Signed the petition, too).
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Zombie_Professor
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Professor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon May 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Japaneseresidentevilout

Awesome, thanks Pwnerx! Hope to see you online soon, buddy.

I have successfully connected to the online Outbreak File 2 server. The online community is very friendly and the server is running smoothly. Zombie_P is my username. Join up for some scenarios with me and my friends and we will have a blast.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Awesome. I never got to play Outbreak online. And I probably won't cuz i don't have a way to play online.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon May 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Zombie_Professor wrote:
Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Japaneseresidentevilout

Awesome, thanks Pwnerx! Hope to see you online soon, buddy.

I have successfully connected to the online Outbreak File 2 server. The online community is very friendly and the server is running smoothly. Zombie_P is my username. Join up for some scenarios with me and my friends and we will have a blast.

I need the PS2 internet rig xD
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:10 am

Zombie_Professor wrote:
With our target of 10,000 signatures within reach, the petition is sure to turn heads at Capcom headquarters.
Not likely. A mere 10,000 buys wouldn't warrant the production cost. ORC falling short of expectations isn't going to help either.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:43 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Zombie_Professor wrote:
With our target of 10,000 signatures within reach, the petition is sure to turn heads at Capcom headquarters.
Not likely. A mere 10,000 buys wouldn't warrant the production cost. ORC falling short of expectations isn't going to help either.

Well, if they had money, they could release the 10,000 copies of Resident Evil Outbreak File 3, and depending on how fast they go, make 5,000 more, and continue from there. And if the number of copies sold was high enough, that could alter the possibility of RE7 being an action game to being a horror game again. IF they make Outbreak File 3 a horror game.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:15 am

Friendly really? I've been told countless tales of people killing team members on purpose, and others acting like self entitled assholes on there...so no thanks I'll pass... And seriously after what the hell has happened on the 123 modding forums which is apparently something too do with members of your forum has made me realize just how retarded some of the resident evil community can be... -_-
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyTue May 27, 2014 8:51 am

PWNERX wrote:
Well, if they had money, they could release the 10,000 copies of Resident Evil Outbreak File 3, and depending on how fast they go, make 5,000 more, and continue from there. And if the number of copies sold was high enough, that could alter the possibility of RE7 being an action game to being a horror game again. IF they make Outbreak File 3 a horror game.
The main problem isn't the cost of the discs (if it was, they could get around it by making it digital anyway), it's that 10,000 won't even be enough to cover the wages of the people making the game, even if it had a small team.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:55 am

^Precisely.

Look, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with liking Outbreak or wanting another one to be made, but we're going on two console generations since the last one and the likelihood of a sequel to Outbreak 2 is getting smaller and smaller. There's also nothing wrong with being optimistic or proactive about it. But it's best not to get too optimistic, otherwise you'll be even more disappointed if it doesn't happen.

But then even if it does happen, there's also the chance that the game will end up absolutely sucking (Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?). This I know from personal experience with Golden Axe: Beast Rider and Assassin's Creed III, among a few other games.
Back to top Go down
Zombie_Professor
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Professor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyTue May 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Residenteviloutbreaksup

As the former administrator of the Support Outbreak website, I am glad to share with everyone some facts regarding Resident Evil Outbreak.

- According to Capcom's sales figures: the original Outbreak game sold 1.45 million copies on the Playstation 2 earning its spot as number 39 on Capcom's platinum titles list. http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

- Capcom continues to give fans access to the official Resident Evil Outbreak websites: http://www.capcom.com/reof2/main.html http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazardoutbreak/file1/file01.html
http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazardoutbreak/main.html

- Capcom is well aware that video game websites praised the dynamics of the game. IGN called Resident Evil Outbreak the “Best Action Game”, Gamers.com called it the “Best PS2 Game” and Gamepro awarded it an Editors Choice Award.

- Capcom rereleased Resident Evil Outbreak in their collection: Resident Evil The Essentials, which was released on September 11th 2007. The three games in this collection are Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 4. Capcom knew that these titles were essential Resident Evil games. All three games deserve respect for being Capcom platinum sellers.

- It is a well known fact that many members of Capcom's staff would love to see the the Outbreak series revived. Assistant producer of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Mike Ross said in an interview with Playstation Magazine UK "that he was a big fan of Outbreak and even acknowledged that there was a huge support group on Capcom Unity." Capcom producer Rey Jiminez added "that he was also a big fan and added that Outbreak was ahead of its time." http://www.play-mag.co.uk/general/capcom-captivate-round-up/

- D.C. Douglas, the legendary voice actor for Wesker, voiced his support for Resident Evil Outbreak.
In his own words: "I thought I'd come by and throw my name onto your list of folks who want RE Outbreak back! I'd think Capcom would oblige since they know that the fans are what make their company thrive."  http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/forum/search?blogID=10047621&categoryID=7391&forumID=17231&threadID=18679115&terms=Douglas&searchLevel=thread&pg=4  

- Interestingly enough, Christian Svensson, Capcom's Vice President of Strategic Planning & Business Development has said:

"I know that there are some fans who want old Outbreak to come back or a new title in the series. Very vocal ones at that. It comes up in planning discussions from time to time but it hasn't yet made it over the hump. Maybe someday it will." ... "As Seth alluded to on the stream, there have been some extrodinary lengths some folks internally have gone to try and help those Outbreak stalwarts that unfortunately didn't come good. Unfortunately, I can't talk about those things but just know there are people internally, especially in our office, supporting your desires." http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27573921/resident-evil-outbreak-a-low-priority?pg=2
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyWed May 28, 2014 3:45 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?

I actually liked that game...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
I liked TWD: Survival Instinct, but it was still a pretty subpar game. The point I was trying to make is that it was way over-hyped and everybody waiting those 10+ years for it got a subpar game that looked and played like it was hashed out in six months or less. People put Outbreak on a similarly high pedestal.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyWed May 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
I liked TWD: Survival Instinct, but it was still a pretty subpar game. The point I was trying to make is that it was way over-hyped and everybody waiting those 10+ years for it got a subpar game that looked and played like it was hashed out in six months or less. People put Outbreak on a similarly high pedestal.

Teh Spike says; while Teh Spike did enjoy both Outbreak titles very much, I can see what you are saying. Now I'm sure you are not trying to discredit how awesome and fun the Outbreak series is, and all of the detail and work put into those games, but they do seem a bit...I'm not sure how to describe it, but different from the games in the main series. Particularly gameplay wise.
Back to top Go down
TheLevelBest
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TheLevelBest

Playstation Network Xense101
Steam : TheLevelBest

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:48 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I wouldn't say I liked TWD: Survival Instinct, but it DEFINITELY has some decent aspects that other zombie games ignore - I think the stealth elements were there and I wish they were present in games like Dead Rising or even the latest Resident Evil games (let's not get into those though). I also liked how the enemies swarm and just come out of the woodworks when you do finally make loud noises which also adds to the experience. They paid attention with small details in the A.I. I think by having the zombies kinda sniff around for you if you got too close (I believe in the first Resident Evil, the zombies sniffed if you watched them closely, but it didn't alert them of your presence). One of my favorite features was being able to ONE HIT KILL with the KNIFE, which is something I hoped for in RE for the longest - I mean seriously, who stabs a zombie in the guts and expects it to go down XD. Also, IIRC, the zombies didn't go down unless they're brain was destroyed or if they were dismembered (A leg and an arm?)

As I type these lists of pros I'm actually finding joy in remembering the game, but with that being said, I just felt everything done would've been possible (graphics and all) on the 6th-Generation consoles (PS2, GameCube, XBOX, etc) so I expected more from a 2013 release. The game felt more like it was released in 2005.

Would type more, but surely this is the wrong topic for it, just had to comment on that XD - I'm new btw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheLevelBest
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:44 am

TheLevelBest wrote:
IIRC, the zombies didn't go down unless they're brain was destroyed or if they were dismembered (A leg and an arm?)

In the original RE? Naw, you could just shoot at their guts until they died. I think it was 4 or 5 shots from the handgun to the body until they died. Or were you talking about Survival Instinct? That I haven't played.

Welcome to the forums by the way. You should tell a bit about yourself in the introductions section Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheLevelBest
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TheLevelBest

Playstation Network Xense101
Steam : TheLevelBest

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Yea, I was referring to Survival Instinct XD. It's not a bad game imo, but it seems dated - makes me feel like I'm playing a PS2 title.

Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to check out the introductions section Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheLevelBest
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Average yearly wage for a game developer = $75,000.

If capcom put together a team of 10 people to work for 1 year on porting RE: outbreak 1 and 2 to the PSN network. It would cost Capcom a minimum of $750,000 not to mention publishing costs just to start the porting process.

+ You need to go through about 6 months of QA Testing (which can take a whole department. at EA just testing out a Nascar game where the player drove in circles for 500 laps took a department of about 10-30 people. We'll assume another 10 employees @ $25,000 for 6 months = $250,000

Publishing costs = $50,000 ? (includes localization and language translations)

Total = $1 million minimum (possibly $3 million)

Game will sell for $20 on PSN
Capcom wil earn $12 of profit off of that $20.
100,000 people need to buy the game @ $20 in order for Capcom to break even.

Given the fact that when RE:Outbreak 2 was new on the market it only sold 200,000 copies in North America. Selling an old game like Outbreak is going to be tough. Only the most die hard fans are going to buy it. And It's too risky.

Also. What about servers? Who will maintain the servers? Capcom will have to re-develop parts of the Outbreak games to a different online play solution. That would cost even more.
Back to top Go down
Zombie_Professor
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Professor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Giveusresidenteviloutbr

Friends, on behalf of the entire Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign, I want to give you our heartfelt thanks for your support. The Outbreak games have some of the most loyal and diehard fans out there. Today we celebrate 10,000 signatures on our "Request for Resident Evil Outbreak File #3" petition. http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html

Our team has achieved great things by working together, that is what unity is all about. In the words of the Capcom Admin, "Stay enthusiastic! Keep making noise! Let Capcom know how important this is and how many other people agree with you."

Overwhelmingly, I have received positive feedback about our petition. Fans are growing more and more enthusiastic and are making noise. Our campaign is carrying a great deal of positive momentum right now. The petition numbers continue to climb upwards and Resident Evil Outbreak discussions across all gaming forums are hot topics. We are making great strides to show Capcom how much fans want Resident Evil Outbreak back.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:57 am

Zombie_Professor wrote:
Friends, on behalf of the entire Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign, I want to give you our heartfelt thanks for your support. The Outbreak games have some of the most loyal and diehard fans out there. Today we celebrate 10,000 signatures on our "Request for Resident Evil Outbreak File #3" petition.

Overwhelmingly, I have received positive feedback about our petition. Fans are growing more and more enthusiastic and are making noise. Our campaign is carrying a great deal of positive momentum right now. The petition numbers continue to climb upwards and Resident Evil Outbreak discussions across all gaming forums are hot topics. We are making great strides to show Capcom how much fans want Resident Evil Outbreak back.
Too bad it won't mean squat. Sorry to sound negative, but I'm simply being a realist here. Your petition, all its signatures, and all the "noise" you're making won't bring Outbreak 3 even close to a reality.

Quote :
In the words of the Capcom Admin, "Stay enthusiastic! Keep making noise! Let Capcom know how important this is and how many other people agree with you."
You realize he's just pandering to you, right?
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:30 am

I will always love the outbreak games! I will keep hope that they may make a return at some point, but i know it's a very small chance.  

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Zombie_Professor
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Professor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Giveusaportforresidente

EQOAnostalgia, it is nice to see strong-willed survivors like you whose support for Outbreak has never died.

Capcom has been known to give their fans what they want. If we are determined enough, we will succeed. It is worth fighting for the chance to play Outbreak online again with all of our friends.
Back to top Go down
LuciousXII
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
LuciousXII

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 am

Greetings I have signed the petition but its been said that the petition is from 07 right? Its just going to be hard to persuade capcom that way, I think we need a new and keep that petition alive too. That is why I made a new one

https://www.change.org/petitions/capcom-resident-evil-outbreak-file-3-or-a-port-of-the-two-re-outbreak-games

I think we need at least 50,000 signatures to start hoping for something.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:14 pm

TheLevelBest wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I wouldn't say I liked TWD: Survival Instinct, but it DEFINITELY has some decent aspects that other zombie games ignore - I think the stealth elements were there and I wish they were present in games like Dead Rising or even the latest Resident Evil games (let's not get into those though). I also liked how the enemies swarm and just come out of the woodworks when you do finally make loud noises which also adds to the experience. They paid attention with small details in the A.I. I think by having the zombies kinda sniff around for you if you got too close (I believe in the first Resident Evil, the zombies sniffed if you watched them closely, but it didn't alert them of your presence). One of my favorite features was being able to ONE HIT KILL with the KNIFE, which is something I hoped for in RE for the longest - I mean seriously, who stabs a zombie in the guts and expects it to go down XD. Also, IIRC, the zombies didn't go down unless they're brain was destroyed or if they were dismembered (A leg and an arm?)

As I type these lists of pros I'm actually finding joy in remembering the game, but with that being said, I just felt everything done would've been possible (graphics and all) on the 6th-Generation consoles (PS2, GameCube, XBOX, etc) so I expected more from a 2013 release. The game felt more like it was released in 2005.

Would type more, but surely this is the wrong topic for it, just had to comment on that XD - I'm new btw.

The beginning of Ada's chapter in RE6 has some stealth, if that's something you're interested in. Otherwise, just pop in MGS if you're in the mood for some stealth action!
Back to top Go down
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Whether Capcom is bringing Outbreak back or not, in the last few weeks I've managed to soft mod mine and a friends PS2's, ordered Swapmagic, and have two Japanese copies of Outbreak File 1 on the way. Once I get these running online, we'll be playing online using the still up and running Japanese server.

Once I confirm all this works, would anyone be interested in playing? Man, a four man Outbreak team sounds so awesome right now...
Back to top Go down
http://taylorjosephdean.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored   Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Outbreak Has Online Play Restored
Page 1 of 1