Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Next gen vs. current gen

Go down 
+11
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
37 Narwhals
RebelliousQueen
PWNERX
Known_Hero
Vandal
Nobudy
NiteKrawler
Industrial Ridden
SWITCHMYND
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Who would want to buy a new system with only a handful of games anyway? And more titles are still slated for current gen consoles as well.
My thoughts exactly. I'm waiting for a price drop on the PS4 before I even consider it.
I don't know anyone buying the consoles day one, but you can bet your ass there'll be a line of people camping and peeing in bottles on day one launch.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Who would want to buy a new system with only a handful of games anyway? And more titles are still slated for current gen consoles as well.
My thoughts exactly. I'm waiting for a price drop on the PS4 before I even consider it.
I don't know anyone buying the consoles day one, but you can bet your ass there'll be a line of people camping and peeing in bottles on day one launch.
A moment of silence for our companions working at any place that sells games/consoles. And another for the GTA V midnight launch.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
A moment of silence for our companions working at any place that sells games/consoles. And another for the GTA V midnight launch.
Bah, I know the regulars at my gamestop love midnight releases. Though I don't think I've actually met anyone at Gamestop who doesn't love their job. I feel more sorry for those who work at some place like Best Buy.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Bah, I know the regulars at my gamestop love midnight releases. Though I don't think I've actually met anyone at Gamestop who doesn't love their job. I feel more sorry for those who work at some place like Best Buy.
Really? I see some reviewers out there who say Gamestop sucks as a job. Then again, they might be the type to hate any kind of work in general.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Really? I see some reviewers out there who say Gamestop sucks as a job. Then again, they might be the type to hate any kind of work in general.
Well the people that I know at least. They're always there, they play literally every single hot release that comes out. If it sucks as a job I don't really know anyone who displayed hatred for it. Except the managers. They all look like they want to kill themselves.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Well the people that I know at least. They're always there, they play literally every single hot release that comes out. If it sucks as a job I don't really know anyone who displayed hatred for it. Except the managers. They all look like they want to kill themselves.
Ha! Maybe I should have applied there instead.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Well you probably read that Kotaku article, right? I suppose it depends on which store you work at.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Vandal wrote:
Well you probably read that Kotaku article, right? I suppose it depends on which store you work at.
True. I've realized that the way you enjoy work all lies within the management.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:45 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
True. I've realized that the way you enjoy work all lies within the management.
I guess. Or how much you want to enjoy your job.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Nobudy wrote:

Nonsense!
Midnight and big release days are awesome.
You have your work cut out for you and need to drink so much coffee but it's great.
Well at least in my case it was when I worked in GameStation.
We all seemed to love the job and went the extra mile when we had a midnight release.
Hyping the crowd up with games such as raffles, if you had a number that we called out then you could get in front of the queue and what not.
Plus we had the music cranked all the way up, really don't think it was a good experience for those living around that area though haha.
It's like every job though, some days are depressing and boring, some days are fantastic.
No job will every be satisfying every day.
However working in a game store and having co-workers that are awesome to be around really helps, especially if you are a big gamer yourself.
I loved getting new releases, rushing through them and helping out customers on certain parts, or even the weekend loiterers that would hang about the shop for hours on end
and talk none stop gaming.
I got on great with them, however I didn't like the WOW fanboys though as I'm not a huge MMORPG type of guy.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Nonsense!
Midnight and big release days are awesome.
You have your work cut out for you and need to drink so much coffee but it's great.
Well at least in my case it was when I worked in GameStation.
We all seemed to love the job and went the extra mile when we had a midnight release.
Hyping the crowd up with games such as raffles, if you had a number that we called out then you could get in front of the queue and what not.
Plus we had the music cranked all the way up, really don't think it was a good experience for those living around that area though haha.
It's like every job though, some days are depressing and boring, some days are fantastic.
No job will every be satisfying every day.
However working in a game store and having co-workers that are awesome to be around really helps, especially if you are a big gamer yourself.
I loved getting new releases, rushing through them and helping out customers on certain parts, or even the weekend loiterers that would hang about the shop for hours on end
and talk none stop gaming.
I got on great with them, however I didn't like the WOW fanboys though as I'm not a huge MMORPG type of guy.
Maybe where you live (you lucky dog), but Dallas is a big city, and the people I'm around are so impatient and stubborn. I'm glad I'm not too much like that.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm

think ill prob get the ps4. if dad will pay for it lol
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Aegis wrote:
think ill prob get the ps4. if dad will pay for it lol
With the amount they take out in taxes for paychecks? Not for a while. You should wait for a price drop before getting it. That's what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:52 pm

i would but id like to play battlefield 4. since its coming out before the ps4 and i dont have a ps3 or 360. i figure i might as well try n get the ps4 now since i def want it at some point anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:44 am

Nobudy wrote:

Maybe where you live (you lucky dog), but Dallas is a big city, and the people I'm around are so impatient and stubborn. I'm glad I'm not too much like that.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong people around where I live now (Edinburgh) are the most ignorant, impatient and stuck up pretentious assholes I've ever met.
I know this is a massive generalisation but Edinburgh people tend to think they are above a certain class level because they stay in the capital city.
Not to mention the amount of "preppy" English students that flood the city every year.
I once was chatting away to friends of friends on a night out in a club and this remedial idiot of a girl was like "I never knew people that worked for Tesco where human".
Now the worst part was she wasn't being ignorant (well she was) but she was actually being serious.
I was just like no we are just artificial intelligence programmed by our overlords at Tesco, we have been granted free access tonight to partake in human social activities in hopes that it will help us gain a better understanding of morality and human interaction and thus giving us a productivity increase when we are at work.
This response led to a very confused and vacant stare to which I retorted, you are not as intelligent as you think you are so I would just hold back on future statements that are as idiotic and ignorant as the statement you just blurted out, idiot.
Some people just get me tempered, especially those who have this type of personality.
Anyway enough ranting, in a nutshell people in Edinburgh tend to be less desirable and friendly, but I'm Glasgow and we are know for being a friendly, out going bunch so
yeah that was partly why GameStation was as decent as it was, if it where the Edinburgh branch then my time with the company might not have be so pleasant.

@Aegis - Since you already have a gaming PC and want battlefield 4 then you should really just do a small upgrade (partly GPU upgrade) until the PS4 drops in price.
It will cheaper in the long run and at least will tide you over until such price drops happen with the console.
However if your PC is a home computer then you are probably just best getting a PS4 for christmas as gaming rig from the ground up will cost you around £500, especially one that will compete will the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next gen vs. current gen   Next gen vs. current gen - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next gen vs. current gen
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3