HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries

Go down 
+4
Known_Hero
Outbreakgirl
RaviorStygian
Spike991
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Alrighty then, last night I was playing RE6 Mercs Oline, for the first time eva! It was on my friends Ps3 though.

Now, I was a little hesitant, since the level the person who's game I joined was, Steel Beast, the worst of the 3 basic levels.

I was playing Jake, and my partner was Helena. We had the most badass run in Mercs ever. We had a combo that was around 120 I think, I kind of lost track, but we did lose the big combo before the run was over. Neither of us were ever in dying status, and just pwnd the J'avo. Very epic. I think the final score ended up being like 1,000,000 something...and I'm not joking. Is that possible to get that much? Unless I was just reading the numbers wrong, there were alot of digits.

That's the great thing about online Mercs, when you play with a reliable partner who can hold their own and take care of themselve, and who can also help keep the combo going. It seems like anytime I'd miss a beat and the combo was about to slip, Helena would keep it going, and vice versa. We were untouchable. She did her thing, and of course I owned it up with my handgun and the hand-to-hand. So much fun!

Now, I also tried Agent Hunt, which isn't my cup of tea. I got to play as a J'avo(but I coudn't seem to get off of the side of the ship I was on, and there was nobody around so I just Left), a zombie dog, and a slow-ass crypt zombie wielding a shovel. I also played as that annoying thing that splits in two, and has the hands that actually come off. Like what's been said here before, the monsters that you play as, die too easy, and then you have to wait to respawn. Definately could use some balancing.

This morning, I also decided, after such a victorious night with Mercs online, that I'd give it another go. Unfortunately the tard I played with didn't do so well.

Of course the basic stuff, wait forever to find someone to play with, get ejected from a few rooms, eventually create your own game til someone joins. Very tedious. But once you get going it's nice. Now, this guy couldn't keep the combo going for shit. And obviously couldn't pay attention to his health. At one point, we were both standing on top where that Time Bonus is, this is on Urban Chaos BTW, I'm Jake again and this guy is Chris, there was an herb just chillin there, and I was waiting for this guy to take it, as Jake starts off with 10 pills, plus the red+green mixture I picked up, I was set. I even pointed my laser sight at the herb, but he didn't take it, so I did. Anyway, we were both up there, and I decided to jump down and get some more kills, you know, preserve the combo, continue to get that score up, and not 10 seconds after I got down on the street, Chris goes into dying status.

Yup, I knew we were screwed right then, because there's no way I was going to be able to find the ladder, ascend it, and rescusitate him in time. Final scene, he got munched on by a zombie, a regular ass zombie, no weapon, it was a female zombie too.

I mean come on, you got killed by a zombie? WTF.

Words can't describe the dissapointment of putting your blood, sweat and tears into a run, and after all your hard work, for it to end like that. I wasn't even mad, it's just dissapointing.

Otherwise the online run experience was really great! Razz
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Give a couple of more goes and you'll be getting plenty of 150 combos, which are pretty easy if you're playing with someone good.

RE6 Mercs is almost only good online. I actually don't have that much fun playing Solo Mercs in this game.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Mercs is more fun when you have a partner. That's my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Give a couple of more goes and you'll be getting plenty of 150 combos, which are pretty easy if you're playing with someone good.

Yeah, I know I can do it. But damn, getting every single enemy on the level in one combo, have you? And unfortunately, while I feel like I have the potential to do it, given the right partner, I doubt I'll be able to come across said person.

RaviorStygian wrote:
RE6 Mercs is almost only good online. I actually don't have that much fun playing Solo Mercs in this game.

Solo Mercs can be fun. But obviously playing with a buddy, or even a random person around the world, is wayyy more fun. I just wish that Split-Screen was more tolerable. There's not a single person that I've played split with that didn't complain about how the screen was split. It makes it really hard to see, and just really detracts from the overall experience.

Outbreakgirl wrote:
Mercs is more fun when you have a partner. That's my opinion anyway.

Of course.

But yeah, I'd almost prefer to play Solo over Split, just because of how bad it is. Basically, like Ravior said, Online is almost the only good way to play Mercs. Which sucks if you don't have online. I wish Capcom had put that in their little survey.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Yeah, Agent Mode sucks. I think Capcom buffed agent mode for survivor. Enemies appear to run faster and hit harder. I still think it was a bad idea implementing it into Survivor.

Personally, I enjoy playing solo Mercs more than duo. Solo is more challenging and requires strategy. One thing I don't like about RE6 mercs scoring system is that you HAVE to finish with a 150 combo in order to get a respectable score. RE5 reunion had the same system. The constant restarting can get a bit tiresome.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Yeah, I know I can do it. But damn, getting every single enemy on the level in one combo, have you? And unfortunately, while I feel like I have the potential to do it, given the right partner, I doubt I'll be able to come across said person.
I have several times. Smile It's really not as hard as you might think, and more than 150 enemies spawn on the map, unlike in 5.

Steel Beast isn't a very good map to try it on though. Hate that map. DX The easiest map is probably Mining the Depths.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 am

I can't stand mining the depths… I still think the easiest map is Urban Chaos. I at least know where the enemies are going to spawn, and when. Mining the Depths is a little too crazy in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:
it was a female zombie too.
Female zombies have always been the most dangerous Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Huh, I actually find Urban Chaos to be a bit harder.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 pm

I only play this kind of game with people I know (online or 2 player offline) cause the only mercs i was good at is the RE4 mercs, then I lost my touch Sad. Also I like to talk with the other person in a casual way (not screaming N00b), that's why I prefer friends to play with online
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Its actually pretty appropriate that current RE games are some of the best in co-op, since there was usually two people working together in each RE. I still think RE5 is one of the funnest current-gen co-op games, and RE6 is no exception. However I think RE6 is more fun in Mercs co-op than campaign co-op.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Its actually pretty appropriate that current RE games are some of the best in co-op, since there was usually two people working together in each RE. I still think RE5 is one of the funnest current-gen co-op games, and RE6 is no exception. However I think RE6 is more fun in Mercs co-op than campaign co-op.

Yeah, I preferred RE6's single player mode to be, well, single player. I guess having an AI partner that isn't useless and annoying like Sheva was in RE5's campaign makes a difference.

Mercs always feels different, as does the entire game, from one game to another, so RE4 Mercs to RE5 Mercs, and obviously RE6, but they all play real nice. I'm craving some RE6 Mercs atm though.

RaviorStygian, yes, there's usually somebody else in the RE games, but typically you are alone, and that other somebody only comes in occasionally, making you appreciate them being there more. Unlike RE5 and RE6, either forcing a partner down your throat, or having somebody with you the entire time, excluding Ada's campaign of course.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
it was a female zombie too.
Female zombies have always been the most dangerous Razz

Apparently. She just bickered him to death, and I couldn't do anything about it...
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

Playstation Network Yunfang1130

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:00 am

I think the highest score I've seen so far for Duo is 1.4 million. Same for solo, if I'm not mistaken. I got 1.2 million with a partner, and 1.1 million as Carla by myself on UC.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:55 am

Lady Yuna wrote:
I think the highest score I've seen so far for Duo is 1.4 million. Same for solo, if I'm not mistaken. I got 1.2 million with a partner, and 1.1 million as Carla by myself on UC.

Okay, so the million score wasn't something false that I remembered? Because it was totally like a million something, but like I said, that night was a tad fuzzy, so I couldn't be sure.

That's ridiculous. I don't know that I've ever gotten more than like 200K in another Mercs, even RE5 Mercs Reunion, and they have some ownage character/weapon sets. Definately Becca with her flamethrower move, in addition to the MP5/Striker combo, and starting off with 2 F. Aid Sprays. Barry was cool too, his pistol, magnum and sniper rifle combo, in addition to his pretty good melee's, like the headbutt, and obviously Miranda Rights, when they are on the ground. These two characters kinda suck in Mercs3D though. Mass said he was good with Becca in there though, so maybe it's just me. But I like Krauser and Jill myself. HUNK owns too.

But yeah, that score is outrageous. I think getting such a large combo has something to do with it, as I said before, it was well over 120, so that score being so high has to be related to the combo.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Spike991 wrote:
But yeah, that score is outrageous. I think getting such a large combo has something to do with it, as I said before, it was well over 120, so that score being so high has to be related to the combo.
Not really. Like I've said before, getting scores like that aren't all that hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries    Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries  Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 Online Mercenaries
Page 1 of 1