Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE5 and 1 the most realistic?

Go down 
+9
Valentine Fan
MSR
Vandal
DampRevil
Mass Distraction
Ssplain
PAULSAMSON
37 Narwhals
Jamesy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 and 1 the most realistic? Empty
PostSubject: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 pm

Do you agree that in terms of storyline, monsters and enemies that resident evil 1 and 5 was more focused on 'realism' like it could almost happen in real life? RE6 and RE4 in my opinion is the the polar opositte in terms of realism to RE5. I mean some of the enemies/characters RE4 and 6 were so over the top.

Mind you RE4 was better than both 5 and 6.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:38 pm

RE5 was pretty over the top too, with Wesker's superpowers and the enormous monsters.

I'd say RE1, 3, and maybe 0 are the most realistic. Almost all of the mutations are done off-screen, so you can at least imagine that the monsters were created over a semi-reasonable time frame, as opposed to the mutations in the other games where a human sized enemy can become bigger than a truck in 5 seconds. The monsters also weren't nearly as large as some of the newer ones, like Irving or U-8.

Plus, Chris fighting in a volcano was pretty unrealistic, you don't have to touch the magma to die from that heat.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:36 pm

I smell Chris' fanboys and Leon's haters
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 pm

I think Resident Evil 1 is the most [i]realistic[i] in the series. I do not find much of 5 believable at all. After recently beating Gaiden I could say it is also highly realistic from a story / monster standpoint.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:58 am

As much as I love RE5 it's far from being anywhere near realistic.

Back when the games focused on just zombies and bio-weapons it felt more "realistic".

And no, while RE4 had a tad more realistic feel to it than RE5, it is still not very realistic either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 pm

If you want to get that technical, none of the games are really that realistic. While certain games may be more realistic than others, the enemies and stories are something that would never exist in a real life scenario.

Resident Evil 4 and on is when the series became over the top. I would say the most believable project in the entire series in Degeneration, and while that's not exactly realistic either, it's simple so it's more believable than some of the other projects.

So yeah, I wouldn't say Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 5 are the most realistic.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 5:29 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Complaining about Leon dropping 30+ foot distances straight on his feet to the ground without shattering his ankles like a real person would doesn't make me a hater.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Complaining about Leon dropping 30+ foot distances straight on his feet to the ground without shattering his ankles like a real person would doesn't make me a hater.

No, please don't get me wrong. I was exagerating the idea that if someone thinks that those two are the most realistic games of the franchise, then they must have some big military men fetish Razz.

I like to view the games in eras (as I'm sure you do too, since you have a clear difference of preference for the earlier games). jumping from 1 all the way up to 5 is kinda suspicious and borderline trolling.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:38 am

When I think re5 I always think about Jill doing super crazy ninja flip kicks while dodging bullets. Kinda ruins it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 3:43 am

Well, I guess RE5 could only be realistic on Professional difficulty, and when not carrying 3 Rifles, a Magnum Revolver and Desert Eagle, Body Armor, a Rocket Launcher and one First Aid Spray.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:12 am

PWNERX wrote:
Well, I guess RE5 could only be realistic on Professional difficulty, and when not carrying 3 Rifles, a Magnum Revolver and Desert Eagle, Body Armor, a Rocket Launcher and one First Aid Spray.

I think we're going for a different kind of realism here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:54 am

Yeah, if you cart body armor in a pocket of your body armor, I think something is wrong with that picture.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 am

PWNERX wrote:
Not really, I've survived more explosions than punches on that mode.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Ssplain wrote:
When I think re5 I always think about Jill doing super crazy ninja flip kicks while dodging bullets. Kinda ruins it for me.

Yep. I wasnt fond of that stuff either. Really, i believe RE has been less realistic since Code Veronica and it's over the top action. And especially with the CVX rerelease. Not starting with RE4 as some may have you believe. But i absolutely like having SOME action. I liked when Jill did that slo-mo split in midair while taking buff guy Chris down like no one's business. I guess those two are into some sort of female domination stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Whenever I think of 5 dessert shanty towns come to mind
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:53 pm

RE1 definitely. I think with each passing game, Capcom kept trying to out-do what they had done previously, and because of that, they lost a little bit of realism with each game. RE1 didn't have to deal with any of that, and as a result, just stands on its own two feet, balancing realism and the monsters/virus/storyline really well.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 pm

RE5 lost any kind of realism when Chris started punching boulders.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:41 pm

RE5 stopped having realism when I had an inventory of 3 Shotguns, a Minigun, a Rocket Launcher, a Stun Rod, a M500, and a Grenade Launcher.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:34 pm

PWNERX wrote:
RE5 stopped having realism when I had an inventory of 3 Shotguns, a Minigun, a Rocket Launcher, a Stun Rod, a M500, and a Grenade Launcher.

Resident evil as a whole started being unrealistic when a zombie managed to take 3 magnum shots to the face.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 11:42 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Plus, Chris fighting in a volcano was pretty unrealistic, you don't have to touch the magma to die from that heat.
One would have to wear a protective suit just to get within 50 yards of it. And it isn't just the magma, there are all kinds of toxic gases coming up through the earth that would kill you.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 am

JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Resident evil as a whole started being unrealistic when a zombie managed to take 3 magnum shots to the face.

I think that can be blamed on Barry aiming in the wrong spots until the headshot. Then again, he did take 2 rounds to kill a Hunter, so it could also be his ammunition.

But then again, it's hard to find .357 Magnum ammo (if this is RE1, he used the Colt Python) that isn't High Velocity.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:19 am

PWNERX wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

I think that can be blamed on Barry aiming in the wrong spots until the headshot. Then again, he did take 2 rounds to kill a Hunter, so it could also be his ammunition.

But then again, it's hard to find .357 Magnum ammo (if this is RE1, he used the Colt Python) that isn't High Velocity.
Caliber would realistically be irrelevant. Even a 9mm to the head will kill you just as dead, or at least neutralize you as a threat. With zombies, it'd be even more irrelevant.

That said, it could very well be where he's aiming. Contrary to what some people think, most police and military are trained to aim for the torso, rather than the head, because it's a larger target and because a bullet to the heart or lungs will certainly stop you.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 10:07 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Caliber would realistically be irrelevant. Even a 9mm to the head will kill you just as dead, or at least neutralize you as a threat. With zombies, it'd be even more irrelevant.

That said, it could very well be where he's aiming. Contrary to what some people think, most police and military are trained to aim for the torso, rather than the head, because it's a larger target and because a bullet to the heart or lungs will certainly stop you.

When I was talking caliber, I meant it against the Hunters, with their thick scales and all.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 4:12 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

When I was talking caliber, I meant it against the Hunters, with their thick scales and all.

there is an argument for both but tbf barry should of been aware that zombies only die with headshots haha
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 2:04 am

JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

there is an argument for both but tbf barry should of been aware that zombies only die with headshots haha
Not necessarily. For all we know, Night of the Living Dead never happened in the RE universe and therefor zombies never became a pop culture icon. Without George Romero's classic, they would never have known what a zombie is and that you have to destroy the brain to kill one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE5 and 1 the most realistic?   RE5 and 1 the most realistic? Empty

Back to top Go down

RE5 and 1 the most realistic?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next