HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.

Go down 
+15
PWNERX
Cyberization
Ghost Leader
MSR
White Rock
00biohazard
seldin
AWDCP
02viperacr
RebelliousQueen
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
Mcghie
Nobudy
Voltius
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Seeing some playthroughs of the HD version of code veronica brought back some memories.

Which reminded me of how much I just don't care for this game. I honestly don't like it.

But I know there's a lot of people that love CV. Can you please, and in detail, tell me WHY you like it. What parts? What do you find attractive about it?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:20 pm

My likes

An "upgrade" from the static backgrounds.

Updated Textures and animations (This applies to the PS2/GC and PS3/360) versions.

Claire gets some more insight on finding Chris.

They manage to include three of the "main" protagonists into the story (Leon doesn't appear, but w/o him, Claire would most likely never escape).

The soundtrack for most of the boss battles.

Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:35 pm

There is far to much detail to go into this late at night but the OST defiantly features some of my favourite Resident evil BGM's.
The atmosphere the game portrayed was crazy mostly, chilling but at times it was sinister and mysterious and then some parts truly disturbingly terrifying.

I will always remember the teaser trailer for it that I had from the PS2 magazine disk.
It showed the scene with the doctor munching on the dead soldiers face, that scene gave me nightmares for days and the infirmary part of the base will always give me the creeps going into it.

Code Veronica is just an overall great title and is a must played by all resident evil fans.
even if it doesn't tickle your fancy still just give it a play. You could be surprised, you might like it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 pm

<-----------------------------look at it. It's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Mcghie wrote:

I will always remember the teaser trailer for it that I had from the PS2 magazine disk.

Memories Sad
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Memories Sad

Pant shitting memories ..... but memories none the less Sad
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 am

What's not to like? Just give it a try first.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:42 am

I've already played it multiple times. I own both the PS2 version and the dreamcast version, and the japanese Dreamcast version.

I just don't like the game.
Back to top Go down
02viperacr
User BANNED
User BANNED
02viperacr

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 am

CV was one of the best RE games ... it was freaky and scary to play ... and a Big step forward graphic wise at the time ... might not look so great compared to graphics today though ...
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:16 am

Voltius wrote:
I've already played it multiple times. I own both the PS2 version and the dreamcast version, and the japanese Dreamcast version.

What don't you like about it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:00 am

AWDCP wrote:
What don't you like about it?

Pretty much everything.

- I miss the pre-rendered backgrounds. There's no PS2 RE games with pre-rendered backgrounds, and they were more detailed and looked better.

- There was nothing scary to me about it. The 3d environments were just too well lit, the camera no longer cinematic, the areas not detailed like before. The whole atmosphere was just gone for me.

- The base and antarctic labs were boring to me. A total yawn fest.

- The story bored me to tears. The cross dressing part was interesting but I really didn't care about Alfred, Alexia, Albert or anything they did. Or any of that cumbersome veronica family history.

- Because it didn't matter in the end. Wesker fought chris and then what? What was the resolution? What did anyone accomplish? Running around surviving only works for so long, eventually I want to see some doors close, some kind of grand scheme come into play. Wesker keeps planning things but we never find out what it is. He keeps stealing viruses and causing outbreaks and in the end for what? For some black-penis uroboros monster?! So he basically wasted his time RE1-4...
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

Voltius wrote:

Pretty much everything.

- I miss the pre-rendered backgrounds. There's no PS2 RE games with pre-rendered backgrounds, and they were more detailed and looked better.

- There was nothing scary to me about it. The 3d environments were just too well lit, the camera no longer cinematic, the areas not detailed like before. The whole atmosphere was just gone for me.

- The base and antarctic labs were boring to me. A total yawn fest.

- The story bored me to tears. The cross dressing part was interesting but I really didn't care about Alfred, Alexia, Albert or anything they did. Or any of that cumbersome veronica family history.

- Because it didn't matter in the end. Wesker fought chris and then what? What was the resolution? What did anyone accomplish? Running around surviving only works for so long, eventually I want to see some doors close, some kind of grand scheme come into play. Wesker keeps planning things but we never find out what it is. He keeps stealing viruses and causing outbreaks and in the end for what? For some black-penis uroboros monster?! So he basically wasted his time RE1-4...

Fair enough, I see you at least have list of things that didn't go down to well with you.
At least you tried it and never liked it.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Voltius wrote:

Well, I guess there's nothing wrong with that. I sense a dark force within you. I can see that you don't really like the CVX. I respect your opinion about the game. But for us, especially me. I liked CVX so much. I pretty much praise the game. It's completely great for me, and I don't see any reason for not liking the game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:51 am

Voltius wrote:
Because it didn't matter in the end.
If there was one thing that actually carried over to later games is Albert taking Steve's body for the virus. This plot point was later used in Darkside Chronicles.

Well, I guess there also was that Chris vs Wesker thing going on but it was rather short lived.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:50 am

If you don't like this, you have no soul......

Back to top Go down
seldin
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Well if you dont like it thats not my problem but its creppy and good game soo i like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:48 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:

No thank you I'm not into tentacle rape. And that was such a stupid and unlikely scene. This broke so many Resident Evil Rules.

I did have a soul though (had) When I first saw this I think I cried a little. Or at least wanted to. But looking back that was just a dumb scene.

1) In the RE universe the infected do not resist the virus like that.
2) The infected do not help you while they're in their infected form.
3) And they certainly do NOT revert back to human form.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Voltius wrote:

Shinji Mikami was in the development at the time, so if he SAYS so, then it must be possible........Mikami fanboy mode FUCK YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:52 pm

[quote="PAULSAMSON"]
Voltius wrote:

Shinji Mikami was in the development at the time, so if he SAYS so, then it must be possible........Mikami fanboy mode FUCK YEAH!

I disagree. If George Lucas wants Jar Jar Binks in the new star wars it's still a stupid idea.

Being the father of something doesn't mean you know what's best for your child. Lots of fathers ruin their children.

Shinji Mikami also destroyed Dino Crisis with DC3.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:05 pm

I guess this is belong on the Resident Evil Complaint Threads. What do you think Mass?

Voltius wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

No thank you I'm not into tentacle rape. And that was such a stupid and unlikely scene. This broke so many Resident Evil Rules.

I did have a soul though (had) When I first saw this I think I cried a little. Or at least wanted to. But looking back that was just a dumb scene.

1.) I guess Steve can control the virus. I guess he was strong enough. Whatever it is that is giving him strength, I don't know at all

2.) He was not fully mutated at that time. Maybe he was still in his conciousness. If you watched the Degeneration Curtis in his monster form. He still known his sister Angela. In RE6, Piers infected by the C-virus but he still helped Chris. It's no big deal. What happened to Steve it also happened a couple of times.

3.) I still don't know the explanation why he became human. I guess, as I've said he can control the virus himself.

Last edited by Miss Claire Redfield on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Because it didn't matter in the end.
If there was one thing that actually carried over to later games is Albert taking Steve's body for the virus. This plot point was later used in Darkside Chronicles.

Well, I guess there also was that Chris vs Wesker thing going on but it was rather short lived.
Come to think of it, without that fight. Chris may not have been inspired enough to work himself to look how he did in 5.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:21 pm

[quote="Voltius"]
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Voltius wrote:

I disagree. If George Lucas wants Jar Jar Binks in the new star wars it's still a stupid idea.

Being the father of something doesn't mean you know what's best for your child. Lots of fathers ruin their children.

Sounds like you're just crapping all over the game. You've already stated that you dislike it, plus your reasons, with some pretty harsh adjectives. You don't like a game, it ruined the series, bla, bla, bla, this crap is just so common in resident evil fans nowadays that they just sound like whiney bitches. WE GET IT. YOU DISLIKE CODE VERONICA.

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

[quote="Voltius"]
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Voltius wrote:

My point was that whatever Mikami wants to make possible it will be possible in the Resi world, it doesn't matter if it is good or bad
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Voltius wrote:

In fact these points are entirely accurate to Resident Evil universe.

1) The whole game is based around trying to find perfect specimens that will host the T or G virus (and all other viruses).
Numerous files that you obtain throughout the games suggest this to the be the case and also look at Wesker for example, he resisted the T-virus and bounded with
uroboros to give him super human like powers.
So this point is invalid.

2)One person to look to in this particular point is William Birken.
He helped his daughter and Annette while he was in his infected form.
Later on though the G-virus takes hold of him and turns him into a mere bio-weapon but that is because the G-virus was unstable and was still at testing stages when Birken infected himself.

3) The Veronica virus itself had a stable viral structure and did have the ability to enhance a host that was able to bond with it.
In Code Veronica Alexia proved this to be the case, she was human, cloned and viral enhanced, but human none the less.
She reverted form after she manged to prevent Claire and Steve's escape.

In other words Shinji had not broke any of his rules and kept to what he had built upon.
Even if he had it wouldn't have matter anyway because what Shinji say's goes, if he where to make a decision it would be for the best as he know what's going to work and what wont work.
I mean just look at Resident Evil 1.5 he had a very big decision that could have jeopardised the Resident Evil series and yet he had a plan and now he have the ever so amazing Resident Evil 2 as it is.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:44 am

Quote :

In fact these points are entirely accurate to Resident Evil universe.

1) The whole game is based around trying to find perfect specimens that will host the T or G virus (and all other viruses).
Numerous files that you obtain throughout the games suggest this to the be the case and also look at Wesker for example, he resisted the T-virus and bounded with
uroboros to give him super human like powers.
So this point is invalid.

This was after the "superhero" crap introduced in RE:Code Veronica, Up until that point viruses did not give superpowers like flames and matrix bullet dodging.

Quote :

2)One person to look to in this particular point is William Birken.
He helped his daughter and Annette while he was in his infected form.
Later on though the G-virus takes hold of him and turns him into a mere bio-weapon but that is because the G-virus was unstable and was still at testing stages when Birken infected himself.

How did he help them? He infected sherry with an embrio and you spend the end of the game making a vaccine for it so it doesn't burst out of her torso and kill her.

Quote :

3) The Veronica virus itself had a stable viral structure and did have the ability to enhance a host that was able to bond with it.
In Code Veronica Alexia proved this to be the case, she was human, cloned and viral enhanced, but human none the less.
She reverted form after she manged to prevent Claire and Steve's escape.

They gave her and wesker some lame ass superpowers. Wesker was given his in the Wesker Report when they made it look like "Oh I meant to get killed by the tyrant, yes... yes... I totally did that on purpose... It was uh.... part of my plan all along!" Which is such obvious bullshit. I mean I like his return but Weskers Report was such a revisionist piece.

Quote :

In other words Shinji had not broke any of his rules and kept to what he had built upon.
Even if he had it wouldn't have matter anyway because what Shinji say's goes, if he where to make a decision it would be for the best as he know what's going to work and what wont work.
I mean just look at Resident Evil 1.5 he had a very big decision that could have jeopardised the Resident Evil series and yet he had a plan and now he have the ever so amazing Resident Evil 2 as it is.

I see your point about building ontop of his earlier work. But you have to admit, Resident Evil 1-3+survivor had a sort grounded reality that is completely missing in the next sequels Code Veronica, 4,5, & 6. ALL I know is that it all started going downhill in Code Veronica. Superpowers, jet fighters, Wesker's super human strength, flaming blood, and a lack of plausable grounded plots. Which gave way to more superpowers, matrix bullet dodging, superhuman boulder punching nonsense in RE5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.   Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it. Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you guys like Code Veronica? Please tell me why, I don't like it.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next