HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)

Go down 
+5
Nobudy
ThomVD
Mass Distraction
Biohazardtaylor
mistcrawler
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mistcrawler
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:20 am

I seem to have no problem walking or cutting down zombies, but when I make it to the first cutscene (involving a helicopter) I can't seem to run in the direction they want me to - or at least, SOMETHING is going on. When I try to run, it looks like my character is having a seizure and tries to run straight back towards the camera (which i want) but also to the left at the same time. I first thought this was the controller, so I swapped them twice only to have the exact same problem. Someone on Yahoo suggested it could be dust, so as unlikely as that is, I tried cleaning my machine out the best I could and checking my new disc for any problems.

Any suggestions? This 'glitch' is causing me to give up on the game before it's even fully started (and every time i want to try again, I have to go through the unskippable cutscenes and first few minutes of tutorials since there's no save point yet...)
Back to top Go down
Biohazardtaylor
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Biohazardtaylor

Steam : Dillondead

Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 am

Aye, the first opening sequence in the tutorial really got me as well. Took me around 8 tries but I finally got it. I just held down on the analogue stick and mashed the button repeatedly and I finally got it. I wouldn't say it's a technical issue just keep trying and you will get it.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/KiwiTaylor95
mistcrawler
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 am

lol well first off, on closer look it was the crashed PLANE (the absolute first action cut scene involving dashing). And believe me, I tried every derivative mashing the A button and direction on analog stick I could but no dice. However, the other forum I posted in actually gave me the answer - and a very simple one at that Sad The problem was that I was TAPPING A, not holding it (they did have the A button going up and down to show you what to do before it gives you control) but once they give you control I noticed the A button on the screen wasn't being tapped anymore. I'm an idiot Smile I made it through the cut scene on my first try once I tried that Smile

P.S. Interesting game so far, but it still feels like the Resident Evil series died with Res Evil 4. Of course, I'm only 15 minutes into the game, but based on the reviews and my playthrough, I think this is going to be the the most generic action video game ever made lol. That being said, if I can ignore that, the actual zombie shooting gameplay is quite fun and fluid, and the graphics are amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:55 am

mistcrawler wrote:
Interesting game so far, but it still feels like the Resident Evil series died with Res Evil 4. Of course, I'm only 15 minutes into the game, but based on the reviews and my playthrough, I think this is going to be the the most generic action video game ever made lol. That being said, if I can ignore that, the actual zombie shooting gameplay is quite fun and fluid, and the graphics are amazing Smile
I'm actually getting the Resident Evil feel pretty well from the Leon campaign. All the puzzles, getting low on ammo and zombies, it really reminds me of RE2, only with more action it being in 3rd person.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
mistcrawler
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 pm

That's interesting you say that Mass - I was just complaining about the lack of inventory being a plus in this type of game, and RE ignoring it in the last few games. However, I'm up to Chris's second chapter, and the only thing I've worried about is lack of herbs, and I"m really not that worried about that either with my partner nearby to rez me. Actually, my grade goes up when i go into a dying state cause i get an achievement for it Smile

I just wish RE could inspire some kind of fear in me the way the first two RE's did (possibly 3, but i never finished it). And since inventing new monsters is going to do little more than keep the series from getting stale, I think it would take going back to a smaller inventory, less drops, and most importantly (in my mind) - NOT KNOWING THAT WALKING IN A NEW DIRECTION MORE THAN 10 SECONDS (and I"m being generous in most cases) WILL GET YOU ATTACKED!!! lol I love killing zombies, but it's hard to stop and fear something when your so busy killing stuff every second that it becomes drilled into you rather than fearing it. (Walk 10 steps, search for zombies, put them down, pick up drops, repeat) I'd rather walk 10 steps, wonder why I wasn't attacked, walk another, wonder more, and THEN get attacked. Or even better, randomly spawning zombies would be another thing they COULD have done to keep people on their toes if they need mass zombies, but this would still fit into the 'killing like clockwork' state of mind for me.

What do you think? Or am I just rambling too much Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 am

I don't think any game would be as scary to us anymore as they were when we were younger. Sure, I almost pissed my pants when I watched my friend play RE3 back in elementary school but now? I finished it on hard, no problem. Wasn't scary, only tense. I'm getting that same tense feeling from this game. I guess that if we were still kids, in that same state of mind we were ten years ago, this game would scare us shitless.

You do have legit points and I like it how you make them clear. Not everybody goes through the trouble. Oh, and since you're a new member, welcome to the forums. Hope you stick around.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:33 am

REmake is still scary.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
mistcrawler wrote:
Interesting game so far, but it still feels like the Resident Evil series died with Res Evil 4. Of course, I'm only 15 minutes into the game, but based on the reviews and my playthrough, I think this is going to be the the most generic action video game ever made lol. That being said, if I can ignore that, the actual zombie shooting gameplay is quite fun and fluid, and the graphics are amazing Smile
I'm actually getting the Resident Evil feel pretty well from the Leon campaign. All the puzzles, getting low on ammo and zombies, it really reminds me of RE2, only with more action it being in 3rd person.
Good points. I guess that's why people are saying that RE isn't scary anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:13 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
mistcrawler wrote:
The reason people are saying RE isn't scary anymore is because the things that scared us as kids don't scare us anymore.
Back to top Go down
mistcrawler
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Sorry about the delay in the conversation - I was gettin sucked into the game Smile I'm STILL in Chris's 'chapter' (I almost feel like Chris's chapter alone is longer than the campaign sections of the last two RE's haha). So thank you for the warm welcome and responses, but I do disagree on one more point - RE HAS THE POTENTIAL to be scary. REALLY!!! (and not just cause I make sure the lights are off, I play it at night, and i have the subwoofer and speakers blaring either). After reading over your comments, and because I love psychology, I've decided on a foolproof way RE can get back on track into making me fear the weird sounds in the dark... (and I'm starting to think I should have made a new thread about my 'complaints' lol)

1) Make me care about the character I'm playing as, unless you want to change the style completely to a first person shooter (I don't know how I'd feel about this since RE managed to even mess this up on the Wii, but for these purposes I'll list it). It's hard to feel scared when you don't really care if that poor bloke with the gun on your screen turns into zombie chow. (btw, this most recent game is starting to think RE may be starting to put more investment in story... but they still are far from making me care how many times Chris gets eaten)

2) Make me think that the penalty for rushing in guns blazing and dying 3 or 4 times out of 5 is EASIER (and gives you greater bonuses like time bonuses) than moving slower and strategically in order to not get eaten. If there's no fear of dying in a game, there's not many things left to scare me, now is there? I'm not talking about no continues, or extremely harsh penalties, but maybe something like 'death penalties' like some MMORPG's, where because the zombie got you and your partner had to drag you to safety to heal you, you lost time on the countdown, or your vest has been shredded so you're now severely weakened (double damage to you until the next herb or actual vest that they can make drop), or your partner has also sustained damage due to dragging you out, so when you start over at the last checkpoint, you BOTH will incur penalties (this would be the better solution for solid Co-op sessions, solving the whole work together idea that RE thinks they solved by solely implementing the 'wait to press the B button with your partner' technique).

3) Make me fear the things stalking me in that dark corner. Now personally, while disgusting lethal enemies help this persona, I don't think its the only factor, let alone a necessary one. To me, I think being UNIQUE and CHALLENGING will inspire fear in a game more than looks. I can't imagine many RE gamers fearing the amputated mutated moving hand from an enemy that hurls towards you on its own. Sure, it grossed me out for a second before i discovered i can toss it in the corner like a used tissue and forget about it less than a second later. I haven't even thought twice about it until now.
What made the lich in the first games stand out wasn't just because it was gross - we had never seen it before, and what we don't know, we fear (it's in our nature). That's why when we (I'll generalize and assume other people feel the same way I do) wander a dimly lighted board and hear sounds in the dark, we RUSH to find the source of the sound. And that's also why once we have an enemy in our sights, we relax and it really doesn't scare us as much, if at all. And when we figure out it's attack pattern, it goes from an epic challenge where you don't know what to expect, to 'corpse #256352'. While it would be nice to have all unique enemies, the easy solution would be to randomize attack patterns, and more importantly, enemy locations. And it goes without saying, that the majority of enemies shouldn't make sounds before you see them, so even if you're not afraid, you'll constantly be anxious, scanning each doorway, and on your toes.

4) Make me think that each item I pick up is a gift from god Smile The scariest game ever made would be as scary as Disney Land to a gamer if they could turn on infinite ammo. Likewise, a game that inspires little fear like the most recent RE would be MUCH scarier if you literally didn't know if using 5 bullets on a zombie would make you unable to defend yourself from the next attack. The same principle would carry over to herbs, any kind of armor or defense, overpowered weapons (the crossbow from the last RE and the grenade launcher come to mind), and melee fighting. And yes, in case I get some argument over this last point, I enjoyed the more balanced melee fighting of this RE quite a bit. But you won't worry about each bullet and herb if you can waltz through the level like Chuck Norris Smile

I could go on, but if RE ever implemented those steps, I think I'd be scared out of my mind, or at least it would be infinitely more challenging and nerve racking EVERY play through.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
willsp282012
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
willsp282012

Playstation Network willsp282012

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 pm

re6 has awesome character control, except for the places where they force the camera to move, the first action scene, so it takes a few trys to figure out which way is forward.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVV2vnwsbYu2ZqUv5C9IzqQ
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 pm

I had this same problem and I believe I did once from it. I remember I was just really confused when that started because I was playing with a friend. We thought it was locked into single player. That entire intro was just very confusing.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
mistcrawler wrote:
Interesting game so far, but it still feels like the Resident Evil series died with Res Evil 4.  Of course, I'm only 15 minutes into the game, but based on the reviews and my playthrough, I think this is going to be the the most generic action video game ever made lol.  That being said, if I can ignore that, the actual zombie shooting gameplay is quite fun and fluid, and the graphics are amazing Smile 
The reason people are saying RE isn't scary anymore is because the things that scared us as kids don't scare us anymore.
Exactly. It's a childhood fear I could say.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
mistcrawler wrote:
Interesting game so far, but it still feels like the Resident Evil series died with Res Evil 4.  Of course, I'm only 15 minutes into the game, but based on the reviews and my playthrough, I think this is going to be the the most generic action video game ever made lol.  That being said, if I can ignore that, the actual zombie shooting gameplay is quite fun and fluid, and the graphics are amazing Smile 
I don't know, the thought of being eaten alive still scares the shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
mistcrawler wrote:
There's that. But also the fear of having a parasite forced into you mouth is about as creepy too *shudders*.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:33 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
mistcrawler wrote:
There's that. But also the fear of having a parasite forced into you mouth is about as creepy too *shudders*.
I'm sure most women have that fear, too. [/trollface]
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:54 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
mistcrawler wrote:
I'm sure most women have that fear, too. [/trollface]
Ha ha! Most girls at my school wouldn't. They've been used to it as early as 13 (Not surprising). It's getting harder and harder to find a woman these days.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 am

Yeah, most women now are wannabe Seductresses.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)   Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 Problems with First 'Action Cutscene' (Possible early spoilers)
Page 1 of 1