HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Finally some news on Damnation

Go down 
+12
weskersbarber
PartyGirl
Spike991
nekronuke
Ghost Leader
toddx77
NiteKrawler
Incompetent Barry
Trichos
Sargent D
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm

@Spike: We definitely will not allow any user to openly flame or otherwise make fun of any other user based on the fact that they use the RE Wiki. And we definitely will never do it ourselves, as admins. If you don't like the RE Wiki or if you find it as a non-credible source, fine. Instead of making fun of it or people who use it, call them out if you think their info is incorrect and research it. If it proves to be incorrect, it is a win-win for everyone. I'm sure GL (I think GL helps there) and the other volunteers at the different Wiki sites run themselves ragged trying to keep it as accurate as possible and I think saying they can eff themselves is a bit harsh and unneeded.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I'm paraphrasing. Your issue with the RE Wiki isn't exactly a secret.

Sure isn't, and I don't care who knows it. It's not even something I would consider an issue, til you bring it up for no apparent reason.

Ghost Leader wrote:
I pick at inaccuracies to, but only when I know for a fact that something is inaccurate, not when it comes from a particular source that I might not like.

I don't pick at something somebody says based on info they got from RE Wiki, only if the info is stupid sounding somehow, I'll associate it with the illegit RE Wiki. RE Wiki and ridiculous info being synonymous as far as I'm concerned. Just a little exageration, much like your paraphrasing of my feelings towards RE Wiki.

Ghost Leader wrote:
No one is telling you to. That's got zilch to do with this.

Good, cuz ain't anybody gonna argue me into using that POS site. What is this anyway? You don't like me poking fun at RE Wiki? If that's the case, get over that, not a big deal. I'm not making fun of anybody for using it, just the site.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Just like the RE Wiki does, yes.

Yes, I didn't need your confirmation for my declarative statement. I'm saying that inaccuracies are everywhere. I just prefer to not mess with RE Wiki. Again, not sure why this is being made into a big deal.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Again, I'm not telling you to use it, I'm trying to get the point across that it isn't the den of lies you imply that it is.

I can appreciate that, I mean I know it isn't complete shit. Like I said above, just an exaggeration.

Ghost Leader wrote:
The opinions of editors at the RE Wiki are just as valid as any REF member's.

Says you maybe. They don't mean a damn thing to me. I come to REF, that's what I care about. As long as you are here, and one of the more knowledgable, veteran members, I will respect your opinion just like I always have.

Ghost Leader wrote:
All the info on RE Wiki is compiled from just that, experience with the games. A wiki isn't a source of info per se, it's an encyclopedia.

Basically. But it's like a fan-made type thing. Making it less legit and canon in my eyes. And I don't care to use it. I don't need to defend that.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Considering you just told a wiki full of RE fans (myself included) to fuck themselves, should I really give a damn what you "dig"?

Figure of speech, don't take it personally. Especially since it wasn't addressing you, directly or otherwise. But obviously I don't give two shits about whoever runs RE Wiki, and don't need to go have a 'sit-down' with anybody over there to talk through my dislike for their site.

Ghost Leader wrote:
For that one small mistake, there are hundreds more facts that are 100% accurate.

Oh, I can gaurantee that, but that's not the point. There are pros and cons. I'm still not gonna use it, and you telling me about all the pros isn't going to make me change my mind. Not sure what you are attempting to accomplish here actually. But feel free to tell me exactly what you are trying to accomplish by having a little quarrel here with me, and I can answer for that directly.

Ghost Leader wrote:
I guess they pulled the fact that Jill's height was retconned from 5'5" in REmake to 5'8" in RE5 out of their ass, despite the fact that they have photographic proof right from the game that proves it.

I guess so.

Ghost Leader wrote:
They also must have pulled Chris' blood type being 0 out of their asses too even though the official Code Veronica website says the same thing.

If you say so.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Yes, every little bit of info on that website is pulled right out of the editing community's collective ass, despite the fact that they have legit sources coming from *gasp* the games to prove the accuracy. Rolling Eyes

So I guess I called that one.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Paraphrasing doesn't necessarily make something inaccurate. If I picked up a turquoise stone and referred to it as "greenish blue", I wouldn't be wrong.

I concur, but like I said, I don't care for RE Wiki. Period. Get over it.

Ghost Leader wrote:
How is re-wording something that might be copyrighted hypocritical or "sounding like a jackass"? Suspect

If I were to go and re-word everything like RE Wiki, which is something I dislike about them, that would be hypocritical as I'd be doing something I didn't like, making me a hypocrit. Not sure if you read wrong or if I didn't properly articulate what I was trying to say?

Ghost Leader wrote:
What you think or do doesn't matter.

Then get off my tits and and just browse your happy ass all over this forum, not caring about what I think or do.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Yeah, you know, I'm not down with that and I don't appreciate being told to "suck it" in response, which I find far below the position of someone entrusted with managing a community. Whether you consider RE Wiki as a credible source or not is your own damn business, but you have absolutely no right to criticize others that feel otherwise

It is my business if I find it credible and choose to use it or not. Whose business it is not is yours.

I have to right to voice my opinions on RE Wiki. I don't say anything negative about anybody for using it, unless you got some proof of that?

And that DX thing was a joke. And, since I didn't actually say, "suck it", I assumed you could take it however you wanted.

Ghost Leader wrote:
no matter what kind of RE brainiac you see yourself as.

The kind that knows his shit. Though I don't have to prove anything, although I'm willing to anytime.

Ghost Leader wrote:
What proof do you base that on? Sounding like Krauser is circumstantial at best, otherwise Naomi Hunter and Emma Emmerich would be the same person because Jennifer Hale voiced both, Desmond Miles and Nathan Drake would be the same person because Nolan North voiced both, and Leon Kennedy and Specter are the same person because Paul Mercier voiced both.

Difference is we've seen Naomi and EE, and we know for a fact they are different characters.

Krauser is an actual RE character, and this annonymous voice is not, therefore making that theory more plausible.

NiteKrawler wrote:
We definitely will not allow any user to openly flame or otherwise make fun of any other user based on the fact that they use the RE Wiki. And we definitely will never do it ourselves, as admins. If you don't like the RE Wiki or if you find it as a non-credible source, fine. Instead of making fun of it or people who use it, call them out if you think their info is incorrect and research it. If it proves to be incorrect, it is a win-win for everyone. I'm sure GL (I think GL helps there) and the other volunteers at the different Wiki sites run themselves ragged trying to keep it as accurate as possible and I think saying they can eff themselves is a bit harsh and unneeded.

I agree. Anybody who does deserves a spanking.

But, just to clarify, in case anybody has misunderstood, while I dislike RE Wiki, I don't make fun of anyone for using it, "Ha ha you use RE Wiki", but I will poke fun at RE Wiki. And I won't take it seriously as a credible source. Period.

I'd like to think that the times I have poked at RE Wiki have been in good fun. Never anything to warrant being crusified for.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 am

Spike991 wrote:
I don't pick at something somebody says based on info they got from RE Wiki
Yes. Yes you do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Yes. Yes you do.
No way jose.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Yes. Yes you do.
No way jose.
Oh come on Very Happy You poked fun at that one bit of info I had concluded myself but happened to coincide with the stuff on RE Wiki. I think it was something about lickers, although I can't be certain.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Yes. Yes you do.
No way jose.
Oh come on Very Happy You poked fun at that one bit of info I had concluded myself but happened to coincide with the stuff on RE Wiki. I think it was something about lickers, although I can't be certain.
I dont believe it. though if you got proof ill have no problem saying im less than right.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Here: [link]. Not that I'd be pissed at you or anything as we settled the thing back on that thread but still.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:38 pm

You also responded to Nite regarding Wesker's spies on the previous page, calling it "RE Wiki speak".

If you think RE Wiki is such a joke, go make a better one. I challenge you to.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
You also responded to Nite regarding Wesker's spies on the previous page, calling it "RE Wiki speak".

Yes, but that's making fun of RE Wiki, not a user.

Ghost Leader wrote:
If you think RE Wiki is such a joke, go make a better one. I challenge you to.

I do, and I will make a better one, as soon as you accept my challenge of playing through RE4 recording your run and yourself so I can see this dull, expressionless face you make it seem like you have when playing this game that isn't scary and all that jazz. Once you do that I'll make RE Wiki 2 or whatever, or some sort of encyclopedia that'll be better and more accurate. Deal? Probly not...

MassDistraction wrote:
Here: [link]. Not that I'd be pissed at you or anything as we settled the thing back on that thread but still.

Haha, I remember that.Smile And from going back and reading, it looks like you assumed the worst, not me. I didn't say anything negative til you continued to push for it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:53 am

Spike991 wrote:
MassDistraction wrote:

Haha, I remember that.Smile And from going back and reading, it looks like you assumed the worst, not me. I didn't say anything negative til you continued to push for it.
You implied it rather well and knowing your problems with RE Wiki it was a safe assumption. I kept pushing it because it was my theory that just happened to coincide with RE Wiki and just because of that you refused to believe it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
MassDistraction wrote:

You implied it rather well and knowing your problems with RE Wiki it was a safe assumption. I kept pushing it because it was my theory that just happened to coincide with RE Wiki and just because of that you refused to believe it.

I dunno, I think I just smiled.Smile In any case, that was all in good fun, at least I thought so.

But maybe I didn't like your theory to begin with. What was it BTW?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 am

You can read it in the thread I linked.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Cant wait for this, when will it likely be released and can it be bought on DVD straight away?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Could, but dont care that much...

@barber, it probly wont be in theatres.

and i remember degeneration was a pain in the ass to get when it first came out.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Could, but dont care that much...

@barber, it probly wont be in theatres.

and i remember degeneration was a pain in the ass to get when it first came out.
I didn't have any issues getting it. I just went down to Wal-Mart, picked it up off the rack, beat the crap out of 17 other rabid RE fans wanting to take it from me went to the register, paid for it, and was at home watching it in no time.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:40 am

It was all a blur....I just remember going to a couple places and they had some bs not having it stuff.

I think one store told me they didn't get it til the next day, stuff like that. Super annoying. And just generally, I don't see it too much. It's almost like it was a limited time release...almost.

I'm sure I won't have that problem this time though.Smile

Btw, this topic got a bit off track, but is there any new info on Damnation anyway?

I mean I remember seeing Leon and lickers....and some mysterious guy that some speculated was maybe Carlos or Billy. I even heard Chris.

That's still where we're at isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:22 am

Spike991 wrote:
Btw, this topic got a bit off track, but is there any new info on Damnation anyway?
Look at my starting post on this thread. That is the latest news.
Back to top Go down
Residentevil521
Cerberus
Cerberus
Residentevil521

Playstation Network mike39201

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 am

Yay finally some news on damnation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 pm

I keep thinking the guy in the trailer (the one hidden in shadows) is Billy or possibly Carlos and I'll accept either!
our luck it will be a completely new character. lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
or possibly Carlos
Oh please God, let that be the case...

I'm guessing it still might be a completely new character but why would they put him in shadows then?
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
or possibly Carlos
Oh please God, let that be the case...

I'm guessing it still might be a completely new character but why would they put him in shadows then?

I love Carlos. So I would love for it to be him.
But, I'll accept either.

and true... then again they could have just done that to make you think about it
and to make it dramatic lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Carlos is my favorite character so of course I'd prefer it to be him but I'd still be happy with other options, too.

ChrisSherry wrote:
then again they could have just done that to make you think about it
I thought about that too. Hopefully it's someone we actually know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Right there with you. Carlos was one of my first favorite characters.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Carlos is my favorite character so of course I'd prefer it to be him but I'd still be happy with other options, too.

ChrisSherry wrote:
then again they could have just done that to make you think about it
I thought about that too. Hopefully it's someone we actually know Very Happy

I agree! we don't need new characters they have plenty older characters to use.
Billy and Carlos being two of the perfect picks.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:36 pm

You know, as much as I like Carlos I'd still be most pleased if it turned out to be Ark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 pm

I guess either works for me. I'm also indifferent about this.

I still stand by Billy not really needing to come back though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally some news on Damnation
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next