HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)

Go down 
+26
MSR
DonREfan
pacdredogg
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Spike991
NiteKrawler
PunkMaister
chrisredfielmusculo
ResEvilChick
doctorstrangesf
Mcghie
animaniac1
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
Nerwen
Methsia
DXP
Ghost Leader
CrimsonElder
Vandal
ChickenHeart
PAULSAMSON
00biohazard
weskersbarber
Outbreakgirl
ChrisSherry
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 pm

This movie was pretty predictable with deaths. The moment I saw Barry taking that big hit from the Licker, I knew his death clock was ticking. Luther's was even more predictable, he was shot in the back and injured to some extent. And even then, I remembered how LJ, Matt, and Carlos were treated. It seems that every character that gets injured will get killed somehow. Yes even Alice herself in Apocalypse when that metal hit her chest.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:57 pm

How long does Barry last in the movie?
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 pm

00biohazard wrote:

I would say from when he appears till 20 minutes till the end.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

Damn, it's lame that he died, I would've liked to see movie Chris (Wentworth Miller) movie Jill (Sienna Guillory) and movie Barry (Kevin Durand) all in one scene. How did he interact with Leon? RE Gaiden anyone?
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 am

00biohazard wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

Damn, it's lame that he died, I would've liked to see movie Chris (Wentworth Miller) movie Jill (Sienna Guillory) and movie Barry (Kevin Durand) all in one scene. How did he interact with Leon? RE Gaiden anyone?

I wanted Chris in the movie period. lol
I never played RE Gaiden myself, but I thought of it while watching the movie.
As for there interacting, they were on the same team and seemed to be buddies.
Back to top Go down
Nerwen
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 am

I really like the movie, but then I don´t know the games, so for me it´s not that relevant why there are two axe swining guys for example or why the zombies are suddenly "intelligent", they are just there and I´m OK witht that. I´m more intersted in Alice and how her life will continue, so I´m very excited for the last movie, I hope it will be made.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 am

Heroic Wesker ¬_¬ Anderson has once again bastardized this entire series with this movie, I thought at first oh these aren't so bad but when the third one reared its ugly head....damn I had to read the book adaption so that the movie made sense.

Yeah it only occurred to me that Barry and Leon in this is similar to Gaiden, i'm still pissed that Barry was the one to bite the bullet first though but what can we do the movie is over and unless we have a time machine it won't change anytime soon.

In terms of Reboot they should being back Sienna, Kevin and Wentworth to be in a remake of the original game seriously who would want to see a movie based on the actual first game including all the birth behind biohazard material as well despite it being non-canon that would add more to the back story.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:28 am

Barry:It's not fair! I'm a popular character and I have to die before that one guy that dies later?Why couldn't I just survived with the others, or at the very least lasted longer than the other guy?*Cocks shotgun* Anderson is going to pay for this...

Carlos:So wait, that's it? That's all I get to do? How Lame! I thought I had significance seeing that I was an important character in the other movies. I didn't come back just to become a working father and husband and a mindless security grunt that only served as a red shirt with no purpose. *Sobs* I feel so used.

Luther: Hold on a minute! Thats a lame way to be offed. Why couldn't I have cool death like Barry?

Wesker:W-WHAT?! I'm a good guy? That doesn't make any sense! I seek world domination! Besides, I would become much higher than a mere president or King. I would become a GOD!
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:00 am

Outbreakgirl wrote:
Barry:It's not fair! I'm a popular character and I have to die before that one guy that dies later?Why couldn't I just survived with the others, or at the very least lasted longer than the other guy?*Cocks shotgun* Anderson is going to pay for this...

Carlos:So wait, that's it? That's all I get to do? How Lame! I thought I had significance seeing that I was an important character in the other movies. I didn't come back just to become a working father and husband and a mindless security grunt that only served as a red shirt with no purpose. *Sobs* I feel so used.

Luther: Hold on a minute! Thats a lame way to be offed. Why couldn't I have cool death like Barry?

Wesker:W-WHAT?! I'm a good guy? That doesn't make any sense! I seek world domination! Besides, I would become much higher than a mere president or King. I would become a GOD!

I smell a delicious parody too be made by all this xD
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 am

DXP wrote:
Outbreakgirl wrote:

I smell a delicious parody too be made by all this xD
A friend of mine thought the entire movie was a parody, he said that he couldn't take anything seriously. But a parody of a movie that's trying to be serious? I'd watch that.
Back to top Go down
animaniac1
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
animaniac1

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:25 am

I really liked it. It was closest to the video games out of all the other movies. First people bitched that the movies were nothing like the games, and now when they are, they still bitch.

PROS

The costumes were almost identical to the video games. Jill, Ada, Leon and Wesker.

The actress that played Ada nailed it. Looked just like her, sounded just like her and same mannerisms.

At least the disappearance of Claire and Chris were mentioned. In Extinction and Afterlife, Jill was never even mentioned.

Finally Jill is back!

Leon!

Jill and Alice's battle was bad ass. I just wish there had been more of a struggle to get that control device off of Jill's chest. That shit was next to impossible to get off in Resident Evil 5.

That shot of the five of them standing on top of the White House gave me such a boner!

CONS

"My name is Alice etc etc etc"

Wesker is now good!? It better be just a front.

The Red Queen, been there done that.

Licker on steroids and Executioners, been there done that. Where are the hunters!? Where are the Tyrants!?

Michelle Rodriguez.

Barry. I'm sorry, I have never understood why some fans have wanted him to come back to the series. He barely had a large role in the first game and just seemed so forgettable to me. The actor that played him looked nothing like him either.

The little girl. She was cute, but unnecessary.

Ya the acting is mediocre and straight up bad at times, but honestly I expect it. I think the visuals make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:50 am

That sound's like a shambolic film yet again.
I think I will skip this one I don't think I could even sit through what you just described there.
I don't have the highest of attention spans but that to me sounds like a story-less piece of rubbish.
When is Paul just going to give up with the films, there becoming beyond an embarrassment now.
I'm glad Damnation is out now, least I can watch a real resident evil film this year.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:18 am

Mcghie wrote:
When is Paul just going to give up with the films, there becoming beyond an embarrassment now.
They're successful. When has Hollywood ever been known to just drop a successful franchise?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:32 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
They're successful. When has Hollywood ever been known to just drop a successful franchise?

There's been lot of reboots
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:52 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Never. They never do. Once that cash cow starts getting milked they don't stop it's a putrid rotten carcase.
Only good film directors know when it's time to quite, even if they are still making a shit load of money.
Greedy bitches like Paul get blinded by the income and know they are not good enough to make constant sequels so they half ass it and ...... well look at afterlife and retribution, that's the outcome your left with.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:20 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Okay. How is that relevant to what I said?

Mcghie wrote:
Never. They never do. Once that cash cow starts getting milked they don't stop it's a putrid rotten carcase.
Only good film directors know when it's time to quite, even if they are still making a shit load of money.
Greedy bitches like Paul get blinded by the income and know they are not good enough to make constant sequels so they half ass it and ...... well look at afterlife and retribution, that's the outcome your left with.
Sequels are almost never as good as their predecessors. This is a general rule when it comes to films and if you're just now realizing that, you've been living under a rock all your life. And no, knowing "when to quit" doesn't make a good director, making successful films does. Afterlife wasn't as good as I thought it would be but I have seen worse (Bloodrayne 2: Deliverance, anyone?), and I haven't seen Retribution yet, so can't judge it yet. My usual MO is that I come back for the sequel if I enjoyed the preceding entry. Despite it not being what I hoped, I enjoyed Afterlife, so I'll probably see Retribution in the near future. If I enjoy it, I'll come back for the sixth movie. If not, I won't. It's a simple system that hasn't failed me and I'm not gonna throw it out for anyone.

As far as Anderson being greedy, I can neither agree nor disagree since I've never personally met him.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:46 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Okay. How is that relevant to what I said?

I think it is relevant to what Mcghie said, he said that Anderson should stop, not the movies
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:41 pm

animaniac1 wrote:
I really liked it. It was closest to the video games out of all the other movies. First people bitched that the movies were nothing like the games, and now when they are, they still bitch.

PROS

The costumes were almost identical to the video games. Jill, Ada, Leon and Wesker.

The actress that played Ada nailed it. Looked just like her, sounded just like her and same mannerisms.

At least the disappearance of Claire and Chris were mentioned. In Extinction and Afterlife, Jill was never even mentioned.

Finally Jill is back!

Leon!

Jill and Alice's battle was bad ass. I just wish there had been more of a struggle to get that control device off of Jill's chest. That shit was next to impossible to get off in Resident Evil 5.

That shot of the five of them standing on top of the White House gave me such a boner!

CONS

"My name is Alice etc etc etc"

Wesker is now good!? It better be just a front.

The Red Queen, been there done that.

Licker on steroids and Executioners, been there done that. Where are the hunters!? Where are the Tyrants!?

Michelle Rodriguez.

Barry. I'm sorry, I have never understood why some fans have wanted him to come back to the series. He barely had a large role in the first game and just seemed so forgettable to me. The actor that played him looked nothing like him either.

The little girl. She was cute, but unnecessary.

Ya the acting is mediocre and straight up bad at times, but honestly I expect it. I think the visuals make up for it.
Barry did however played a big role in 3. Apparently the canon ending had Barry Rescue Jill and Carlos in Raccoon. So without Barry, the Jill Sandwich stock market would crash.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

Mcghie wrote:
Sequels are almost never as good as their predecessors. This is a general rule when it comes to films and if you're just now realizing that, you've been living under a rock all your life. And no, knowing "when to quit" doesn't make a good director, making successful films does. Afterlife wasn't as good as I thought it would be but I have seen worse (Bloodrayne 2: Deliverance, anyone?), and I haven't seen Retribution yet, so can't judge it yet. My usual MO is that I come back for the sequel if I enjoyed the preceding entry. Despite it not being what I hoped, I enjoyed Afterlife, so I'll probably see Retribution in the near future. If I enjoy it, I'll come back for the sixth movie. If not, I won't. It's a simple system that hasn't failed me and I'm not gonna throw it out for anyone.

As far as Anderson being greedy, I can neither agree nor disagree since I've never personally met him.

I know sequels are never good, although a good director will make it decent or not copy what he did last time around.
I was using it loosely as in that isn't the main point but a good director wont keep producing crap over and over.
Movies will always sell no matter how bad they are but if the general fanbase is having a lot of complaints about it a good director will heed the criticism and take it into account.
Anderson of coarse does not seem to care what anyone thinks, as long as he see's income he will keep on forcing is jaded mind to come up with more crap to feed everyone.
I mean the first Resident Evil was great, the way the Resident Evil world is he was right to add a little more sci-fi/action into the movie.
He didn't continue this streak though and it got very bad, very quick.
You don't need to personally meet someone to know if they are greedy or not, greed is based on action and not personality.
You could meet someone and them being generally a really cool person but then they go and stab you in the back for cash or you don't know someone in a fast food outlet but you see them eating like 2 big mac meals to themselves and this shows there greed without you even knowing the person (I know that is a bad analogy but you get the general idea)
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:40 am

Mcghie wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Mcghie wrote:

I know sequels are never good, although a good director will make it decent or not copy what he did last time around.
I was using it loosely as in that isn't the main point but a good director wont keep producing crap over and over.
Movies will always sell no matter how bad they are but if the general fanbase is having a lot of complaints about it a good director will heed the criticism and take it into account.
Anderson of coarse does not seem to care what anyone thinks, as long as he see's income he will keep on forcing is jaded mind to come up with more crap to feed everyone.
I mean the first Resident Evil was great, the way the Resident Evil world is he was right to add a little more sci-fi/action into the movie.
He didn't continue this streak though and it got very bad, very quick.

You don't need to personally meet someone to know if they are greedy or not, greed is based on action and not personality.
You could meet someone and them being generally a really cool person but then they go and stab you in the back for cash or you don't know someone in a fast food outlet but you see them eating like 2 big mac meals to themselves and this shows there greed without you even knowing the person (I know that is a bad analogy but you get the general idea)

To be fair I thought Apocalypse was decent too. It was from Extinction onwards were it turned awful for me.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:05 pm

weskersbarber wrote:

To be fair I thought Apocalypse was decent too. It was from Extinction onwards were it turned awful for me.

I liked Apocalypse, wouldn't say I loved it but I did enjoy the first time I watched it.
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Saw it a few days ago, enjoyed it.

Ada's casting annoyed me a little since beyond the "Wong" name I've never taken her to be as Asian, always just assumed she was full on Caucasian or half and half since that's how she's been portrayed. But the actress absolutely nailed the performance and was one of the best things about the film.

Barry and Leon was unnecessary. It's been a major flaw of the series that they take characters from the games and then portray them in a totally different way to how they look and act (Jill is the exception to the look and behaviour, Sienna absolutely nailed her in Apocalypse) in the games and majorly undermine the characters in comparison to Superwoman and it's no different in this. Those two could have been anyone else in the world and it would make no difference to the film whatsoever. Thought they looked good though.

The interaction between Alice and Becky was really cute though, but it's just the Ripley/Newt relationship that I've seen in countless videogames and movies, nothing fresh at all.

The whole cloning thing really annoyed me though. They bring back all these characters from Alice's past and she doesn't care in the slightest. There's like one shot of her looking shocked and after that it's never brought up again. They could have told an interesting story but instead they're just cannon fodder. I did enjoy the opening clones though, very strange to see the characters portrayed so differently (i.e. Alice not being all powerful badass).

The action sequences were very, very good. Loved that they recreated the Leon/Ada fight.

Great to see Jill again and Sienna nailed it yet again.

The Wesker thing is just the ultimate facepalm though and just shows that Anderson really does not care in the slightest about continuity.

I liked the nods to the Perry books though. I.E. the training facility is pretty much The Planet from Underworld.

The last shot was insanely cool though and I have to admit, I want to see the battle and resolution of this series.

Hopefully the sequel be the last in the Aliceverse and Sony will have the balls to reboot into straight adaptations. Or at least make a new continuity that doesn't completely rape the games for everything they're worth.
Back to top Go down
ResEvilChick
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
ResEvilChick

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 am

Loved it. I love how they cast Jill and Ada. Leon, however, annoyed me. Especially at the end , in the helicopter. I don't think that Leon would do that to Ada, he doesn't chase after woman, they chase after him. And I think Ada is tougher than that. She's supposed to be a smooth criminal, but other than that, looks were good. I also don't think that they looked hard enough to find a good Leon.
Back to top Go down
animaniac1
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
animaniac1

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:31 am

Omg, the reason why the actress sounded so much like Ada, is because the voice actress of Ada from R.E. 2 and 4 dubbed her voice! Lol.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 am

didnt watch it and i am not going to

those films are not very good,i only realized this once
i start knowing more and more about the series

they did a horrible job copying the series
i still enjoyed some of them because of the action aspect
but the last one was like a copy of matrix with a few zombies and clones in it
________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-RjxSPuNts&feature=related
lol wot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)   I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I saw RE: Retribution (SPOILERS big time)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next