HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Concerning Church and State

Go down 
+10
ChickenHeart
ChrisRedfieldRE156
SWITCHMYND
Vandal
Paperface*
MSR
00biohazard
Spike991
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Concerning Church and State - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Not necessarily. Alligators and crocodiles have been virtually unchanged by evolution since they first emerged millions of years ago. The coelacanth is another animal that was thought extinct only to be found alive and well and nearly unchanged as well since hundreds of mllions of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
It is hard. I love discussing topics like this but no one around here really likes to.
Can I be honest? I like just about everyone on the forums; I may not express it, but I can see myself hanging around you guys with a round of beers. I do like debate and I do like discussing these issues, but it seems like every time we do talk about intellectual issues I feel like when I read posts I don't agree with, I sometimes may or may not completely understand what the subtext in the post says. I might not get exactly what you're saying, so when I post in reply everything is all wrong I wasted both my time and yours and damn near everyone thinks I'm an idiot.

I'll be happy to talk about these issues live, but for now, I just want to remove myself from such touchy subjects from now on in order to keep what little peace I can get.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 am

By "around here" I meant in my town. Not the forum.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:50 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
See?! Already, had no idea what you were talking about. I read th posts prior to that but I still felt like around here meant the forums.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:09 am

I was unclear. Apologies lol.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Mercy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
See?! Already, had no idea what you were talking about. I read th posts prior to that but I still felt like around here meant the forums.

Now his grammar is starting to go. Mercy is losing it!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Hey punk, I wrote that at four in the morning. I wasn't all there, admittedly, I shouldn't have been up that late.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Mercy wrote:
Hey punk, I wrote that at four in the morning. I wasn't all there, admittedly, I shouldn't have been up that late.

Up that early. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:47 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Up that early. Wink

Fell asleep that late.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I live in a town that is very conservative. Very religious. My whole state is. Every single person I talk to is against gay marriage. They are against the mere right of an individual being allowed to marry whom they choose. When the Sandy Hook shooting happened, the next day at work two of my coworkers said that the shooter deserved to go to Hell. I asked them to think about it. Hell is eternal in their minds. Eternal torture. How could anyone wish eternal torture onto another individual, no matter their crime I asked them. They wouldn't budge and made me out to be crazy for thinking that eternal damnation was something too dreadful to wish upon anyone. Everyone I talk to here makes a mockery of the theory of evolution. "I didn't come from monkeys." they say. When I try to explain to them what evolution actually is, they ignore me and continue to believe this religiously indoctrinated notion that some monkey once gave birth to a human baby. No one here gives the big bang any thought. One of my friends is a churchgoer and has told me that he does not believe women should be allowed to preach. And he is a liberal. But his faith has blinded him to the rights of women to choose their own career, their own life. And the worst part of it is that they refuse to learn. I tell them to look into the facts, into the science of evolution, the big bang, to research what their faith believes and what atheists are actually about and they refuse. They blindly follow what they are taught in church and this faith has real negative consequences.

So I'd take any pushy hardliner atheist over even a mild person of faith any day.

thats almost exactly how it is here its crazy and so close minded, im not ageinst praying but some dude in my school had a cow when i didnt pray during the moment of silence after the pledge. then the whole class got in asking if i believed in god and stuff. CRAZY!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm

halestride wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I live in a town that is very conservative. Very religious. My whole state is. Every single person I talk to is against gay marriage. They are against the mere right of an individual being allowed to marry whom they choose. When the Sandy Hook shooting happened, the next day at work two of my coworkers said that the shooter deserved to go to Hell. I asked them to think about it. Hell is eternal in their minds. Eternal torture. How could anyone wish eternal torture onto another individual, no matter their crime I asked them. They wouldn't budge and made me out to be crazy for thinking that eternal damnation was something too dreadful to wish upon anyone. Everyone I talk to here makes a mockery of the theory of evolution. "I didn't come from monkeys." they say. When I try to explain to them what evolution actually is, they ignore me and continue to believe this religiously indoctrinated notion that some monkey once gave birth to a human baby. No one here gives the big bang any thought. One of my friends is a churchgoer and has told me that he does not believe women should be allowed to preach. And he is a liberal. But his faith has blinded him to the rights of women to choose their own career, their own life. And the worst part of it is that they refuse to learn. I tell them to look into the facts, into the science of evolution, the big bang, to research what their faith believes and what atheists are actually about and they refuse. They blindly follow what they are taught in church and this faith has real negative consequences.

So I'd take any pushy hardliner atheist over even a mild person of faith any day.

thats almost exactly how it is here its crazy and so close minded, im not ageinst praying but some dude in my school had a cow when i didnt pray during the moment of silence after the pledge. then the whole class got in asking if i believed in god and stuff. CRAZY!

Church is boring as hell. silent
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
halestride wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Not boring, its senseless, my mom will kill me if she reads this, but i believe in sun and pray for Joe Pesci . . .

Oh yea and doubt that hell is boring, cs there are much more interesting people to meet and talk to in there, like Freud, Nietzsche, Morrison etc, i think heaven is boring . . .
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Not boring, its senseless, my mom will kill me if she reads this, but i believe in sun and pray for Joe Pesci . . .

I'm telling!

ChrisRedfieldRE156MUM wrote:
What'd you say boy!?!? Grounded!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 pm

I think Biblical myth is interesting! Just as Greek mythology is interesting. I'm just appalled that so many people think it is real...I mean come on...
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I think Biblical myth is interesting! Just as Greek mythology is interesting. I'm just appalled that so many people think it is real...I mean come on...

Amen my brethren.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm

My one problem with all these so called athiests is the fact that they'll belittle and make fun of those who believe in some form of religion but at the same time will believe in some form of "spirit world" or believe in things such as ghosts. Call me cynical or a downer or whatever but I personally believe we're just meat and in the end we'll all be maggot food no matter what you do in life.

I also want to point out that The Constitution never actually says "seperation of church and state". Thomas Jefferson was quoted saying it in the 1800s in a letter. It's actually a take on another quote that was said in like the 1600s in England (I think). However, the Supreme Court has used it numerous times. I don't think religion should be in school at any level (whether it's creationism or for historical value). We need to concentrate more on the many subjects we're falling behind on like math and science. If a person is interested in learning about a particular religion there are plenty of resources to use these day.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Call me cynical or a downer or whatever but I personally believe we're just meat and in the end we'll all be maggot food no matter what you do in life.

ChickenHeart, you're such a cynical-downer.

At least our bodies will be maggon-food.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
My one problem with all these so called athiests is the fact that they'll belittle and make fun of those who believe in some form of religion but at the same time will believe in some form of "spirit world" or believe in things such as ghosts. Call me cynical or a downer or whatever but I personally believe we're just meat and in the end we'll all be maggot food no matter what you do in life.

I also want to point out that The Constitution never actually says "seperation of church and state". Thomas Jefferson was quoted saying it in the 1800s in a letter. It's actually a take on another quote that was said in like the 1600s in England (I think). However, the Supreme Court has used it numerous times. I don't think religion should be in school at any level (whether it's creationism or for historical value). We need to concentrate more on the many subjects we're falling behind on like math and science. If a person is interested in learning about a particular religion there are plenty of resources to use these day.

What are you talking about? The only thing atheists have in common is the lack of belief in God/gods. The belief in a spirit world or ghosts (a belief I do not hold) has nothing to do with atheism. And while the phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the constitution, it is still a part of it. http://archive.adl.org/issue_religious_freedom/separation_cs_primer.asp
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:

What are you talking about? The only thing atheists have in common is the lack of belief in God/gods. The belief in a spirit world or ghosts (a belief I do not hold) has nothing to do with atheism. And while the phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the constitution, it is still a part of it. http://archive.adl.org/issue_religious_freedom/separation_cs_primer.asp

Believing in a spirit world or afterlife is no different than believing in a religion to me. Both of them are just ways to make you think there's something beyond your death to make you feel better about dying. How is saying "when I die I'll be a ghost" any smarter than saying "when I die I'll be an Angel" or "I'll be in reincarnated"?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 pm

It's not that different and I've never met an atheist that believes any of that. I'm sure some/many do, but that is completely separate from their atheism and I agree that it is strange to believe that. But to ever lump atheists into a group in any context other than the lack of belief in gods just shows that you don't understand what atheism is.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:45 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
halestride wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

it really is, i fall asleep almost everytime i go.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 pm

halestride wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
halestride wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

The last time I went, many years ago, there was a guy that, no shit, looked like Ghandi. And he went up to the stage for some reason, and he like passed out, and the people up there caught him and slowly layed him down. I was joking with the people I was there with that they killed Ghandi! It was especially funny because it was a particularly innapropriate time to be laughing.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days...

What were you in your former life?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:55 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
halestride wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
halestride wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

The last time I went, many years ago, there was a guy that, no shit, looked like Ghandi. And he went up to the stage for some reason, and he like passed out, and the people up there caught him and slowly layed him down. I was joking with the people I was there with that they killed Ghandi! It was especially funny because it was a particularly innapropriate time to be laughing.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days...

What were you in your former life?
hahaha sorry but i find that extremely funny, and how can you tell what you where in your past life?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Reincarnation is almost as asinine as it gets.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 am

Hope you guess my name.

Concerning Church and State - Page 2 Untitled1_zps1d9849ae
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Church and State   Concerning Church and State - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerning Church and State
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next