Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil What-ifs

Go down 
+10
Methsia
PAULSAMSON
HUNK'syouruncle
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Monster Mash
The Knife
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
RaviorStygian
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
CAPCOM said that the addition of Sheva didn't have anything to do with the racism comments.
duh. what else were they gonna say, ¨Sorry peeps, we were being racist but since someone pointed it out we added sheva to make up for it.¨ also lets not play the, I dont see hownthat affected it game, when clearly there are many, many things that were changed, and suspiciously seeming to avoid racism. i followed the game very closely and saw the changes and had many discussions on the topic. there were so many changes other than sheva, not that her role in the game wasnt enough to lessen the enjoyment. and i better not have to explain why she negatively affected re5.

I will say why she negatively affected RE5 and sorry to be blunt towards sheva but she was a dumbass and annoying
as hell, got hurt a tiny bit and used all your herbs and health sprays. Also here partner mechanics were infuriating.
Her character was annoying, period. the mechanics made the situation even worse. of course we have to play as chris the first run, and i wouldnt have had it any other way, but since sheva reakky just seemed like she was tagging along, and getting in the way, the AI's personality really seemed like sheva's. I NEED HEALLLLTHHHH.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
CAPCOM said that the addition of Sheva didn't have anything to do with the racism comments.
duh. what else were they gonna say, ¨Sorry peeps, we were being racist but since someone pointed it out we added sheva to make up for it.¨ also lets not play the, I dont see hownthat affected it game, when clearly there are many, many things that were changed, and suspiciously seeming to avoid racism. i followed the game very closely and saw the changes and had many discussions on the topic. there were so many changes other than sheva, not that her role in the game wasnt enough to lessen the enjoyment. and i better not have to explain why she negatively affected re5.

What changes were to make it look less racist? The only big ones that I noticed were Chris' clothes, the chainsaw majini using the ax, and a slightly different scenario in the public assembly. There were also a few cutscenes that I felt would have been good to include, but nothing that looked like it could be construed as racist.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Spike991 wrote:

I will say why she negatively affected RE5 and sorry to be blunt towards sheva but she was a dumbass and annoying
as hell, got hurt a tiny bit and used all your herbs and health sprays. Also here partner mechanics were infuriating.
Her character was annoying, period. the mechanics made the situation even worse. of course we have to play as chris the first run, and i wouldnt have had it any other way, but since sheva reakky just seemed like she was tagging along, and getting in the way, the AI's personality really seemed like sheva's. I NEED HEALLLLTHHHH.[/quote]

When I think back to playing RE5 on solo it makes me wont to push my thumbs deep into eye sockets
so I dont need to see how bad her character mechanics, Also getting punch in the balls wasn't as painfull as
the amount of times you used up healing items.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh jeez, not the racism talk again D: The game never was and never will be racist. Period.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:28 pm

This topic is turning into something more suited for a youtube comment sections.
Whether its racist or not, its not for us to decide that is the laws business, we as fans love the game so
we should just let the arguments get settled out legit and not by us.
Also all the racism talk is in the past, lets move on shall we ?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 pm

The game was construed as racist because of a demo (or a trailer, I don't remember) that only had the African majini in it. The Caucasian and Arab variations hadn't been put in yet.

N'Guy Coal (or whatever his name is) is probably also a closet black supremacist who wants to genocide everyone on earth who isn't black.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
The game was construed as racist because of a demo (or a trailer, I don't remember) that only had the African majini in it. The Caucasian and Arab variations hadn't been put in yet.

N'Guy Coal (or whatever his name is) is probably also a closet black supremacist who wants to genocide everyone on earth who isn't black.
That is exactly it. i believe it was the first teaser or the first legit trailer that sparked it all. anyway, its pretty much common sense at this point, and Mash, i can only assume two things, either you are completely ignorant regarding this situation or are just trying to be stupid, either way, i think its pretty clear at tjis point, the cause of the misguided rascism claims, how it affected the game's development, evidence being the obvious differences between earlier stuff shown and the final product, and lastly, how fans such as myself were met with much dissapointment. End of story. Damn, im ready to bust a cap now.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:47 pm

I've known about the controversy for a while, it's just that nothing I saw in the final version of the game made it look any less "racist" than the beginning product. The majini were still overwhelmingly black and no less vicious. I can see how it might have influenced the decision to have fewer women majini, as there were far more in the commercials than in the final product.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:18 pm

For the record, I didn't mind Sheva's character. Sure, it would have been nice if she was Rebecca instead, but I didn't really dislike her.

The Ai was less than serviceable, but it doesn't ruin the game for me, and it's perfect aim can come in handy if you give it a magnum.

That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
I've known about the controversy for a while, it's just that nothing I saw in the final version of the game made it look any less "racist" than the beginning product. The majini were still overwhelmingly black and no less vicious. I can see how it might have influenced the decision to have fewer women majini, as there were far more in the commercials than in the final product.
i guess a lot of what i saw was all of the dialogue between chris and sheva felt like capcom was forcing us to bond and get to know her...most everything felt like it was meant to make sheva a part of everything, when she had 0 to do with certain situations and feuds that are way before her time in re. other things in addition to sheva were the enemies. there was never a majini with blue eyes and blond hair til the final stuff. tbh, i think you take anothet re5 run and just really look for all that stuff. i know in my heart that if those comments were never made, re5 would have been, maybe not totally different, but pretty different, and in a hugely positive way, IF that is. What If.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:42 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
For the record, I didn't mind Sheva's character. Sure, it would have been nice if she was Rebecca instead, but I didn't really dislike her.

The Ai was less than serviceable, but it doesn't ruin the game for me, and it's perfect aim can come in handy if you give it a magnum.

That's my opinion.

I agree. I like Sheva as a character, I just wish her character had been developed more. And yes, give her a magnum and she'll end up doing more than her share.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

That's my opinion.

I agree. I like Sheva as a character, I just wish her character had been developed more. And yes, give her a magnum and she'll end up doing more than her share.
during the wesker fights, take away all her weapons and give her 9 first aids, then you can almost hsve the one on one we should have.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Spike991 wrote:
i guess a lot of what i saw was all of the dialogue between chris and sheva felt like capcom was forcing us to bond and get to know her...most everything felt like it was meant to make sheva a part of everything, when she had 0 to do with certain situations and feuds that are way before her time in re. other things in addition to sheva were the enemies. there was never a majini with blue eyes and blond hair til the final stuff. tbh, i think you take anothet re5 run and just really look for all that stuff. i know in my heart that if those comments were never made, re5 would have been, maybe not totally different, but pretty different, and in a hugely positive way, IF that is. What If.

I think that the phrase "fallen brothers" was used too much. I think that the bond between the characters might have been made better if there has been more dialogue between the two about their past, maybe with some flashbacks thrown in. And even though she wasn't part of the earlier storylines, I think bringing her into the story with Wesker was good; remember that it was Umbrella who killed her parents.

As to the majini, to be picky, none of them had blue eyes, since all of the hosts' eyes turn red. As to the race thing, the ones at the end probably looked different because they were Wesker and Tricell's personal militia, and maybe not all originally from Kijuju. One thing I did find interesting about the development of RE5 was that in alot of the promotions, they mentioned that the cause of the outbreak would be a neurotoxin, not parasites. Yet when we got to the game, it was simply an updated form of the same species that we saw in RE4. I wonder if that was the plan all along, or if late in development, they decided to use las plagas to build on their popularity from the previous game.

If the racism controversy hadn't erupted, how do you think that the game would have been different? I'm honestly curious, since in looking at some of the earlier footage, the game looks pretty much the same minus a handful of cutscenes, some lighting changes (which may only have been in there specifically for the ads), no Sheva, the chainsaw majini carrying the ax (some scenes you also see him with the chainsaw), and a more intense fight scene at the public assembly. Noticeable changes, but nothing that would have really altered the game that much (if Mass is correct that Sheva was planned to have been put in all along).
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

That's my opinion.

during the wesker fights, take away all her weapons and give her 9 first aids, then you can almost hsve the one on one we should have.
Actually, Wesker was so incredibly easy that the epicness was kind of reduced. He's child's play. Easier than that, actually. It's disappointing, but the fight is still epic and satisfying enough.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:07 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

That's my opinion.

Actually, Wesker was so incredibly easy that the epicness was kind of reduced. He's child's play. Easier than that, actually. It's disappointing, but the fight is still epic and satisfying enough.

He's easy as long as you don't get hit at all. Also, that's canceled out by the fact that Sheva often gets herself shot by Jill even if you're doing well against Wesker. The later fights are pretty simple, though.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 pm

On a sidenote, I think that some of the lyrics in that video I posted perfectly fit the RE saga. I think I'll put them in my sig tomorrow.

"Dead is dead can be
The doctor tells me
But I just can't believe him
Never the optimistic one."
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:14 pm

I think it's pretty silly that you can actually hide from Wesker. It's like he can't see more than 10 feet ahead of him. Just run around the structure in the middle of the arena and fire a rocket. I could understand if he was injected before the fight. that would have at least make sense because he barely fights at all in the actual boss fight. You shouldn't be able to just run right by him with him not caring. It just doesn't make sense. If you get even a little close to him, he should immediately try to hurt you, and every time too.

As for the second form, wait for him to do the spinning tentacle move, then run behind him and do some button mashing to kill him instantly.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:02 am

Monster Mash wrote:
(if Mass is correct that Sheva was planned to have been put in all along).
She was, check this site: [link]

If that original version got out I think people would've bonded better with her character.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

What if the characters actually had to take bathroom brakes during the games?
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 pm

They don't have to cause they're probably pissing their pants the whole way through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil What-ifs
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4