HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

General YouTube rant thread.

Go down 
+14
AWDCP
Nobudy
37 Narwhals
ThomVD
will1234562
PWNERX
Industrial Ridden
Mcghie
MSR
Ghost Leader
Spike991
NiteKrawler
Trichos
Mass Distraction
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:00 am

AWDCP wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I'll just keep this as a basic YT rant thread.

Has anyone heard of this new content ID bs? [link]

It's bad. Even Mark from Classic Game Room is calling it quits from YT and just sticking to his own site.
Yes indeed. And that's exactly why I decided to not post walkthrough videos on YT for the time being. I'm not even looking to make money from them anyway.

Google is so busy trying to improve their actually messing up things.
Are they REALLY trying to improve, though? I think this is just some big conspiracy on their part to make all people who don't post TV quality content to buzz off from the site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

It's bad. Even Mark from Classic Game Room is calling it quits from YT and just sticking to his own site.
Yes indeed. And that's exactly why I decided to not post walkthrough videos on YT for the time being. I'm not even looking to make money from them anyway.

Are they REALLY trying to improve, though? I think this is just some big conspiracy on their part to make all people who don't post TV quality content to buzz off from the site.
Well, you technically could come upnwith TV Quality material and YouTube will tell you to buzz off. Angry Joe puts work in his videos and he says this will affect his livelyhood. I don't particularly like him, but he has both quality and viewership.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:57 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Well, you technically could come upnwith TV Quality material and YouTube will tell you to buzz off. Angry Joe puts work in his videos and he says this will affect his livelyhood. I don't particularly like him, but he has both quality and viewership.
Google might have their own, narrow views on "quality content" though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 4:10 am

They fucked it up again. THEY FUCKED IT UP AGAAAAAAIN!!!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:00 am

Really? What did they do now? I can't tell any difference.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:27 am

Vandal wrote:

Try looking at the "videos" section in someone's channel.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:11 am

I have noticed a lot of changes this morning. From just looking at my subscriptions or channel to editing playlist or features on my channel.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:18 am

Vandal wrote:

This is what I see when I go on the homepage now:
It's not the worst change they've ever done but maneuvering takes a bit more work now for no good reason. Also, why do they think their recommendations are more important than my subscriptions? The "What to Watch" page is default and has nothing but videos, the "My Subscriptions" page has to share the page with more recommendations on the side :/
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:00 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Vandal wrote:

This is what I see when I go on the homepage now:
It's not the worst change they've ever done but maneuvering takes a bit more work now for no good reason. Also, why do they think their recommendations are more important than my subscriptions? The "What to Watch" page is default and has nothing but videos, the "My Subscriptions" page has to share the page with more recommendations on the side :/

This is why I have a hotlink to the subscriptions page on my browser. I haven't been on the main page ever since they changed the layout of it and that's like over a year ago.

I just don't understand why they are obsessed in hiding the stuff people most likely want to see behind so many useless pages.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:13 am

Getting rid of the adds on a youtube video is a great way to chase off anyone who makes consistent quality content i'll tell you that right now. That being said, i too am sick of the bullshit changes forced upon us. It's even worse if you are a content creator like me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
This is why I have a hotlink to the subscriptions page on my browser. I haven't been on the main page ever since they changed the layout of it and that's like over a year ago.

I just don't understand why they are obsessed in hiding the stuff people most likely want to see behind so many useless pages.
Good idea. I didn't mind the last one because I could at least see who's done stuff right away (even though I often had to click on their name to see what they did), but now I can't.

I don't get it either, every update they've done just makes things take more work or removes features.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 am

I lost it yesterday when my IPhone YouTube app had lost my playlists link. I couldn't access my playlists from my app, the mobile site, nor the full site. They apologized for screwing it all up but really? How can such a gigantic corporation fuck up SO badly? What a joke.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:55 am

Aegis wrote:
How can such a gigantic corporation fuck up SO badly? What a joke.

That's what I've been asking for years now.

Somewhat related, my PS3 YT application keeps messing up my subscriptions and is sometimes even missing the ones I usually watch. It used to get fixed by restarting it but ever since the previous changes that hasn't worked either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General YouTube rant thread.   General YouTube rant thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General YouTube rant thread.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2