Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Revelations draws near! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Revelations draws near! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Revelations draws near! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Revelations draws near! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Revelations draws near! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Revelations draws near! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Revelations draws near! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Revelations draws near! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Revelations draws near! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Revelations draws near!

Go down 
+4
PartyGirl
Spike991
Mass Distraction
HUNK'syouruncle
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

Revelations draws near! Empty
PostSubject: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:32 pm

So it's just over 2 weeks until the Australian release of Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS. I seriously cannot wait for this game to come out, it looks amazing and really fun to play. The story is far more complex than i expected which is a plus and it features a surprising number of new characters. Every review I've read of this game is positive (never scoring anything under a 9/10) which makes me really pumped for this game. I hope that most of the members on this site are planning on buying this game becaues i truly think it will be the best of the modern Resident Evil games (namely RE4 and RE5).

I wanto to know what you guys think judging by the trailers and screenshots.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:41 pm

I would be more excited about this game if it didn't mean I'd have to buy another DS. I'm not made out of money, you know.

Still, it's shaping out to be a really interesting addition to the series (Finland ftw) and a good indication of what RE6 might be like.

Hopefully they bundle this game with Mercs and/or a 3DS because that would totally make me buy it. There has been talk of such thing happening but no confirmation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I would be more excited about this game if it didn't mean I'd have to buy another DS. I'm not made out of money, you know.

Still, it's shaping out to be a really interesting addition to the series (Finland ftw) and a good indication of what RE6 might be like.

Hopefully they bundle this game with Mercs and/or a 3DS because that would totally make me buy it. There has been talk of such thing happening but no confirmation.

A bundle seems likely, if no bundle then some game stores might be having deals on getting a 3DS with Revelations. Anyway Revelations isn't the only reason why i bought a 3DS. If Revelations sells well then there may be more like it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
A bundle seems likely, if no bundle then some game stores might be having deals on getting a 3DS with Revelations.
I hope for a bundle because the few game stores we have in this country rarely do deals like that and when they do it's usually just something like COD.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:27 pm

RER looked more interesting to me when there was that one teaser with the guy in the chair...now it looks like most of the ideas and thoughts I had aren't really what it's gonna be like.

I wanted Alex, and stuff like that.

Jill sounds weird too.

It still looks awesome, but different.

I'm gonna get it as soon as it comes out though.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
A bundle seems likely, if no bundle then some game stores might be having deals on getting a 3DS with Revelations.
I hope for a bundle because the few game stores we have in this country rarely do deals like that and when they do it's usually just something like COD.

Tough break. COD neeeds some serious innovation. But Activision only care about money, yearly releases is when action games go downhill. They might as well just call the next one Call of Duty 2013. But enough about lousy games. Revelations is gonna be amazing (i hope).
Back to top Go down
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey Resident Evil... Play station misses you. Come back to us. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:00 pm

At least us PS owners still have most of the series available to us Razz Especially now that Chronicles HD Selection is coming.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:38 pm

PartyGirl wrote:
Then I'd have to endure the PS controllers... *shudder*
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Trichos wrote:
PartyGirl wrote:
Then I'd have to endure the PS controllers... *shudder*
I like ps controllers.

nothing can be worse than the n64 trident controllers though. you know, the ones where its ideal to have 3 arms to play with it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 pm

PS controllers are the best for sure. I might be biased as I have always had Sony consoles but they have a simple yet effective button layout which truly is a plus.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PS controllers are the best for sure.
I agree with this. I've played almost every console ever made and the PS controller design is by far the best, IMO. Not too big, not too small, with buttons all in the right places.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PS controllers are the best for sure.
I agree with this. I've played almost every console ever made and the PS controller design is by far the best, IMO. Not too big, not too small, with buttons all in the right places.

I've always been sorta anit-sony, but the controllers are nice.

I always hated the buttons being X, O, Square and triangle for one.

I think the 360 has a pretty sweet controller though.

IDK. the ps one hasn't changed much over the years, and it works real nice.

I also like GC, but that one is indeed a bit odd.

I guess nowadays the one thing I don't care for on the ps controller is the way the analogues are both on the bottom. I'd rather one sit above the D-pad.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Well atleast my 3DS won't be a huge paperweight for about a week or so haha
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Well atleast my 3DS won't be a huge paperweight for about a week or so haha

Lolz...mine would be the same, if I didn't use the MacWiFi to get on here most days.

You got one?

Otherwise, yes, I'll finally be using it for gaming! When's RER's release date again? Mass?
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah I only have two games for it Ocarina of Time 3D and The Mercanaries 3D. Mercanaries 3D was pretty much a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:24 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Mercanaries 3D was pretty much a waste of money.

I'm not usually the dissagreeable type, but I disagree with that. I luv it.Smile

Of course it gets boring. I can't really play against anybody, as nobody else owns it or a 3ds...which blows.

And I never really feel like playing online too much...

It's good though, maybe not worth the 40 I payed, but I've gotta have it.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:35 pm

It was fun....for a little but it quickly grew stale for me. If it hadn't already been done on the regular consoles it probably would've had more playability to me. When Resident Evil DS(Deady Silence) was released it featured the entire 1st game with two different modes to choose from as well as updates to the controls(180 turn, knife button,etc). I guess I was hoping for more from mercanaries.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
It was fun....for a little but it quickly grew stale for me. If it hadn't already been done on the regular consoles it probably would've had more playability to me. When Resident Evil DS(Deady Silence) was released it featured the entire 1st game with two different modes to choose from as well as updates to the controls(180 turn, knife button,etc). I guess I was hoping for more from mercanaries.

I guess if anything we can say we knew what we were getting, I mean it is The Mercenaries, and the game is just that.

More characters would have been nice. More levels. oh and did I mention characters! Seriously, why limit us on something like that.

I also really liked the survival type games in previous RE games. RE2's Extreme Battle Mode, CVX's Battle Game, RE3's Mercs as well. Where you go from A to B, trying to get to the end, without dying. Survival is the name of the game.

I would have enjoyed something like that in Mercs 3d. Just anything, you can never have too many features.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:44 am

Actually the analog sticks being where they are in the PS controller is one of the best features they have. That way they are easily used with both thumbs.

Anyway, Spike asked the release date. It's February 7th for North America.

Spike991 wrote:
Just anything, you can never have too many features.
At least ORC seems to have quite a few game modes in addition to the story campaign.

Btw, just found this: [link]. They are some early concepts of the original PlayStation and it's controllers. Some of those desigs were pretty horrendous.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Damn, RER is so close.Smile I'm happy.

I don't like the analogue situation. It's the way I like it on pretty much every other controller. GC, xbox, dreamcast, etc.

I just prefer it that way. It's a little thing that doesn't bother me too much, but if I were going to construct my ideal controller, the analogues wouldn't be set up like the PS. And they also wouldn't feel like that.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

agree with spike.. The game would be better with more characters (ada and excella) and more areas and stages could have been added. I was so used to where i'm going at the same public assembly, same village, same prison etc. and the missions were stocked up with tutorials instead of having more normal modes and even additional bosses. But overall it's worth buying Razz
oh and i never knew the game had cut scenes at the title..

Anyway. . anyone know the name of the new BOW in rev.. just curious??
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:59 am

ace.redfield wrote:
Which one? There's a bunch of new BOWs there.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:35 am

Spike991 wrote:
[...], but if I were going to construct my ideal controller, the analogues wouldn't be set up like the PS. And they also wouldn't feel like that.
QFT, but my dislike for PS controllers is greater than yours. It's one of the reasons why I never really considered getting a PS.
To me, the perfect controller would be a modified GC one. I guess I'd add another button so that B and three kidney-shaped buttons frame the big A. And I'd turn Z into an "R2" trigger. The control pad and the C-stick also have to be somewhat improved regarding feel and accessability.
But regarding ergonomics and shape, how it feels in my hands, that's my favourite controller at this point in human history.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
Which one? There's a bunch of new BOWs there.
the one with the round mouth and acts like a zombie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revelations draws near!   Revelations draws near! Empty

Back to top Go down

Revelations draws near!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next