Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil What-ifs

Go down 
+10
Methsia
PAULSAMSON
HUNK'syouruncle
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Monster Mash
The Knife
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
RaviorStygian
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:51 am

Quote :
What if n'gai croal never made stupid, ignorant comments before re5 came out.

Then RE5 would probably be twice as bad ass
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:34 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Quote :

No it would be the same amount of awesomeness. Those accusations shouldn't influence how good a game is.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Cyberote wrote:
What if in Chris's scenario in RE1, Barry had made it to the mansion instead of Jill?

"You were almost a Chris sandwich!"

You can kind of get a Chris Sandwich in RE5. Play LiN and if playing as Jill, Chris may turn into a sandwich. If you're playing as Chris, it'll just be a plain ol' Jill Sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Cyberote wrote:
What if in Chris's scenario in RE1, Barry had made it to the mansion instead of Jill?

"You were almost a Chris sandwich!"
Actually, in the beta version of RE1, there is a scene where Barry saves Chris from the same situation.
Really? That's awesome! Ya learn something new every day

@TheKnife: Yeah I often make jokes about Jill saying "You were almost a Chris sandwich! ...What!? It's funny when I almost die, but it's not when Chris almost dies!?"
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:08 pm

It'd be funny if Barry said it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Everything's funny when Barry says it.

What if Barry was the main character instead of Chris? Wesker would've blackmailed Chris by saying he has people watching Claire. Then Chris would go off and never to be seen again. The Rockfort Island incident probably wouldn't have turned out right since Barry has no real connection to Claire. She probably would've died. But how awesome would it be if in RE5, Barry had fought Wesker? That would've been pretty cool to see Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 am

Cyberote wrote:
But how awesome would it be if in RE5, Barry had fought Wesker? That would've been pretty cool to see Smile
Again, something that would've happened in the beta version of RE5 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:33 am

What if RE6 info was released? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:59 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
What if RE6 info was released? Razz
That's why I'm rummaging through http://www.screwattack.com/ as they always seem to have first hand info.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Methsia wrote:
What if... Chris didn't take Steroids.
What if... you showed proof that he actually did and that this steroid crap isn't just people bitching about not liking buff Chris? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:48 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
chocotricks wrote:
Quote :

No it would be the same amount of awesomeness. Those accusations shouldn't influence how good a game is.
I think you misunderstood. those accusations didnt directly affect my enjoyment, that would be stupid. the accusations affected capcom's development, thus turning re5 into a game that tries too hard not to be racist, which it shouldnt have had to. so those ignorant comments indirectly affected my game that i was super excited for, and in many ways was met with dissapiontment.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
chocotricks wrote:
Quote :

I think you misunderstood. those accusations didnt directly affect my enjoyment, that would be stupid. the accusations affected capcom's development, thus turning re5 into a game that tries too hard not to be racist, which it shouldnt have had to. so those ignorant comments indirectly affected my game that i was super excited for, and in many ways was met with dissapiontment.

I know about the racism controversy, but how exactly did it affect development? Judging by this footage, it looked like it originally was a far darker game:

Nevertheless, with the exception of the addition of Sheva, I can't see how they tried to be anti-racist. Still, the lighting for this looked perfect, and there are some awesome scenes that were cut out.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Well I can really only see it racist in 1 way and that was the option to beat your way the fuck out of hoards with your fist, but even then come on its in fucking africa GOD PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID SOMETIMES D<
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:56 pm

CAPCOM said that the addition of Sheva didn't have anything to do with the racism comments.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:10 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
CAPCOM said that the addition of Sheva didn't have anything to do with the racism comments.

If it was, it was a pretty poor attempt. I mean, if you want to offset the narrative of lone white hero vs. black hordes, the last thing that you want to do is introduce a protagonist that is supposed to respresent the natives yet does not look anything like them. Given the fact that Kijuju seemed to have noticeable white and Arab minorities, Sheva's appearance is not implausible, but her heavily anglicized features might give the impression that a the game's creators are trying to send the message that a 100% black African could never be a noble character. Don't get me wrong, I always thought that the racism accusations were a crock of shit (if anything, the presence of Josh and Doug should have shown that there was no racism), but I seriously think that Sheva could have been made to look more sub-Saharan.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:38 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
She was already present in the Beta version anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I thought barry was your partner in the Beta version ?
Or was he in the alpha testing ?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:15 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I thought barry was your partner in the Beta version ?
Or was he in the alpha testing ?
They were both in the game, Sheva being a part of some rebel group.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:17 am

Feeling that RE5 had any level of racism is really silly in my opinion.

Video games were meant to be fun. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stop reading into it too much.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:25 am

What, black people can't be infected with parasites? They aren't allowed?!

Razz
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:28 am

RaviorStygian wrote:

Razz

Yeah man. Black people are like aliens! so weird lol
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:08 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:

Razz

Yeah but its okay for RE to be shooting white people that are infected?
Why is some people always complain about racism, look at the rascim white people face day to day or comments
that "should" be deemed as racist but he dont even bat and eye from it.
If Capcom was being racist then they would have had RE set in africa all the time or have black enemies in every game.
Also most black people were outraged at the people claiming it was racist.
Also africa has had worst hostility situations than RE portrayed in real life, look at Rwanda in the 90's ?
To be honest Capcom was just being realistic lol
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:12 pm

I a viral outbreak like that occurs in Africa, who's going to get infected? Crackers? Nah nah.

I wish we were at a point where race isn't even considered in an argument, or isn't even thought about. Unless of course for describing someone that the police are after. That usually helps.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:57 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
duh. what else were they gonna say, ¨Sorry peeps, we were being racist but since someone pointed it out we added sheva to make up for it.¨ also lets not play the, I dont see hownthat affected it game, when clearly there are many, many things that were changed, and suspiciously seeming to avoid racism. i followed the game very closely and saw the changes and had many discussions on the topic. there were so many changes other than sheva, not that her role in the game wasnt enough to lessen the enjoyment. and i better not have to explain why she negatively affected re5.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
duh. what else were they gonna say, ¨Sorry peeps, we were being racist but since someone pointed it out we added sheva to make up for it.¨ also lets not play the, I dont see hownthat affected it game, when clearly there are many, many things that were changed, and suspiciously seeming to avoid racism. i followed the game very closely and saw the changes and had many discussions on the topic. there were so many changes other than sheva, not that her role in the game wasnt enough to lessen the enjoyment. and i better not have to explain why she negatively affected re5.

I will say why she negatively affected RE5 and sorry to be blunt towards sheva but she was a dumbass and annoying
as hell, got hurt a tiny bit and used all your herbs and health sprays. Also here partner mechanics were infuriating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil What-ifs   Resident Evil What-ifs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil What-ifs
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next