HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3

Go down 
+33
SILENT EVIL
SWITCHMYND
Mcghie
AWDCP
TheSurroundGamer
PAULSAMSON
37 Narwhals
spawn
Known_Hero
MSR
Progenitor
PWNERX
chrisredfielmusculo
Míchéal Redfield
Industrial Ridden
Trichos
Nobudy
chrisredfield84
White Rock
Lady Yuna
Spike991
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Paperface*
Teh Black Cat
weskersbarber
will1234562
RaviorStygian
chocotricks
pacdredogg
Bub537
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:53 am

There's a lot to complain about Resident Evil 6. I don't think this is the worst in the franchise, but it's really not above Resident Evil 4 as an experience. I played it on professional to get the hardest experience possible, it just ended up being annoying. Even Resident Evil 5 was harder than that. But not the point: there are plenary of problems with Resident Evil 6, it is a step up from the last game, but there's got to be so much more for the game to be on my top 10 list of greatest games of this generation.

I respect GL's view on it, because even Revelations is confused at points in the game, it doesn't know if it wants to be a horror or an action. It should have honestly stuck with one or the other instead of go through some hybrid that makes action sequences hard to swallow; possibly the worst identity crisis in video game history.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 am

Mercy wrote:
There's a lot to complain about Resident Evil 6. I don't think this is the worst in the franchise, but it's really not above Resident Evil 4 as an experience. I played it on professional to get the hardest experience possible, it just ended up being annoying.
I couldn't agree more. RE4 actually had more of a personal feel to it, especially because of the combustibility of inventory. But another thing that's so great about it is that the game was so well made that Professional doesn't come off as being annoying (unless you're in that one room) but was challenging for all of the right reasons. I haven't played RE6 on pro yet, but I imagine it's not very fun and is probably just infuriating.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
There's a lot to complain about Resident Evil 6. I don't think this is the worst in the franchise, but it's really not above Resident Evil 4 as an experience. I played it on professional to get the hardest experience possible, it just ended up being annoying.
I couldn't agree more. RE4 actually had more of a personal feel to it, especially because of the combustibility of inventory. But another thing that's so great about it is that the game was so well made that Professional doesn't come off as being annoying (unless you're in that one room) but was challenging for all of the right reasons. I haven't played RE6 on pro yet, but I imagine it's not very fun and is probably just infuriating.
I feel the same way about Resident Evil 4, it made you use your wits and made you really feel like a survivor. It was challenging but not impossible.

Resident Evil 6 on pro is horrible. I find myself giving up an dying to get my health back rather than using health tablets or first aid sprays. Yeah, it got to that point, where a health meant more than time and my grade.
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

Playstation Network Yunfang1130

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:15 am

Hope it does well. Revelations was a great game compared to RE6 and it deserves to go multi-plat. If it receives a positive reception, then maybe Capcom should take note when it comes time to developing RE7.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:31 pm

RER is a relatively small game though, compared to the console games. It would be kind of like putting Phantom Hourglass on consoles, it's just not big enough.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
RER is a relatively small game though, compared to the console games. It would be kind of like putting Phantom Hourglass on consoles, it's just not big enough.

Will just probably be released on PSN and marketplace. Hopefully not as I want a pyhsical copy of the game.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Spike991 wrote:
What do you want to see from an RE game then nowadays GL?
Play Code Veronica X and you'll get your answer.

Quote :
It's seems there is no pleasing you.
Sure, there is. Capcom just hasn't been able to do it yet since CVX because apparently they feel the CoD and Halo crowds' wallets are a much more sound investment than the people who made this franchise a household name.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 am

Well, who else honestly saw this coming? This is like when Konami ported Silent Hill: Origins to the PS2. I never got a PSP then, because I suspected they would port it eventually, because hand held formats just don't have as big an audience. Now Capcom have basically just gone ahead and done the same thing. The sad part is, I actually purchased the game on the 3DS before I heard about the game getting ported, so now I am out of pocket. I hate you, Crap-com.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
What do you want to see from an RE game then nowadays GL?
Play Code Veronica X and you'll get your answer.

Done.

Quote :
It's seems there is no pleasing you.
Ghost Leader wrote:
Sure, there is. Capcom just hasn't been able to do it yet since CVX because apparently they feel the CoD and Halo crowds' wallets are a much more sound investment than the people who made this franchise a household name.

Flapjack and a cigarette?

Didn't RE4 come out before CoD was a huge deal?

I don't know that Halo and CoD crowds were motivation in RE4's development. I mean, RE4 is a pretty awesome RE game. It has action for sure, but it also has horror and survivial for certain.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 am

White Rock wrote:
I hate you, Crap-com.
They didn't make you buy the game
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:38 am

Woah,woah,woah.....

Quote :
http://www.grb.or.kr/Statistics/Popu...d258610ac557e8
The link is in Korean. It says xbox360, there is also seperate one for PS3 as well.

Korean Game Rating committee's latest document shows that there is a PS3/Xbox360 version of Resident Evil Revelations coming out.

This could be just a mistake for 3DS version, but they already had rating for the 3DS version before.

Also, They have been known for leaking some stuff earlier than other official reports (games like DMC HD, Dragonball Z kinect, Crysis 1 console version, etc.) so there is a good chance this could be true.

edit: its also for Xbox 360, so could mod change the title?

Quote :
IGN reached out to Capcom for comment but was told the company currently couldn't comment on the rumour.

Although, the discussion at NEOGAF seem that this would turn out legit, we still have yet to hear from capcom themselves.

But rumours surrounding capcom,lately, seem to turn out true(like ninja theory involved in DMC).

So though i find a 10% chance that this might not turn out true, I depend on 90 % chance that this would be true.

Yeah, I would love for revelations to port to consoles.One more resident evil game that i can play. cheers .

As for compainers who don't find this interesting, put a sock in it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Didn't RE4 come out before CoD was a huge deal?
No, I don't think so. I don't have any exact dates on hand, but CoD3 was when the franchise really started leaving its roots in authenticity behind and moving toward action shooter.

Quote :
I don't know that Halo and CoD crowds were motivation in RE4's development.
If they weren't in development, they certainly were in the continuation of the style. Tell me, how is RE5's slayers mode (or whatever it's called) not an infantile version of CoD's free-for-all death match?

Quote :
I mean, RE4 is a pretty awesome RE game. It has action for sure, but it also has horror and survivial for certain.
I'm glad you enjoy it and hope it scares you so much that you piss yourself, but I didn't find it to be as much as you make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
No, I don't think so. I don't have any exact dates on hand, but CoD3 was when the franchise really started leaving its roots in authenticity behind and moving toward action shooter.
RE4 came out in 04.

Quote :
If they weren't in development, they certainly were in the continuation of the style. Tell me, how is RE5's slayers mode (or whatever it's called) not an infantile version of CoD's free-for-all death match?
I'm only talking about RE4. I sypathize with what RE has become more so after RE4, maybe even because of RE4, but RE4 is not guilty of being an action shooter.

Quote :
I'm glad you enjoy it and hope it scares you so much that you piss yourself, but I didn't find it to be as much as you make it out to be.
I mean, even the opening sets a great horror atmosphere. Like when that guy gets outta the car to take a leak. There's something in the surrounding woods watching. Even the cutscenes themselves look and feel very RE. Like the way the character models move and all that. Reminds me of the cutscenes from CVX, REmake and RE0. Not the high-def CG cutscenes, just the regular ones.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RE4 came out in 04.
I know that. After all, I have a signature with that date on it. Razz

Quote :
I'm only talking about RE4. I sypathize with what RE has become more so after RE4, maybe even because of RE4, but RE4 is not guilty of being an action shooter.
I have no inclination to argue this with you anymore, Spike. I consider you my friend and I respect and am glad that you enjoy the game, but you seem to be unable to believe or accept that I feel differently about it than you do.

Quote :
I mean, even the opening sets a great horror atmosphere. Like when that guy gets outta the car to take a leak. There's something in the surrounding woods watching. Even the cutscenes themselves look and feel very RE. Like the way the character models move and all that. Reminds me of the cutscenes from CVX, REmake and RE0. Not the high-def CG cutscenes, just the regular ones.
I don't doubt it tried, but Capcom has gotten all the brownie points they're going to get for trying. It's not the Special Olympics where you get a medal for coming in 8th, as a certain ex-Marine on my site once said. Fact is, RE4 was the turning point that made the franchise into an action shooter.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Mercy wrote:
I would just wait, Black Cat. It's just been leaked, but I really am looking forward to the online Raid mode. That was such a good feature, I don't know why it's Revelations Exclusive mode.

Yeah... it's looking that way. Although it sucks I'm going to have to wait even LONGER to play it, I believe in the long run it'll be worth waiting for.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I would just wait, Black Cat. It's just been leaked, but I really am looking forward to the online Raid mode. That was such a good feature, I don't know why it's Revelations Exclusive mode.

Yeah... it's looking that way. Although it sucks I'm going to have to wait even LONGER to play it, I believe in the long run it'll be worth waiting for.

Well as Chris84 informed us, so far it's a rumor, but it's very possible it'll happen. And it may end up being a downloadable if and when it's released.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Like I've said, RE had to evolve, otherwise it would have died eventually.

Look at this:

Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 Rockman_xover_01

Pretty nice looking epic showdown where all of the Mega Men finally come together and fight a greater evil for the 25th anniversary, right? Nothing says epic like static, simple gameplay with crappy sprites on a $5 iOS game where you may or may not have the ability to move left or right on your own (probably not, based on the buttons).

At least RE's big get together will be high budget and well done.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Like I've said, RE had to evolve, otherwise it would have died eventually.
Evolving and selling out are two entirely separate concepts.

Quote :
At least RE's big get together will be high budget and well done.
High budget =/= well done. I've played plenty of big budget games that turned out to be turds. Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
High budget =/= well done. I've played plenty of big budget games that turned out to be turds. Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?
I said and well done. And. Meaning it wont be done well because of the budget, but will be good regardless of the obvious big budget it will have. Not to people who don't like that sort of thing, of course, but to those that are fans of the new games.

I mean, I really liked how RE6 unfolded. Big budget and well done, but that's just my opinion. I think RE is perfectly fine with melodramatic B movie goodness, since that's how it's been from the start. Not to mention it's fun. It's kind of goofy, but at the same time I can, in fact, take it seriously and get involved in it.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:57 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Color me unexcited. Neutral
Didn't you say something about the Leon's part of the RE6 demo being somewhat promising? Can't find the exact quote but that's what I think it was. Revelations is pretty much this.

Ghost Leader wrote:
I honestly didn't even expect a masterpiece from that. I definitely enjoyed the game. The thing I didn't like was that you were only limited to have two weapons at a time.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Didn't you say something about the Leon's part of the RE6 demo being somewhat promising? Can't find the exact quote but that's what I think it was. Revelations is pretty much this.
I did say that, but then I heard from someone who already played it (an old school fan like me) that it wasn't as good as the demo made it out to be and that the plot didn't really tie up any of the series' loose ends.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:02 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I did say that, but then I heard from someone who already played it (an old school fan like me) that it wasn't as good as the demo made it out to be and that the plot didn't really tie up any of the series' loose ends.
I don't think eny of the older games tied any loose ends either so that shouldn't be a big complaint.

For me it was the best horror RE I've played since, what, RE3? Not sure who you count as an "old school fan" though so I don't know how much weight my opinion has on this matter.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't think eny of the older games tied any loose ends either so that shouldn't be a big complaint.

For me it was the best horror RE I've played since, what, RE3? Not sure who you count as an "old school fan" though so I don't know how much weight my opinion has on this matter.

I agree, it was really well done.

Although, Leon's File did get a tad...IDK, not as fun, as it progressed. The earlier part was worth it though.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:27 pm

And to think. I was about to buy a Nintendo 3DS.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 am

True. Capcom don't force you to buy games so I didn't get forced to buy their titles, but it is still annoying to buy the same game twice, especially when you kind of feel from the start that one day they'll re-issue their games. It's either because they do a type of Director's Cut, a more polished port over, or some other carrot the donkey would accept. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3   Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations, coming to 360 and PS3
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next