HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Games You Feel Were Under-rated?

Go down 
+23
Known_Hero
Industrial Ridden
Spike991
the_darkest_one
chrisredfielmusculo
DivideByZero
chocotricks
Evil Rage42
NiteKrawler
ozzman
The CG
SWITCHMYND
Monster Mash
Ghost Leader
Vandal
PerseusRad
Outbreakgirl
PAULSAMSON
VoyageTreader08
REWorld
ThomVD
Mass Distraction
Valentine Fan
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 am

ThomVD wrote:
I expected that everybody would disagree with that one. The fact that everybody does actually kind of proves my point.

That's like saying that if I said 2+2=3 and then everyone disagreed, that it would prove my point. Underrated games are games that are very solid, but don't accrue a proportionate amount of sales or popularity. CoD (MW3 included) is ceaselessly popular, the sales are astronomical, and the games themselves are mostly average.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
That's like saying that if I said 2+2=3 and then everyone disagreed, that it would prove my point.

That is actually completely different... Has nothing to do with things being underrated, unless you would want to prove that 2+2=3 is underrated in that case, which makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:24 am

ThomVD wrote:
unless you would want to prove that 2+2=3 is underrated in that case, which makes no sense.

It would make sense, there's a song with that title.....and that song is underrated
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:50 am

ThomVD wrote:

@The CG: Even though FFIX is my favorite game ever, I disagree with you about it being underrated. The people who actually played it pretty much all love it. The only problem is that not that many people played it. Overlooked is a better word for it.

FF9 was sort of a victim of bad timing. The PS2 had just been released and people weren't playing PS1 anymore. It was definitely overlooked.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:54 am

The CG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

@The CG: Even though FFIX is my favorite game ever, I disagree with you about it being underrated. The people who actually played it pretty much all love it. The only problem is that not that many people played it. Overlooked is a better word for it.

FF9 was sort of a victim of bad timing. The PS2 had just been released and people weren't playing PS1 anymore. It was definitely overlooked.

Indeed, and people also didn't want to play it because they thought it looked cartoony, even though FFVII looked just as, if not more cartoony.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 pm

ThomVD wrote:
The CG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Indeed, and people also didn't want to play it because they thought it looked cartoony, even though FFVII looked just as, if not more cartoony.

This is a little off topic, but FF9 is actually the only FF game that I've beaten even though I've gotten really far in all of them. FF7 I got to the end but never finished it.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:29 pm

The CG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The CG wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

This is a little off topic, but FF9 is actually the only FF game that I've beaten even though I've gotten really far in all of them. FF7 I got to the end but never finished it.

Let's continue the FF talk in PM Smile .
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:22 pm

ThomVD wrote:
It all depends on how you interpret the word "underrated". The word is very vague.
No, it's not. The definition of "underrated" is quite clear and concise.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/underrated?s=t

How anyone can put CoD in the underrated category is mind boggling because it gets consistently perfect or near perfect reviews despite being the exact same game with yearly facelifts every year. It gets far more credit than it really deserves. It's as overrated as overrated can get.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
It all depends on how you interpret the word "underrated". The word is very vague.

How anyone can put CoD in the underrated category is mind boggling because it gets consistently perfect or near perfect reviews despite being the exact same game with yearly facelifts every year. It gets far more credit than it really deserves. It's as overrated as overrated can get.
I don't believe it's over or underrated.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm

halestride wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Like Nite said, the franchise is incredibly popular and always breaking sales records, yet the games aren't really anything all that special in terms of gameplay, story, or even graphics. That's basically a dictionary example of overrated.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

halestride wrote:
Really? Only ignorant people say that about Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:51 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
yet the games aren't really anything all that special in terms of gameplay, story, or even graphics.

Opinions are opinions.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:32 am

ThomVD wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
yet the games aren't really anything all that special in terms of gameplay, story, or even graphics.

Opinions are opinions.
Except Nite and I both have given you valid reasoning behind ours. You have yet to present anything to counter it.

Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 Stewie
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:11 am

First of all, you can't really win with opinions. They are underrated in my opinion. Obviously not for people who don't like the series.

I gave reasons, I also discussed with Nite on the chat. I won't repeat them every time. And I already said I will stop discussing since we are using the same arguments all the time. If you think you won the discussion because of this, that's fine.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 am

Baten Kaitos
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 pm

ThomVD wrote:
First of all, you can't really win with opinions.
Yes, you can actually. When one is based on valid reasoning and the other is based on faulty logic, the former renders the latter invalid. Therefor, it wins. Victory.

Quote :
They are underrated in my opinion. Obviously not for people who don't like the series.
Yes, apparently because Internet hate = underrated, but as has been pointed out, that's faulty logic. The definition of underrate is to rate or evaluate something too low. It's not a "vague" word like you tried to claim earlier. You're totally ignoring the fact that CoD virtually never gets anything less than a perfect score, therefor CoD can't be underrated by virtue of the numbers alone.

Quote :
I gave reasons,
Which are based on faulty logic.

Quote :
I also discussed with Nite on the chat.
That's all well and good, but I'm not Nite.

Quote :
And I already said I will stop discussing since we are using the same arguments all the time.
You have yet to dispute my argument with any validity, hence why I'm sticking with it.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Mercy wrote:
halestride wrote:
I'm not ignorant I just think the game is out there.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:36 pm

halestride wrote:
Mercy wrote:
halestride wrote:

It's completely overrated. Every time a new one comes out its all 'ZOMFG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and its really just asinine. It's not great, its a game with an extremely repeatitive gameplay, a terrible storyline, and the only thing that changes from game to game is the graphics
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:
Mercy wrote:
halestride wrote:

It's completely overrated. Every time a new one comes out its all 'ZOMFG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and its really just asinine. It's not great, its a game with an extremely repeatitive gameplay, a terrible storyline, and the only thing that changes from game to game is the graphics
say what you want lol but at lease you don't play games with me so you don't have to worry about it lol like my parents say. What you said is pretty much the same thing my step mom says.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm

halestride wrote:
What you said is pretty much the same thing my step mom says.
She sounds pretty smart.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
halestride wrote:
What you said is pretty much the same thing my step mom says.
She sounds pretty smart.
Lol she is but she doesn't like military games anyway so :/
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 am

I'm only going to say one more thing on this. Thom, you say that CoD is underrated because you only see hate for it. By your logic, if you only hung around CoD fan sites and everyone liked it, it would not be underrated. That's where your logic fails.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:49 am

Ok, maybe underrated is the wrong word. How about over-hated, if that word even exist. But yeah, you get my point.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 am

Over-hated sounds okay.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 Video-10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games You Feel Were Under-rated?   Games You Feel Were Under-rated? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Games You Feel Were Under-rated?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next