Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Games With Multiple Endings EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Games With Multiple Endings EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Games With Multiple Endings EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Games With Multiple Endings EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Games With Multiple Endings EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Games With Multiple Endings EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Games With Multiple Endings EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Games With Multiple Endings

Go down 
+9
PWNERX
sirjibbs323
ZombiePrincess
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Ssplain
Shrike
NiteKrawler
Industrial Ridden
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Games With Multiple Endings Empty
PostSubject: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Something is so irritating, like when a game has multiple endings you can get, everybody tends to argue which ending is the "real" ending. Games that do this should take the Silent Hill 3 route, where no matter what you do, you get the "real ending" you first time through, then after that other endings can be unlocked.

Like for Silent Hill 2, everybody thinks "Leave" is the real ending while I think the "In Water" ending is real.

There needs to be more games that give the real ending first, without no way of getting any other ending until your second time through. Anybody else agree? Disagree?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Well in the case of a game like RE1, you just have to use your imagination a little.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Agree and disagree. It all depends if the game will have sequels and if the game is story driven. If the game is story driven and it won't have sequels, then by all means there should be more endings. For example, I like that SH2 had multiple endings because it's a standalone story even though it belongs in the same setting as other SH games (though seeing as how it's the most story driven out of all the SH games maybe it wasn't such a great idea dunno). SH1 having multiple endings didn't work well for it because it had a direct sequel.

All in all, it depends. I am all for diversity and non-linear storytelling, but only if it is done well (which it rarely is, sadly). If the game is primarily about the story (and games are very rarely like this), then there should be one definite ending.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Well this is difficult. In REmake, certain people may or may not make it out depending on if you save them or not. I think the game would be lacking if on the first play through these people were auto rescued regardless of the players involvement.

So I will have to side with any outcome being possible on any play through, because I really enjoy the uncertainty of the outcomes from a gameplay standpoint. I always do try and go back for the canon outcome though.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Shrike wrote:
SH1 having multiple endings didn't work well for it because it had a direct sequel.
How is that a bad thing? Isn't the sequel's point to address the issue of "which ending was the real one". I personally like to have multiple endings, as long as the next game in the series makes it obvious which ending was the canon one.

However, I would prefer the "good ending" not requiring a ridiculous amount of things done in a designated order and in a specific way. Cross Edge had this problem and I had to use a walkthrough to know what I should and should not do because replying a whole RPG just to get a different ending is way too much work for me. Besides, getting the good ending on any playthrough is purely based on luck if you don't look up what to do when one single mishap could screw everything up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:58 pm

It's a bad thing in a way that, when I play 3, I am like "Wait, so what actually happened?" and tried recollecting all the endings of 1, which of course I couldn't because it had 4 or so, I think. It's not bad generally, of course.

Maybe the "good" endings needn't happen in a quality new games. It's just different endings depending on your choices, they should be all left in shades of gray. Just my wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:25 pm

I like multiple endings. It adds replay value. Forget about people arguing and just enjoy the game. Cool 
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Heavy Rain. The endings are all different, and you can choose how they end, but at the same time they're still all the same. Because no matter what, the killer is the same person (they hide the identity the whole game so that you don't know which of the four characters you play as is the killer). When I found this out, I kind of lost the will to keep replaying it, because it would end the same no matter what.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:29 pm

its depens on the game and they all ways go for good guy canon endings when they make sequels
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 pm

My RE7. With 'The Final Chapter' as a subtitle, then it is fairly obvious that despite any player action, this will be the true ending to the RE saga, until they develop the REmake series.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 am

PWNERX wrote:
My RE7. With 'The Final Chapter' as a subtitle, then it is fairly obvious  that despite any player action, this will be the true ending to the RE saga, until they develop the REmake series.
I'm almost positive nobody cares.
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:49 am

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
My RE7. With 'The Final Chapter' as a subtitle, then it is fairly obvious  that despite any player action, this will be the true ending to the RE saga, until they develop the REmake series.
I'm almost positive nobody cares.
That's because you're probably right.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 pm

I am a big fan of multiple endings, I always liked seeing the different ways a game's story can come to an end, rather it is a good ending, bad ending, or even those joke ending that can be found in most of the Silent Hill games. Not to mention it adds a lot of replay value like Ghost said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Oh I loved the multiple endings you get from RE Outbreak. I am not going to lie, I got the bad one my first time through. They really did add so much replay value to that game.
Back to top Go down
SuperMasterGamer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
SuperMasterGamer

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:08 pm

I really don't mind multiple endings in a video game. It does add tons of replay value but wouldn't that get old the more you play?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 pm

SuperMasterGamer wrote:
I really don't mind multiple endings in a video game. It does add tons of replay value but wouldn't that get old the more you play?

Not as old as a game that always ends the same tongue 
Back to top Go down
SuperMasterGamer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
SuperMasterGamer

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Ssplain wrote:
SuperMasterGamer wrote:

Not as old as a game that always ends the same tongue 

Well yeah but if you constantly played a video game that had multiple endings and your only goal was to get every single ending, wouldn't you start getting bored and decide not to play it as much?

You know what, I'll shut my mouth because I'm confusing myself.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:24 pm

If you play any game enough you will eventually get tired of it typically.
A game with multiple endings gives the player a reason to go back and play more to see each ending. IMO it also makes for a better game experience because you have to do more than just "survive"; you have to play smart. It adds a whole other element to the game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 am

Ssplain wrote:
Oh I loved the multiple endings you get from RE Outbreak. I am not going to lie, I got the bad one my first time through. They really did add so much replay value to that game.
I love how they dealt with the whole thing in those games. Multiple characters, all of which had their own endings in each chapter and even specific routes they could take, rooms they could check and secrets to find. You are compelled to play through the game multiple times, every time getting a slightly different story with different people which makes earning the points to unlock the extras not tedious at all.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
I love how they dealt with the whole thing in those games. Multiple characters, all of which had their own endings in each chapter and even specific routes they could take, rooms they could check and secrets to find. You are compelled to play through the game multiple times, every time getting a slightly different story with different people which makes earning  the points to unlock the extras not tedious at all.

Yes! They did a really good job. The store in that game was great. I loved how you could purchase the cut scenes from within the game. The game itself really did compel you to explore and it rewarded you nicely for doing so. The many differnt endings was my favorite part.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Patrick Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:59 pm

In the game Spec Ops: The Line there are multiple endings, but if you choose one particular ending, a "To be continued" screen showed up, indicating that was the canon ending. I thought that worked well, as it is nice to know what the game "supposes" happened if you play a sequel where imported saves are impossible.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:10 am

Patrick Wesker wrote:
In the game Spec Ops: The Line there are multiple endings, but if you choose one particular ending, a "To be continued" screen showed up, indicating that was the canon ending. I thought that worked well, as it is nice to know what the game "supposes" happened if you play a sequel where imported saves are impossible.
Thanks for not spoiling what it is. I kinda want to play that game.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Patrick Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Patrick Wesker wrote:
Thanks for not spoiling what it is. I kinda want to play that game.

It's a good game, I especially enjoyed the story. Kind of like Apocalypse Now/Heart of darkness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games With Multiple Endings   Games With Multiple Endings Empty

Back to top Go down

Games With Multiple Endings
Page 1 of 1