HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters

Go down 
+11
chocotricks
Methsia
Bub537
Spike991
RaviorStygian
Cyberote
NiteKrawler
The Knife
TeRoR KiD
Ghost Leader
Monster Mash
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters Empty
PostSubject: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 pm

This video got me thinking:

How do you think that the characters of RE deal with PTSD? I mean, I can't see how they can't have at least some. Chris looks extremely shook up from the Kijuju incident, and he's a trained operative. What about civilians like Claire or the characters from the Outbreak games? I mean, they have to have nightmares at least from time to time, yet we hardly ever hear anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Everyone deals with PTSD in their own way. As far as Chris goes, that commercial was part of RE5's ridiculous "fear you can't forget" campaign and isn't really representative of the characters in-game.

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Rebecca is about the only one who appears to suffer from any sort of stress caused by the different incidents. She goes from being cool as a cucumber in RE0 to being rather distrubed in RE1.

Her nightmare in Umbrella Chronicles with the Yawn is also my favourite video in the game.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:40 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
She goes from being cool as a cucumber in RE0 to being rather distrubed in RE1.
Lol That's the last phrase I'd ever use to describe Rebecca. Now if she were wearing sunglasses... lol!
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:06 am

PTSD, huh? Might explain why Leon is an emotionless f**k in RE4.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:50 am

Emotionless in RE4? Don't you mean Degeneration?

Many of the characters of RE probably don't even have PTSD. Many of them were trained very well, but I would bet money that at least a few have at least a slight version of it. Nightmares and such.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:59 am

If you pay attention in RE5, you can tell that Chris is definitely hurt and stressed out due to recent events. And think of all the emotions he must've felt when he found out Jill was working with Wesker. You can see it all over his face. And even before that when Jill sacrificed herself to save him. Imagine your long time partner of 7 years (I think it was) sacrificing her own life to save yours, thus leaving you alone in an eerie mansion filled with those freaky guardians. Though Chris still made it out okay, but imagine what was running through his head the entire time between then and RE5.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:47 pm

I think some of them experience it off screen in the time between games. It would be interesting to see a second case of it in a game though.

Poor Rebecca. She had to pretty much marathon two terrible nightmares with little to no sleep. It's no wonder she didn't fight so good in RE1.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:28 pm

I just want to let everyone know that Rebecca really did not show much in the way of PTSD symptoms. People rarely function at all when they have PTSD.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 pm

The Knife wrote:
He had emotions. sarcasm mustve been leons defense mechanism.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
He had emotions. sarcasm mustve been leons defense mechanism.
Similar to Noah's on TribeTwelve. It's evident in his formspring account.

Sometimes not giving a poop, or acting like it, may help with fear. It also makes Leon seem less intimidated to his enemies.

Of course Leon's a pretty tough guy.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah thats exactly what i was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:43 pm

The Knife wrote:

Dude I thought I was the only one who felt this way. He had such a bright personality in RE2. I feel like the developers were too worried about making him more cool than human. Paul Haddad is better than Paul Mercier to me.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:

Dude I thought I was the only one who felt this way. He had such a bright personality in RE2. I feel like the developers were too worried about making him more cool than human. Paul Haddad is better than Paul Mercier to me.
no way. leon showed plenty of human emotions and qaulities in re4, and was a perfect development from re2 leon. degeneration is when he become a robot with a strange face.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:

no way. leon showed plenty of human emotions and qaulities in re4, and was a perfect development from re2 leon. degeneration is when he become a robot with a strange face.

Exactly. It was kind of funny when he would just stand there motionless and rattle off facts. I think that experience in Spain probably rattled him to an extreme degree, and he was trying to hide it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:

Exactly. It was kind of funny when he would just stand there motionless and rattle off facts. I think that experience in Spain probably rattled him to an extreme degree, and he was trying to hide it.
Well he did have to deal with some of the worst horrors in any re game in spain, like ashley's screamig. theres probly a logical reason, but i think they just tried to make him uber cool, and in the process made him super lame, in degeneration.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Well he did have to deal with some of the worst horrors in any re game in spain, like ashley's screamig.
Yeah, her screaming would make even Jill lose it and want to end it all. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Well he did have to deal with some of the worst horrors in any re game in spain, like ashley's screamig.
Yeah, her screaming would make even Jill lose it and want to end it all. Razz
LEON HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:43 am

In reality they would be half peachy keen.
Seriously now. You would be a little
effed up after seeing zombies eating your friends
or the local police. Neutral
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am

Claire sent him a text saying LEON HELP!

He no longer has a phone
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Many of the characters of RE probably don't even have PTSD. Many of them were trained very well, but I would bet money that at least a few have at least a slight version of it. Nightmares and such.

That too. *facepalm*

BUt even then, Leon DID show a disturbing lack of emotion in RE4. I mean, the only ones I can remember are two certain characters dying and Leon calling Saddler a bastard.
Back to top Go down
ghoroob f3
Cerberus
Cerberus
ghoroob f3

Playstation Network AFN5-code

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 pm

I think they show little emotions related to friends not to their situations
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 pm

The Knife wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

That too. *facepalm*

BUt even then, Leon DID show a disturbing lack of emotion in RE4. I mean, the only ones I can remember are two certain characters dying and Leon calling Saddler a bastard.
Right, he showed frustration with saddler, and hate whenever mike and luis each died. not to mention any time ashley was captured. ″What did you do to her?!″
Back to top Go down
abrax894
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:33 pm

The Knife wrote:

I wouldn't say he was emotionless, when your IN the situation you can't very well break down and cry or shit your pants every time something bad happens. You wait until the end of the mission THEN shit your pants. Until then your pretty much on autopilot, letting your training do the work, your body just responds. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't SOME scars from those events but Leon is a professional, he wouldn't let the situation affect the mission.
Back to top Go down
abrax894
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

That too. *facepalm*

Right, he showed frustration with saddler, and hate whenever mike and luis each died. not to mention any time ashley was captured. ″What did you do to her?!″

Also, training DOES NOT prevent PTSD. PTSD is a natural reaction our body has to extremely stressful situations. Training can suppress it, for a time and allow you to continue to operate throughout the situation but it WILL NOT EVER completely get rid of it, it's not possible. Some people handle it better then others and find an outlet for it. Hell, some people get to actually like it, it's like a drug for them, but your average everyday joe, even your extremely well trained soldiers, get PTSD all the time, it's not something you can train out of your body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters   Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome of RE characters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next