HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)

Go down 
+6
Turo602
chocotricks
ace.redfield
weskersbarber
Ghost Leader
Spike991
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) Empty
PostSubject: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm

So if you don't want to spoil the game for yourself, then turn around right now. Come on, knock it off, you don't wanna spoil it.

So I finally got my copy of Revelations(hereby referred to as RER), and it's pretty awesome already.

The gameplay is still perfect, like in Mercs 3D. But even more so. Talk about survival. Now I still stand by RE4 being a Survival/Horror game, but in RER, ammo is definately scarce and enemies are droppin' this shit either

And they made some real nice attempts with the horror. And honestly, not scarred, but they did get some suspense going, in a very old-fashioned kinda way.

Dammit I know GL would love this game, but he doesn't want a 3DS. Honestly, that's a shame, and what's more of a shame is that it has to be handheld exclusive.

But yeah, it's really nice thus far.

I got to the ending where Jill & Parker find that dummy with the head that falls off. Interesting...and that Veltro guy showed up. I actually really enjoy his character already. The voice changing thing, and just the gas mask is all cool.

Can't wait to see if that's who I always thought it was.

Also, wasn't HUNK shown in that first teaser? Is he still in there?

Btw, bite me Tri, I got it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:52 pm

I already know what happens in Revelations (RE Wiki, FTW!), so I'll just go ahead and join in.

Jessica being a triple agent makes her even hotter. I love you
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Im still wandering why Jill and Chris were pointing guns at each other lol.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I already know what happens in Revelations (RE Wiki, FTW!), so I'll just go ahead and join in.

Jessica being a triple agent makes her even hotter. I love you

Dammit GL, I haven't played that much yet...only like an hour. And that kinda ruined that for me...

Of course there was some speculation about that, so not entirely suprised, but now I know for a fact that she does.

I see wha people like Mcghie and Tri were talking about with her being annoying though, definately not a fan of Jessica.

Oh, and I can't help but look at Chris as a Big Dummy. Just a joke really. He's still one of the best characters in the series and all, but he's just soooo...IDK. Funny really, like as soon as I saw this dummy in like the Antartic with his sleeves rolled up. And a little into that chapter, Jessica was complaining it was cold, and Chris was all, "You should've worn your thermal underwear". IDK if anybody else finds him kinda funny now, but I do.

@GL, the thing you're missing though is just the whole experience of it. Damn, the complaining about RE4....while I don't agree with you still, it certainly makes me appreciate a more Survival-Survival aspect. Enemies aren't dropping ammo in RER, and that really makes a difference. And honestly I like that they don't.

I just wish you could play it.

Oh, and @Tri, are you aware theres a multi player type thing in it? Rade Mode or something. I wonder if that's online capable.

Otherwise, the game still looks and plays perfect. It's basically currently my Favourite RE game. cheers
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Im still wandering why Jill and Chris were pointing guns at each other lol.

yeah.. i've never seen that part in the game Jill and Chris are totally okay in the game

Anyway it would also be possible that the spy would still be ada since only leon knows her. BSAA members and FBC doesn't know her anyway. It would be great since we know where ada really works for... just saying though
I also got some questions:

How did you guys kill the last boss?? I had a tough time on that. Whenever that big guy tries to attack (illusion or not) i open the gun box thingy..
Is re6 gonna be in terragrigia? (before the meltdown) i saw the re6 trailer and saw the scene where chris is running in the city. I'm thinking that that city could be terragrigia..
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:52 am

Whats the story like in this game without spoilers? the guys on IGN are making this out to be the most far fetched and worst storyline in RE.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Dammit GL, I haven't played that much yet...only like an hour. And that kinda ruined that for me...
Sorry, I assumed this thread meant you'd already finished it.

Quote :
@GL, the thing you're missing though is just the whole experience of it. Damn, the complaining about RE4....while I don't agree with you still, it certainly makes me appreciate a more Survival-Survival aspect. Enemies aren't dropping ammo in RER, and that really makes a difference. And honestly I like that they don't.
Enemies dropping ammo is one of my top complaints about RE4 and RE5, so it's good to hear that RER omits it. It actually makes the moving while shooting/reloading less of a complaint for me now.

I guess Capcom still knows how to do survival horror.

Quote :
I just wish you could play it.
If it ever ends up ported to PS3, I will.

ace.redfield wrote:
Anyway it would also be possible that the spy would still be ada since only leon knows her. BSAA members and FBC doesn't know her anyway.
Knowing her personally or knowing of her? I would imagine the BSAA as well as the United States government know she exists. It's really difficult to stay completely off the grid in this world. Someone or something (i.e., a surveillance camera) is going to see you somewhere at some point.

Quote :
It would be great since we know where ada really works for... just saying though
When was this revealed?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:44 am

Guys stop spoiling the game for me
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 am

chocotricks wrote:
It's a spoiler topic, as noted in the title. If you don't want the game spoiled, stay out of it.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:03 am

Trollolololol
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

Playstation Network Turo602

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm currently on Episode 5. I'm really loving this game. It feels like I'm playing a modern version of Resident Evil REmake. The gameplay is even better than Mercenaries as the graphics are. The underwater gameplay couldn't have been done any better. The creepy atmosphere is in tact and the back tracking is back. The game is a bit challenging which is good. And the genesis scanner is pretty neat too. I like the way the story is told and the episode thing makes a lot of sense (being a handheld game and all). My one complaint about this game is Quint and Keith.... WTF! You hire a anime writer and this is what you get. That and a floating city. This is Resident Evil, not some lame ass anime!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Anime isn't lame, and floating cities aren't any kind of break from reality.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Anime isn't lame, and floating cities aren't any kind of break from reality.

Most of it doesn't appeal to me due to being too goofy and weird looking. I know there's different types of anime and something like Dragon Ball Z is just too lame for me. I can't take it serious. This guy wrote Cowboy Bebop which is something else I find hard to enjoy. Anyway, I was just speaking for myself, so there shouldn't be any back and forth argument over nothing.

A floating city sounds kinda stupid and a bit whacky for Resident Evil. But the again, this is a series about zombies, superhumans, and monsters...

Last edited by Turo602 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Been watching the walkthrough on youtube, im only on episode 6 and its fantastic. Really has me on edge and creeped out at times and thats me only watching it. Im digging the story too so far altough im not so sure about those invisible hunters. The music and the atmosphere have been great too. Just wish they didnt have it on such a shitty handheld console. A main series RE game deserves nothing more than the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Been watching the walkthrough on youtube, im only on episode 6 and its fantastic. Really has me on edge and creeped out at times and thats me only watching it. Im digging the story too so far altough im not so sure about those invisible hunters. The music and the atmosphere have been great too. Just wish they didnt have it on such a shitty handheld console. A main series RE game deserves nothing more than the PS3.

And 360.

And the Wii needs something too. Something on par with RER, not a rail shooter.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:05 pm

chocotricks wrote:
I know right, what is this madness!!!? Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Sargent D wrote:
chocotricks wrote:
I know right, what is this madness!!!? Suspect
The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) Madness-this-is-sparta
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:27 am

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

And 360.

Fuck the WII. If capcom make a game for the WII, No doubt it will come out for the new WII U, and I will not be buying that bull shit console just to play an RE game again,
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:34 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

And 360.

Fuck the WII. If capcom make a game for the WII, No doubt it will come out for the new WII U, and I will not be buying that bull shit console just to play an RE game again,
I actually have no plans for purchasing the Wii U.

im not ready for it.

i think ill just stick with my Wii. and with the 360 at its side i should be able to get any re games that come out.

I got a little further in RER. i actually dont like Jessica anyway, and just knowing she's a triple agent or whatever makes her easier to dislike.

i cant wait to see how, and also what her role is. im especially interested in seeing whats up with the dude in the gas mask.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:01 am

So, I'm sure by now everyone who owns the game has beaten it twice over by now. Gameinformer mentioned that Quint and Keith are the worst actors in Resident Evil's library of horrible voice actors, but I actually really liked those characters. A lot. Like I got so pissed when I thought they died in that explosion. Same with Parker. I thought to myself "You don't off characters that you're just introducing to the series!" And it wasn't that the voice actors are bad, I thought they were intentionally trying to be corny. There were lines that really made me laugh like an idiot, like that one time when Jessica communicated to Quint for the first time in the game, his sudden change in voice to impress her was hilarious.

I'm also hoping to see some more of Clive in future Resident Evil games. That or read his detective novel.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:40 am

Mercy wrote:
So, I'm sure by now everyone who owns the game has beaten it twice over by now. Gameinformer mentioned that Quint and Keith are the worst actors in Resident Evil's library of horrible voice actors, but I actually really liked those characters. A lot. Like I got so pissed when I thought they died in that explosion. Same with Parker. I thought to myself "You don't off characters that you're just introducing to the series!" And it wasn't that the voice actors are bad, I thought they were intentionally trying to be corny. There were lines that really made me laugh like an idiot, like that one time when Jessica communicated to Quint for the first time in the game, his sudden change in voice to impress her was hilarious.

I'm also hoping to see some more of Clive in future Resident Evil games. That or read his detective novel.

I actually hated them. Especially Quint with his annoying ass voice and his child-like movements. They were just out of place for a Resident Evil game. I would have more respect for them if they died. This is Resident Evil, there's no need for stupid whacky comic relief characters.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 am

I can understand why people won't like Quint, in fact I can find lots of reasons to hate Quint, but the fact that he's a genius and plays off as a total dweeb is an attractive trait in my opinion. I liked that his character declined any promotion and thought it was noble of him. Is he a total Jackass? Yeah. Does he even belong in a main Resident Evil title? Probably not, so I guess Quint could be Capcom's reason not to stick a number at the end of the franchise name; because they were so tempted to. Not to say that main franchise games have silly, wacky, out of place characters with questionable voice actors (Salazar/Irving) 

But still, the one line that has always pushed me the wrong way was when Quint was complaining about the snow.. Well it was more of Keith's comeback that was confusing and stupid. 

Edit: You're right though, if they had just kept him dead I would have had more respect for him.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:21 am

If you're talking about the two nerdy guys, they were alright in my book.

I just got to the part where Chris and Jill teamed up with Parker & Jessica teaming up as well. I did the part with Jill, where you use that vaccine before swimming around in that funky T-Abyss virus water stuff, and just started the part with Parker where Jess wants to separate.

I then turned it off and decided I would play more later...honestly I'm not too interested in either Parker or Jessica. Though I am more interested in her role, and how she might be that "BITCH!" Chris was referring to in the RE6 trailer.

Parker has an axe, which in it's own right is pretty cool. And I'm pretty sure he dies...but I've been trying not to read about what happens.

I didn't like seeing that, that weird dude with the orangish hair(much like Leon in RE2 haha) ended up being the mysterious gas mask guy. "Veltro" is it?

And I don't quite know what the T-Abyss Virus is yet.

I'm really like RER though. I need to hurry up and finish it. Am I almost done actually? I imagine the conclusion is nearing...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:41 am

Nope, you got some ways to go.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 pm

I beat the final boss of Revelations a few days ago. It's a pretty fantastic game. The controls are the best in the series so far, and the gameplay and music are very addictive. The story was pretty good, but as of right now it feels a bit inconsequential to the whole plot (unless the ending scene in the diner means what I think it means). The music was fantastic. Pretty much everything is ahead of it's time since its on a portable. The raid mode is also really good, although some of the levels almost require two people to play if you even want a chance.

By the way, why does Chris roll his sleeves up when he's in freezing cold climates? And why does Jessica wear high-heels when running through the snow?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)   The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Resident Evil Revelations Discussion Thread(Intended for ppl that've played it)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next