HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How long does it take to end the movie series?

Go down 
+11
SWITCHMYND
Mcghie
Monster Mash
Valentine Fan
00biohazard
Alice Clone 6
Outbreakgirl
DivideByZero
Sherry Birkin
Mass Distraction
Vandal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Clone 6
Cerberus
Cerberus
Alice Clone 6

How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 am

The problem with Alice in the movies, is more what does her character does with outher women. If she protects them, the female character looks week. If she fights other women, then you have the problem that Buffy and Faith had in Buffy the Vampirer Slayer. Does she fight them to the death, as let I cannot recall she ever killed a woman that was not the undead. If she fights another woman, does she win the fight and keeps her alive for friendship or so fans would say to have a girlfriend. I think Alice has more a problem with other women then she does with men.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:27 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
Why the hate for the Romero script? I thought it was decent. Much better than the first Resident Evil.

Then you really have bad taste as I said Romero is the reason Capcom went to ScreenGems and Anderson no tie-ins to the game franchise instead.

Alice Clone 6 wrote:
The problem with Alice in the movies, is more what does her character does with outher women. If she protects them, the female character looks week. If she fights other women, then you have the problem that Buffy and Faith had in Buffy the Vampirer Slayer. Does she fight them to the death, as let I cannot recall she ever killed a woman that was not the undead. If she fights another woman, does she win the fight and keeps her alive for friendship or so fans would say to have a girlfriend. I think Alice has more a problem with other women then she does with men.

No the problem with Alice for most is that she is an in your face this franchise has no tie-ins to the games nor ever will to the game fans not to mention they have have made her the main and central character overshadowing all other characters in the franchise as well.

Last edited by PunkMaister on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am

PunkMaister wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:
Why the hate for the Romero script? I thought it was decent. Much better than the first Resident Evil.

Then you really have bad taste as I said Romero is the reason Capcom went to ScreenGems and Anderson no tie-ins to the game franchise instead.

You realize that its his own opinion, right?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:38 am

Alice Clone 6 wrote:
Like Mass said: "Drop that bitch." Well not like that exactly, but you know.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 am

PunkMaister wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:

I wouldn't say he has bad taste to be honest, Romero is the master of zombie horror flicks.
The reason for his script being declined is due to him supposedly having no connections with the game but then look what anderson had,
the only connection's he had with the game was names of characters, umbrella, enemies (poorly executed at that) and the name Resident Evil.
The first film had high hopes as it was more in favour of that Resident Evil style, the second was enjoyable'ish but had drastically declined the only decent part of that film is when they
recreated the zombie invasion of Raccoon City scene from Resident Evil 3 with the police and UBCS trying to keep the city contained.
The third film had blown it even by the early news of it, didn't take a genious to realise the out come of the film before it was ever shown.
I think, in fact I KNOW if Romero was to have studied Resident Evil a little more then his portrayal of Resident Evil would have surpassed Anderson movies
by a long shot.

I hate the live action movies but everyone is entitled to there opinions.
I also dont hate on anyone for enjoying them.
So to say someone has bad taste is repressing there opinion a little, come on man Smile
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:

You realize that its his own opinion, right?

I know I'm just sick and tired of hearing how good Romero's script was I've read and is a pile of shit and what irks me even more is that many still want him to direct an RE REBOOT!

Why? The man is only good at making Zombie films don't people understand that Resident Evil is about far, far, far more than Zombies CARAJO! Evil or Very Mad

I Rather see Guillermo del Toro or someone of his caliber direct an RE reboot. To hell with Romero and to hell with Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
I know I'm just sick and tired of hearing how good Romero's script was I've read and is a pile of shit and what irks me even more is that many still want him to direct an RE REBOOT!
Romero has worked with Capcom in the past so it would only make sense.

If he had directed the movies to begin with they might not have been blown to this much fame but at least, and I can count on it, they would have been more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:
Romero has worked with Capcom in the past so it would only make sense.

If he had directed the movies to begin with they might not have been blown to this much fame but at least, and I can count on it, they would have been more enjoyable.

They most defiantly would be much more enjoyable Smile
Plus people are forgetting it was Romero worked along side Capcom in Resident Evil 2 and gave his expertise on that zombie outbreak scenario.
He also directed the t.v spot for resident evil 2 as well.

Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Mcghie wrote:

^
Still looks better than Extinction & Afterlife
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Mcghie wrote:

They most defiantly would be much more enjoyable Smile
Plus people are forgetting it was Romero worked along side Capcom in Resident Evil 2 and gave his expertise on that zombie outbreak scenario.
He also directed the t.v spot for resident evil 2 as well.

So freaking what? off course they worked with him when they made RE2 he is the father of the modern zombie genre but other than than zombie movies he is a terrible choice for an RE movie unless you want RE to be just about zombies when we all well know it is not.

Seriously people why not consider an actually good director like Gillermo del Toro who can really make movies that can make you shit on your pants of fright. This obsession over Romero is senseless.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
So freaking what? off course they worked with him when they made RE2 he is the father of the modern zombie genre but other than than zombie movies he is a terrible choice for an RE movie unless you want RE to be just about zombies when we all well know it is not.

Seriously people why not consider an actually good director like Gillermo del Toro who can really make movies that can make you shit on your pants of fright. This obsession over Romero is senseless.
So people like him and his movies? What's that to you, really?

I have honestly liked all his Dead series films, even past the fact that they're about zombies. They actually have a good story too. That there, is my opinion.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
So people like him and his movies? What's that to you, really?

I have honestly liked all his Dead series films, even past the fact that they're about zombies. They actually have a good story too. That there, is my opinion.

So? I like his movies too but again all he is good for is Zombie films ALONE, how does that make him the one and only choice for most for a Resident Evil live action film franchise reboot when Resident Evil is not just about zombies is and will forever remain an unexplained sniglet of the universe.

Name one thing that makes him superior to Gullermo Del Toro, Wes Craven and so many masters of horror and if you answer zombies you failed again unless you want Resident Evil to be exclusively about zombies when the games are not.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Because I like him more than those other guys? I seriously don't care who directs the possible reboot as long as it isn't Anderson.

Besides, didn't I say "even past the fact that they're about zombies"? His movies have a good story that I like so that makes me see him as a good director/writer.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Please keep your frustration levels at a minimum.
These are all our opinions, why are you getting so defensive ?
There not your opinions, we get that so there is no need to repress our thoughts.
You also contradicted yourself, you keep claiming we have an obession towards Romera, but all I have seen is you have an obsession for Gullermo Del Toro.
Gullermo Del Toro in my opinion is a decent director. Pans labyrinth was one of the most artistically portrayed horror fantasy of this generation.
I rated it very highly. Also since you seem to love Gullermo Del Toro work you should know that he turned down the chance to direct both resident evil : apocalypse and Resident Evil : extinction.
That being said he is not the master of horror.
His work includes only two horrors, The devils backbone & Pans labyrinth.
His style is more suited for fantasy, not true horror.
Wes craven was a master of horror but he was more slasher and had a more cliché style of story telling that seemed to get repetitive, he would not be suited for Resident Evil.
So out of the people you have mentioned not one of there directing style's even come close to being suited for Resident Evil.
Romero's way of portraying generic zombie flicks with added in depth and chilling story lines was perfect, he captured much more elements of horror and fear in his movies through the storyline rather than the zombies. His style is second to none and I think you need to respect that.
You keep saying Resident evil is not based around zombies ...... what did the t-virus do to people again ?
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Because I like him more than those other guys? I seriously don't care who directs the possible reboot as long as it isn't Anderson.

Besides, didn't I say "even past the fact that they're about zombies"? His movies have a good story that I like so that makes me see him as a good director/writer.

It wouldn't be a Reboot if it's Anderson anymore than if Raimi had continued to make his Spidey films so that point is moot.

And the fact is and remains that the ONLY thing Romero excels at is Zombie films and NOTHiNG else the proof being his RE script.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:48 pm

I mentioned it because there has been talk of the bastard actually rebooting his own series. I even linked the article on this very thread.

While Romero excels at those the STORY is still there and it's GOOD. So what's the point in complaining about other people's opinions?
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I mentioned it because there has been talk of the bastard actually rebooting his own series. I even linked the article on this very thread.

While Romero excels those the STORY is still there and it's GOOD. So what's the point in complaining about other people's opinions?

+1.

Everyone has their own opinions
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Mcghie wrote:
You also contradicted yourself, you keep claiming we have an obession towards Romera, but all I have seen is you have an obsession for Gullermo Del Toro.
Gullermo Del Toro in my opinion is a decent director. Pans labyrinth was one of the most artistically portrayed horror fantasy of this generation.
I rated it very highly. Also since you seem to love Gullermo Del Toro work you should know that he turned down the chance to direct both resident evil : apocalypse and Resident Evil : extinction.
That being said he is not the master of horror.
His work includes only two horrors, The devils backbone & Pans labyrinth.
His style is more suited for fantasy, not true horror.

Actually that's as far from the truth as the poles are from each other his horror movie credits go as far back as 1991 and include Mimic, The devil's backbone,The orphanage,Splice and Don't be afraid of the dark.

So yes he is officially considered a master of horror whether you like it or not.

Mcghie wrote:
Wes craven was a master of horror but he was more slasher and had a more cliché style of story telling that seemed to get repetitive, he would not be suited for Resident Evil.
So out of the people you have mentioned not one of there directing style's even come close to being suited for Resident Evil.

Wrong again specially on Del Toro.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_del_Toro

Mcghie wrote:
Romero's way of portraying generic zombie flicks with added in depth and chilling story lines was perfect, he captured much more elements of horror and fear in his movies through the storyline rather than the zombies. His style is second to none and I think you need to respect that.
With all due respect his movies are all about the zombies. I like and enjoy his movies but until he makes an actually good film that doesn't have zombies as the centerpiece you won't convince me he can do anything but well Zombie films. And Dario Argento's zombie is far scarier than any of the Romero films put together specially the eye popping scene. Smile

Mcghie wrote:
You keep saying Resident evil is not based around zombies ...... what did the t-virus do to people again ?
That's because it is not it's also about canibalistic crows and cerberus, lickers and Tyrants
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:32 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
That's because it is not it's also about canibalistic crows and cerberus, lickers and Tyrants
It's not about those either if we get technical. Besides, crows and cerberi are zombies too (just animal ones) and lickers are further mutations of regular zombies.

Romero could be making movies about killer bees for all I care but his movies still have a good storyline, whether you like it or not. If you can't agree, then that's your opinion.

He has also made other movies, like Crazies. That's a good one too.
Back to top Go down
PunkMaister
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Romero could be making movies about killer bees for all I care but his movies still have a good storyline, whether you like it or not. If you can't agree, then that's your opinion.

After that sad excuse for an RE script he wrote I wouldn't want him anywhere near the RE live action fil franchise anymore than Anderson.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

After that sad excuse for an RE script he wrote I wouldn't want him anywhere near the RE live action fil franchise anymore than Anderson.

No offense to the others, but I agree with this guy. Just because Romero's RE was better than the shitstains we get from Anderson, doesn't mean it would have done RE any more justice.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Speaking of the script I just found it online so i'll do what I should've done along time ago....read it
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:56 pm

He cant be the master of horror due to they films being underground.
In fact the only one that was released here was Pan's labyrinth and it was english subbed.
So actually it's not far from the truth.
Why are you giving me his wiki link ?
He was not suited for Resident Evil, HE HIMSELF even rejected the the offer to direct the second and third.
His style would be more suited for the likes of Amnesia if that was ever made into film.
In fact he would actually do a fantastic job in that department.
The end of the day it's our opinion, we like Romaro, we are not obsessed with him we just think if he was to do Resident Evil he would have made a better film than Anderson.
We never said it would be an amazing film but it would have been BETTER.
Script's change when it comes to directing anyway, directors are also editing there work due to it not feeling right or isn't being portrayed right.
So looking at words on a piece of paper doesn't instantly show you what the final outcome would be.
If you want to get technical then Resident evil isn't based around zombies, its based around umbrella and there work.
The story is about the producing a virus that would regenerate living cells (in rough context) and the first games centre point was based around zombies.
So going back to the first game in the series it WAS developed as a zombie game.
You only found out the plot line near the end or through the notes.

I will also say this again, you have your opinion and we have ours so stop always trying to be right in the conversation and acting immature
by basically telling everyone they are wrong.
The context of your replies shows a level of immaturity, stop getting so mad at someone else's thoughts.

I will also put my hand up and say this in hopes we will all agree to disagree. Nobody is right in this scenario.

Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 pm

The script wasn't favored but the reasoning of it being "too different from the games" is and will always be BS to me. The game contained characters and settings from the game. The pace was even slower like the games. To reject Romero's script and pick Anderson's shows they were looking for a more action packed film. I'm not saying Romero's film would have been 100 % perfect but it would've been better than what Anderson made.
Back to top Go down
Alice Clone 6
Cerberus
Cerberus
Alice Clone 6

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 am

I know, a number of people hate the scrips of the movies. Still, I think it all goes back to the first movie. True, Alice may be getting to be a problem with all the hogging she does in the movies. Maybe, it is time to have a second woman without Alice. One woman does in this time, then Alice comes back for the next, then back again. True, ther would be a damand that the two would will be in the same movie. Who would be leading the movie, I really do not know or care at this time.

Still, I think we can get more years with the movies as it always picks up the youth market under the age of 25.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to end the movie series?   How long does it take to end the movie series? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How long does it take to end the movie series?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next