HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Finally some news on Damnation

Go down 
+12
weskersbarber
PartyGirl
Spike991
nekronuke
Ghost Leader
toddx77
NiteKrawler
Incompetent Barry
Trichos
Sargent D
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the only reason people want to see him again because they want to have continuation to his story. The same goes for Sherry and Steve.

Or like in my case, Ark.
I don't have a problem with Billy at all, I just wanted to point out that being overrated and appearing in only one game is not mutually exclusive.

I'd like to see Richard again. Too bad he was, like, RE developers' favourite guy to let their sadistis phantasies out on.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the only reason people want to see him again because they want to have continuation to his story. The same goes for Sherry and Steve.

Or like in my case, Ark.

Yup. and no way billy os overatted.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Or like in my case, Ark.

Well, it was more likely to get the continuation to Sherry's or Steve's story, mainly because Billy is officially dead and went missing
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:25 pm

I guess he's like Barry where his story can be left as is. Billy is in the hiding and Barry is with his family.

I still wouldn't mind hearing from either of them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't see Leon as overrated, but definitely overused and watered down.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the only reason people want to see him again because they want to have continuation to his story.
Where else is his story supposed to go? As far as the overall plot of the games, he's totally irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the only reason people want to see him again because they want to have continuation to his story.
Where else is his story supposed to go? As far as the overall plot of the games, he's totally irrelevant.
Like I said in my last post his story could still be left as is, just like Barry's. Billy is in hiding and Barry with his family.

A cameo or something from a familiar face would still be cool to see. Anyway, I'd still rather see Sherry, Rebecca or Ark.
Back to top Go down
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Is Sherry still a US Government prisoner?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:49 pm

As far as we know the US government kept Sherry because she carried the G-antibody
Back to top Go down
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:12 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
As far as we know the US government kept Sherry because she carried the G-antibody

Yup. And Wesker's spies wanted to keep her on observation. Plus her captivity ensured Leon's cooperation in joining them.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:18 pm

PartyGirl wrote:

And Wesker's spies wanted to keep her on observation. Plus her captivity ensured Leon's cooperation in joining them.

Are you sure about that??
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 pm

The part about Wesker's spies I have never heard of. Link? And Sherry's whereabouts are very fuzzy. It is never said outright. Well it kind of says that she is in government hands, but it can be argued that it was alluded to that Wesker has her. By now she is old enough to be making her own adult decisions. Is she being held captive? Is she free? No one knows...
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:52 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
The part about Wesker's spies I have never heard of. Link? And Sherry's whereabouts are very fuzzy. It is never said outright. Well it kind of says that she is in government hands, but it can be argued that it was alluded to that Wesker has her. By now she is old enough to be making her own adult decisions. Is she being held captive? Is she free? No one knows...

Anderson might know...
Back to top Go down
PartyGirl
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
PartyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:24 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
PartyGirl wrote:

And Wesker's spies wanted to keep her on observation. Plus her captivity ensured Leon's cooperation in joining them.

Are you sure about that??

Which part?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Right. I think that's some RE Wiki wording, if you catch my drift.

But anyway, her whereabouts after Raccoon are a little ambiguous. "Sherry is safe in our hands...I would never underestimate Birkin". And her RE3 Epilogue implies the government. I'd have to go back and play DSC to maybe get some more info...haven't played it in a long time.

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

But anyway, her whereabouts after Raccoon are a little ambiguous. "Sherry is safe in our hands...I would never underestimate Birkin". And her RE3 Epilogue implies the government. I'd have to go back and play DSC to maybe get some more info...haven't played it in a long time.

watch the last cutscene from the "memories of a lost city" chapter, there's the government part if you just want to know that
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:57 am

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

What do you have against the RE Wiki that you apparently don't against any other wiki? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:59 am

Besides, of all wikis I've visited it's one of the most comprehensive I know of.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Besides, of all wikis I've visited it's one of the most comprehensive I know of.
Me, too. Any inaccurate info put into pages is quickly deleted or corrected. These sites are actively moderated, it's not like bad info is there forever once someone puts it in.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:19 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

watch the last cutscene from the "memories of a lost city" chapter, there's the government part if you just want to know that

I meant reading wise, as I know all those cutscenes like the back of my hand. In that scene, it sounds like Krauser is on the intercom, at least has to be his VA, Jim Ward. Ironically in Leon's RE3 Epilogue, the guy, "Claiming" to be a government agent, looks a lot like Krauser....intriguing....

@GL, who said I liked any other Wikis?

What I don't like though, is the wording for one. I mean, they take liberties with certain bits of info, and I don't like that.

i.e. Wesker's spies....no canon RE source has said anything about his "spies" having anything to do with anything, or that they exist....I mean, it's just little things like that. And I have found innaccuracies here and there.

Regardless, I just would prefer my source of RE info to be from the games. Period.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Spike991 wrote:

I meant reading wise, as I know all those cutscenes like the back of my hand. In that scene, it sounds like Krauser is on the intercom, at least has to be his VA, Jim Ward. Ironically in Leon's RE3 Epilogue, the guy, "Claiming" to be a government agent, looks a lot like Krauser....intriguing....

Yeah, he sounds a lot like Krauser, maybe it was him
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:37 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

That's what I'm going with til I hear otherwise.

Makes sense to me. He did work for the government afterall. Not to mention how him being around then at that time, would make how Wesker got Sherry make more sense.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Spike991 wrote:
@GL, who said I liked any other Wikis?
You did. This illogical hatred of yours of the RE Wiki came up once before, I showed you credible proof that the accuracy of Wikipedia ranged in the 80 to 90% range, and you responded by saying it was only the RE Wiki that you had a problem with.

Quote :
What I don't like though, is the wording for one. I mean, they take liberties with certain bits of info, and I don't like that.

i.e. Wesker's spies....no canon RE source has said anything about his "spies" having anything to do with anything, or that they exist....I mean, it's just little things like that.
There's a large collection of RE fans, some just as knowledgeable as you, who think otherwise. Why not bring the subject up for discussion with the staff and the rest of the regular editors there? I'm certain they'll oblige you.

Quote :
And I have found innaccuracies here and there.
Which an administrator or other editor probably hadn't yet caught. You could also be proactive and correct it yourself.

Quote :
Regardless, I just would prefer my source of RE info to be from the games. Period.
Where do you think the RE Wiki gets its info from?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
You did. This illogical hatred of yours of the RE Wiki came up once before, I showed you credible proof that the accuracy of Wikipedia ranged in the 80 to 90% range, and you responded by saying it was only the RE Wiki that you had a problem with.

Whoa buddy, never did I say I hated RE Wiki, but I certainly don't love or like it. You're putting words in my mouth fool. How about proof of me saying that? That's what I need.

I don't browse any wikis except Wikipedia, and that's usually for little things. I also happen to know a good deal about RE, to where I can pick at those little inaccuracies and all.

It's just not a source that I use. Ever. I'll just use the games like I always have, as that seems to do me just fine.

Ghost Leader wrote:
There's a large collection of RE fans, some just as knowledgeable as you, who think otherwise.

That's debatable.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Why not bring the subject up for discussion with the staff and the rest of the regular editors there? I'm certain they'll oblige you.

TBH, I don't really give a rat's ass what those guys think. They can make their wiki and go eff themselves for all I care, I'm not gonna use it, nuff said.

I mean I respect the opinions of the active members on REF. Especially if it's theirs, and especially if they came to it through their own experience from the games. It doesn't hurt to read info on the net though, not at all. I just don't dig it as a source, don't dig RE Wiki as a source.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Which an administrator or other editor probably hadn't yet caught. You could also be proactive and correct it yourself.

I did a couple. Namely one about Richard's vest being called "red", when it's in fact "orange". No big deal, but just something I can use as a legit example.

Anything, including the RE games can have little discrepencies like that, and much bigger than that.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Where do you think the RE Wiki gets its info from?

IDK, I guess whoever runs that garbage pulls it outta their ass??

Things like the wording, the way they take certain liberties with the info is just something I don't appreciate. Putting it in their own words and making it just....ugh.

If I were running the show on something like that, which I will, don't worry that'll make sense eventually, I'd use wording directly from the games, from Archives, etc.

I'm not gonna try to word it my own way and sound like a jackass. That'd be hypocritical.

In conclusion, I don't use RE Wiki and don't look at it as a credible source, despite whatever percentages, fractions or pie charts you might show.

And if anybody mentions that they use RE Wiki as a credible source, I'm not gonna ever hate them for it, but I might poke fun at it, and if you ain't down with that, I've got two words for you....I bet you know the rest.

PAULSAMSON wrote:

I bet it was. I wonder if they'll ever tell us, or if it'll just be up in da air...

King Spike wrote:
I'll just use the games like I always have, as that seems to do me just fine.

Damn straight. king
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 am

Spike991 wrote:
Whoa buddy, never did I say I hated RE Wiki, but I certainly don't love or like it. You're putting words in my mouth fool. How about proof of me saying that? That's what I need.
I'm paraphrasing. Your issue with the RE Wiki isn't exactly a secret.

Quote :
I also happen to know a good deal about RE, to where I can pick at those little inaccuracies and all.
I pick at inaccuracies to, but only when I know for a fact that something is inaccurate, not when it comes from a particular source that I might not like.

Quote :
It's just not a source that I use. Ever.
No one is telling you to. That's got zilch to do with this.

Quote :
I'll just use the games like I always have, as that seems to do me just fine.
Just like the RE Wiki does, yes.

Quote :
TBH, I don't really give a rat's ass what those guys think. They can make their wiki and go eff themselves for all I care, I'm not gonna use it, nuff said.
Again, I'm not telling you to use it, I'm trying to get the point across that it isn't the den of lies you imply that it is.

Quote :
I mean I respect the opinions of the active members on REF.
The opinions of editors at the RE Wiki are just as valid as any REF member's.

Quote :
Especially if it's theirs, and especially if they came to it through their own experience from the games.
All the info on RE Wiki is compiled from just that, experience with the games. A wiki isn't a source of info per se, it's an encyclopedia.

Quote :
I just don't dig it as a source, don't dig RE Wiki as a source.
Considering you just told a wiki full of RE fans (myself included) to fuck themselves, should I really give a damn what you "dig"?

Quote :
I did a couple. Namely one about Richard's vest being called "red", when it's in fact "orange". No big deal, but just something I can use as a legit example.

Anything, including the RE games can have little discrepencies like that, and much bigger than that.
For that one small mistake, there are hundreds more facts that are 100% accurate.

Quote :
IDK, I guess whoever runs that garbage pulls it outta their ass??
I guess they pulled the fact that Jill's height was retconned from 5'5" in REmake to 5'8" in RE5 out of their ass, despite the fact that they have photographic proof right from the game that proves it.

They also must have pulled Chris' blood type being 0 out of their asses too even though the official Code Veronica website says the same thing.

Yes, every little bit of info on that website is pulled right out of the editing community's collective ass, despite the fact that they have legit sources coming from *gasp* the games to prove the accuracy. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
Things like the wording, the way they take certain liberties with the info is just something I don't appreciate. Putting it in their own words and making it just....ugh.

If I were running the show on something like that, which I will, don't worry that'll make sense eventually, I'd use wording directly from the games, from Archives, etc.
Paraphrasing doesn't necessarily make something inaccurate. If I picked up a turquoise stone and referred to it as "greenish blue", I wouldn't be wrong.

Quote :
I'm not gonna try to word it my own way and sound like a jackass. That'd be hypocritical.
How is rewording something that might be copyrighted hypocritical or "sounding like a jackass"? Suspect

Quote :
In conclusion, I don't use RE Wiki and don't look at it as a credible source, despite whatever percentages, fractions or pie charts you might show.
What you think or do doesn't matter.

Quote :
And if anybody mentions that they use RE Wiki as a credible source, I'm not gonna ever hate them for it, but I might poke fun at it, and if you ain't down with that, I've got two words for you....I bet you know the rest.
Yeah, you know, I'm not down with that and I don't appreciate being told to "suck it" in response, which I find far below the position of someone entrusted with managing a community. Whether you consider RE Wiki as a credible source or not is your own damn business, but you have absolutely no right to criticize others that feel otherwise, no matter what kind of RE brainiac you see yourself as.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
That's what I'm going with til I hear otherwise.
[/quote]
What proof do you base that on? Sounding like Krauser is circumstantial at best, otherwise Naomi Hunter and Emma Emmerich would be the same person because Jennifer Hale voiced both, Desmond Miles and Nathan Drake would be the same person because Nolan North voiced both, and Leon Kennedy and Specter are the same person because Paul Mercier voiced both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some news on Damnation   Finally some news on Damnation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally some news on Damnation
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next