Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Nicholai in Gun Survivor

Go down 
+5
weskersbarber
White Rock
PWNERX
MSR
Mass Distraction
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Nicholai in Gun Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 am

I was trying to search for the original version of the files in Survivor that mention Nicholai as the sender. I was doing this because, as has been discussed multiple times on these forums, it has been made almost common knowledge that the name there is a translation error and I wanted to know who the original sender is. Well, after searching a few sources I found out that it was actually only the last of the reports whose sender was mistakenly translated as Nicholai. The original sender was Umbrella B.O.W. Development Team, which wasn't really all that interesting.

What was interesting, however, is that all of the previous messages had actually been sent by Nicholai himself! I even got the original Japanese text, translated it and came up with "Nikolai Zinoviev", which is the actual translation of his name from Japanese to Russian.

These files are named "Report After Raccoon City's Collapse" in all translations, including the original, which gives us undeniable proof that Nicholai did, indeed, survive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:19 am

I have had this discussion plenty of times too.

The localization/translation issues don't affect me. In my game it's written by Nicholai Ginovaef.

Of course I recall Mass on the other side of the table last time we discussed this, and now you have info that says it is indeed Nicholai? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:39 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
I have had this discussion plenty of times too.

The localization/translation issues don't affect me. In my game it's written by Nicholai Ginovaef.

Of course I recall Mass on the other side of the table last time we discussed this, and now you have info that says it is indeed Nicholai? Rolling Eyes
If I recall correctly, the last discussion on the matter we had was about Nicholai's surname (Ginovaef/Zinoviev) which doesn't really matter either way. I don't recall ever disagreeing with you on the integrity of Nicholai's name being on the notes as I personally don't remember if the translation error on the last file even existed in my European version.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0nHRWhwEo

Discover Nicholais evil side.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:44 pm

That video has absolutely nothing to do with Nicholai being in Survivor.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm

I hope Nicholai comes back. Stupid Capcom better start giving us what we want to see.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:25 pm

White Rock wrote:
I hope Nicholai comes back. Stupid Capcom better start giving us what we want to see.

Am I missing something? Is there a big demand among RE fans to see Nicholai return?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
White Rock wrote:

Am I missing something? Is there a big demand among RE fans to see Nicholai return?
He's probably the only loose end in Jill's story.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:40 am

I'm starting to think he's just a stock character, like Hunk. They are in non canon games set in 1998, so you can wonder what they would be doing in 2013. OK, Nicholai was in Outbreak, but that was years ago.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:48 am

I thought Nicholai was quite interesting and had the potential to rival Wesker. -shrugs- Gotta love these profiteers of others' suffering.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:11 am

White Rock wrote:
They are in non canon games set in 1998, so you can wonder what they would be doing in 2013. OK, Nicholai was in Outbreak, but that was years ago.
Survivor is canon on all accounts. Outbreak can't really be deemed either way. ORC is debatable but he was basically doing the same thing he did in RE3 so it doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 am

Limey wrote:
I thought Nicholai was quite interesting and had the potential to rival Wesker. -shrugs- Gotta love these profiteers of others' suffering.

Rival Wesker? Not a chance in all the hells. But yeah, he was interesting. Should have stayed dead though or should have escaped in RE3. I dislike that "you thought that this guy was dead but HA! he is alive!" approach greatly.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am

Well he did escape, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

As far as I remember he either gets raped by Nemesis or you shoot him down in his helicopter, depending on which route you took. So either way he's done.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Shrike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

As far as I remember he either gets raped by Nemesis or you shoot him down in his helicopter, depending on which route you took. So either way he's done.
You can also choose not to shoot him down. This version of the story is also supported by the Archives books so I guess that makes it the canon option. Reports written by Nicholai can also be found in Survivor (the whole reason for this thread) and they are all written after the events in Raccoon.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

You can also choose not to shoot him down. This version of the story is also supported by the Archives books so I guess that makes it the canon option. Reports written by Nicholai can also be found in Survivor (the whole reason for this thread) and they are all written after the events in Raccoon.

Huh. Forgot about that. It's legit then. And yeah, his reports are cool to read, I just thought it was bull how he survived, but yeah, I forgot about the option not to return fire to the chopper. I wonder in which RE will he pop up again. It would have been better if we saw him then the bull we got in 6. Lots of random new faces.
Back to top Go down
Revenant662
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Revenant662

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Don't mean to barge in, but I have a Strategy guide for Resident Evil: CVX for Gamecube and it has a random report/memo on the inner front page written by Nicholai Ginovaef, saying he escaped...Sort of an after action report and that reminded me of a video in Resident Evil Outbreak or File 2 where you see Nicholai Flying above the destroyed Raccoon City in a Jet, and you see some Umbrella people in some weird tower office..I'm not sure what Capcom considers to be the Canon.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:52 am

Revenant662 wrote:
Don't mean to barge in, but I have a Strategy guide for Resident Evil: CVX for Gamecube and it has a random report/memo on the inner front page written by Nicholai Ginovaef, saying he escaped...Sort of an after action report and that reminded me of a video in Resident Evil Outbreak or File 2 where you see Nicholai Flying above the destroyed Raccoon City in a Jet, and you see some Umbrella people in some weird tower office..I'm not sure what Capcom considers to be the Canon.
I actually just read about this yesterday. I can only assume that if it's an official guide on a main series title it's canon by default and if it's not contradicted by any later release.

Not sure about the jet part though, it depends on how long after the destruction of the city this happened. He would've needed to clear the place with the helicopter he stole, land it somewhere and get on a jet to fly back to Raccoon.
Back to top Go down
Revenant662
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Revenant662

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 pm

I can try to scan the report in if anyone would be interested in reading it? I have a bunch of the original Strategy Guides.. and as for the Jet part, it was far after the destruction of Raccoon City, Umbrella had set up an office at the top of a crane(something weird like that) overlooking the destroyed city and you hear somebody talking to the Jet pilot and he's flying over Raccoon City and it shows the pilot, and look who it is, Nicholai talking, I remember seeing that and thinking of the report.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Revenant662 wrote:
I can try to scan the report in if anyone would be interested in reading it? I have a bunch of the original Strategy Guides.. and as for the Jet part, it was far after the destruction of Raccoon City, Umbrella had set up an office at the top of a crane(something weird like that) overlooking the destroyed city and you hear somebody talking to the Jet pilot and he's flying over Raccoon City and it shows the pilot, and look who it is, Nicholai talking, I remember seeing that and thinking of the report.
Hmm... I guess it is fairly plausible to be canon, too, then. As for the scan, I'd love that! You could make a new thread for it.
Back to top Go down
Revenant662
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Revenant662

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Alright, sounds good.. I don't currently own a scanner..but I can use a friend's and upload it as soon as possible, I'll let you guys know. As for if it is Canon, I think it is because of the memo, as well as the random video( can't remember if it's outbreak file 1 or 2) but it adds fuel to the theory of Nicholai escaping, in a jet of all things. Where he found one... I don't know but then again he found a chopper in Nemesis and Jill shot it down.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:39 pm

He didn't necessarily have to find the jet in Raccoon. You have the option not to shoot his chopper down and it would make sense that he escaped in that but later came back in a jet, which was propably owned by Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Revenant662
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Revenant662

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Very true, he could have one waiting for him at a checkpoint, or acquired one some other way. He is, after all, Nicholai and does all kind's of things.. so it wouldn't be a surprise. I'll get working on the scan though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nicholai in Gun Survivor   Nicholai in Gun Survivor Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicholai in Gun Survivor
Page 1 of 1