HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.

Go down 
+8
Paperface*
hunter destroyer
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
Vandal
RebelliousQueen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. Empty
PostSubject: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. Gsm_169_video_game_history_month_shinji_mikami_052611_640

Resident Evil
creator Shinji Mikami
reveals that he isn’t too
fond for the series after
his last Resident Evil game, Resident Evil 4. The
developer admits that he doesn’t like the fact that
someone else created Resident Evil 5
without him and that Resident Evil 6
seems “more like a
Hollywood action film
than a zombie game.”

Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. Resident-Evil-6-explosion-header

It seems like the Resident Evil series has been straying away from its survival horror
roots and more towards
becoming an action-packed
shooter. This seems especially
true with the upcoming Resident Evil 6, which has fans riled up since it looks like
it’s high on shooting and
explosions and less on horror
and scares — and Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, whose last Resident Evil game was Resident Evil 4, agrees.

In an interview with CVG, Mikami agreed with the
publication’s statement that
people are tired of “zombie
games and movies,” saying:
“That’s the problem. When I
saw the trailer for 6, it looks as though it’s more like a
Hollywood action film than a
zombie game. Well, that’s just
the trailer mind you.”

When asked how he feels
now that he’s no longer
involved with Resident Evil games like
Resident Evil 6, Mikami expressed that
“I’m not especially happy or
sad about it. I think they’re working very hard on it. The
guys at Capcom are working
hard.” But when asked if he
was going to play Resident Evil 6,
Mikami admitted: “I don’t
know until it comes out. I didn’t play Resident Evil 5 until a year ago, which was
long after it came out. They
sent me a copy, but I didn’t
open it for a long time.“

Apparently, one of the
reasons for this is because he
actually doesn’t like the idea
that someone else created Resident Evil
5. “Whether the game was
good or bad,” he continued, “I knew that someone other
than me had made it so it
would be different to my
style. I didn’t like the idea of
that.”

So basically, the creator of Resident Evil
is not too keen on the Resident Evil
series anymore — which is
saying a lot — and a lot of old
time fans probably feel the
same way.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Well, you don't need to be legendary father of survival horror to know that Laughing 
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Vandal wrote:
Well, you don't need to be legendary father of survival horror to know that Laughing
Vandal he's just butthurt, cause making Resident Evil 5 without him is a slap to his face.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Vandal he's just butthurt, cause making Resident Evil 5 without him is a slap to his face.
I don't think he's butthurt as much as he is offended. They took his baby and dressed him up in a gay sailor outfit. Then took pictures and sent them to him.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I don't think he's butthurt as much as he is offended. They took his baby and dressed him up in a gay sailor outfit. Then took pictures and sent them to him.
Haha, dude that costume is horrible. Chris looked like a Popeye The Sailor Gay. Well, yes more on getting offended, and emotionally hurt. He is bitter for not playing Resident Evil 5 but it's his choice.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Haha, dude that costume is horrible. Chris looked like a Popeye The Sailor Gay. Well, yes more on getting offended, and emotionally hurt. He is bitter for not playing Resident Evil 5 but it's his choice.
HAH! AHAHAAHHAH! I laughed so hard at that!! I'm still sticking to The Evil Within, I'm really anticipating that game. I'll admit that my standards are rather high with this one.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:
HAH! AHAHAAHHAH! I laughed so hard at that!! I'm still sticking to The Evil Within, I'm really anticipating that game. I'll admit that my standards are rather high with this one.
Haha, and the sunglasses made it worst. Now it looked more gayish. Indeed. The Evil Within is much more better. I kinda liked that game too. I hope Shinji Mikami continues to design game afterall he had been through.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 am

I find it weird that RE should even be called a "zombie game". There are way too many out there today and RE has way too much variety in monsters to just call it a "zombie game".

Chris looked like a Popeye The Sailor Gay.
That's getting quoted.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:22 am

It is what it is, to be fair it paved the way for most zombie titles today. Even though people still call ganados and majini zombies.. they just doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 am

Vandal wrote:
 He does sound butthurt. Why did they get rid of him?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I guess Capcom is scared of innovation, money, and success.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 am

Vandal wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Didn't he leave of his own volition?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Didn't he leave of his own volition?
He did, I'm joshing around. I think they scared him off though.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 am

Capcom has turned to the darkside; now they'll give everyone infinite ammo, and kill off all the good characters.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:09 am

PWNERX wrote:
Capcom has turned to the darkside; now they'll give everyone infinite ammo, and kill off all the good characters.
What are you talking about…? How high are you?
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:20 am

I like RE no matter what route it takes, I liked the survival horror part of the series and I like the third persona action part of the series as well. I can't say which I like better, they are both equally awesome for me and I've had great experiences with each. I think RE5 and RE6 is receiving much more hate that it should. All of the Undead/Infected is becoming more advanced, thus resulting in an all out explosive war. It makes sense.
Back to top Go down
hunter destroyer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
hunter destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
I like RE no matter what route it takes, I liked the survival horror part of the series and I like the third persona action part of the series as well. I can't say which I like better, they are both equally awesome for me and I've had great experiences with each. I think RE5 and RE6 is receiving much more hate that it should. All of the Undead/Infected is becoming more advanced, thus resulting in an all out explosive war. It makes sense.
took the words right outta my mouth. However, I do prefer the normal zombies over the Ganados.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm done with Resident Evil, if Capcom wants to try to milk an undead cow, I'd like to be omitted when they start asking if anyone wants to try their milk shakes.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
What are you talking about…? How high are you?
This is what I'm like...when I am not high, which is all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Hah, no wonder the next generation of undead people is more civilized. Using tablet, iPad, iPhone, any kind of gadgets. Even laptops, computers and hey they can even chat, you'll see in the future we we're having our first undead member here.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
I agree, Imagine having the major characters(Leon, Chris etc.) Who are much, much more experienced now. Be in a game where they fight those simple zombies whereas they know a simple headshot can kill em. The best thing is to get rid of those experienced fighters and have new idiot unexperienced
characters be in a town with regular yet iconic zombies in em. But that won't happen because THEN the "FANS" of those well respected characters
will then be angry at RE and might even start a bloody revolt
because their favorite characters are not in the game anymore.

Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. Tumblr_inline_mqibukr3aZ1qz4rgp_zps6ed79626

Let's face it. RE can't please everyone. They just have to please the majority, But as of what i'm seeing right now. They ain't headed at the right direction.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:23 am

Paperface, if you want a new Resident Evil game that has idiot unexperienced newly characters. Well, make your own, leave us out of it. If you are talkin' about majority? Well, YES we want those old badass characters that we knew. Chris, Leon, Claire, Jill etc. Talkin about respect? Well, YES we respect them more than anything. Bow to these characters, they will never be forgotten. What do you mean by they're ain't heading in a right direction? Resident Evil pleases anyone, and I believe mostly half of population of earth. The only one's not please is you.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:58 am

Paperface, if you want a new Resident Evil game that has idiot unexperienced newly characters. Well, make your own, leave us out of it. If you are talkin' about majority? Well, YES we want those old badass characters that we knew. Chris, Leon, Claire, Jill etc. Talkin about respect? Well, YES we respect them more than anything. Bow to these characters, they will never be forgotten. What do you mean by they're ain't heading in a right direction? Resident Evil pleases anyone, and I believe mostly half of population of earth. The only one's not please is you.
And me. I'm not pleased either, so no, RE doesn't please anyone. I just want it to be a survival horror again, and it doesn't need to go back to static camera angles or tank controls to do it. Survival horror is all about atmosphere.

And Paper didn't say anything about forgetting any of the characters we love, just that he would like to see a game where we control someone new and inexperienced in fighting BOWs. Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire were new and inexperienced once.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:00 am

I was talking about the HANDFUL of fans who keeps on complaining about the new RE.
I'm not against you or anything. I'm just going by what I see people are writing.
Most of them say they want the old games back. They say they want the old Leon. Not the new pretty boy strong Leon. That they want the OLD normal zombies back again. They're complaining about those stuff.
All i'm saying is if those fans want that kind of vibe again. Then RE should get rid of the characters we loved. Since they're pretty OP to be battling against normal zombies(which I too, like) again. And they have to bring in new characters to give off that survival horror vibe again, Atleast for me. But if that happens. What's next? They'll be complaining about LOTS of stuff again. Like complaining about not having characters like Chris etc. Capcom isn't headin at the right direction simply because alot of old fans are not
liking the new RE(myself not included). And what are you talking about me not being pleased by RE? I loved RE6, I love Jill Valentine, I love Leon Kennedy. I'm still loving the story, & I still don't want it to end. I think you got confused, Girl we are definitely not in the same frequency.

Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:40 am

Okay, I don't wanna be the bad guy here. I'll accept it, maybe it's true. Resident Evil doesn't please anyone. Speaking of Handful fans. They have the right to complain. I, myself. I admit I hate 6 for many reasons. But Ghost, she doesn't have to say idiot unexperienced characters? Call me butthurted, and yes I am. But she's kinda rude when she said that. I don't understand which side she's on, and I don't care. I mean she's complicated, maybe I don't understand her, and I never will. I'm sorry but that's the way it is.

Paperface* wrote:
I think you got confused, Girl we are definitely not in the same frequency.
Ofcourse lady. Hell yes. That's definitely true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.   Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Shinji Mikami Doesn’t Like How Resident Evil 6 is Less of a Zombie Horror Game.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next