HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters

Go down 
+11
chocotricks
Methsia
Bub537
Spike991
RaviorStygian
Cyberote
NiteKrawler
The Knife
TeRoR KiD
Ghost Leader
Monster Mash
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Well, I always thought that Steve and David, in particular, suffered from it. It's the thousand yard stare. (It's more noticeable with Steve after he kills his father and during End of the Road for David.)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:51 am

abrax894 wrote:
it's not something you can train out of your body.
HUNK did. But he's HUNK, so he doesn't count.

Btw. Use the edit button on top of your post if you want to add something. This to avoid double posting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
abrax894 wrote:
it's not something you can train out of your body.
HUNK did. But he's HUNK, so he doesn't count.
No, he didn't. His training enables him to suppress it longer, but he's still just as susceptible to it as anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:50 am

The only reason why HUNK seems oblivious to fear is that we never see his facial expressions.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:43 am

Monster Mash wrote:
The only reason why HUNK seems oblivious to fear is that we never see his facial expressions.
Even so, he's an experienced warrior. When you go to war, you leave your emotions at home because you've no need of them. Hunk knows this.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 am

abrax894 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Emotionless in RE4? Don't you mean Degeneration?

Many of the characters of RE probably don't even have PTSD. Many of them were trained very well, but I would bet money that at least a few have at least a slight version of it. Nightmares and such.

That too. *facepalm*

BUt even then, Leon DID show a disturbing lack of emotion in RE4. I mean, the only ones I can remember are two certain characters dying and Leon calling Saddler a bastard.
Right, he showed frustration with saddler, and hate whenever mike and luis each died. not to mention any time ashley was captured. ″What did you do to her?!″

Also, training DOES NOT prevent PTSD. PTSD is a natural reaction our body has to extremely stressful situations. Training can suppress it, for a time and allow you to continue to operate throughout the situation but it WILL NOT EVER completely get rid of it, it's not possible. Some people handle it better then others and find an outlet for it. Hell, some people get to actually like it, it's like a drug for them, but your average everyday joe, even your extremely well trained soldiers, get PTSD all the time, it's not something you can train out of your body.

I never said training could abolish PTSD. But when you go through certain training your mind hardens just as much as your physical body and can take more strain than normal. And I have never heard of anyone "liking" or even "getting used to" PTSD. It completely tears a person apart. If you can link to some reliable, academic source that states that anyone has ever come to like having PTSD, I would love to read it.
Back to top Go down
abrax894
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:06 am

[quote="NiteKrawler"][quote="abrax894"][quote="Spike991"]
The Knife wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Emotionless in RE4? Don't you mean Degeneration?

Many of the characters of RE probably don't even have PTSD. Many of them were trained very well, but I would bet money that at least a few have at least a slight version of it. Nightmares and such.

I never said training could abolish PTSD. But when you go through certain training your mind hardens just as much as your physical body and can take more strain than normal. And I have never heard of anyone "liking" or even "getting used to" PTSD. It completely tears a person apart. If you can link to some reliable, academic source that states that anyone has ever come to like having PTSD, I would love to read it.

Well that sure looks like what you said, but maybe that's just me. As for what I said, I was unclear, what I was referring to wasn't so much PTSD it was the actual situations themselves. There are people who simply get off on heavy combat. I know of at least 2 of my friends who were first boots on the ground back '01 and they have been back 6 times since. They described the combat they experienced as 'Better then sex'. It's an adrenaline rush like no other. Would I personally know? No, I don't really like the idea of getting shot at. Could I go through if need be? Yeah I think I could, I'd probably shit my pants afterwards though, training or no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2