Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
New Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
New Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
New Characters - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
New Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
New Characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
New Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
New Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

New Characters

Go down 
+6
NiteKrawler
Mcghie
Vandal
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
PAULSAMSON
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

New Characters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:11 am

I see the reboot thing is starting to stir up again. Like Dan Landis said: Here, become more informed through the power of this [link]. It's the same thing as in my sig.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 am

Monster Mash wrote:
Ashley was a lame character in RE4, but maybe they could make it that her hostage experience changes her, and she goes into serious military training and joins the BSAA.
Yeah, I can't see that happening in any believable manner. scratch

RaviorStygian wrote:
It'll be a reboot in the same way RE4 was.
Except RE4 wasn't a reboot because it continued the canon set by the previous games.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I see the reboot thing is starting to stir up again. Like Dan Landis said: Here, become more informed through the power of this [link]. It's the same thing as in my sig.
Mr. Landis' exact words are, "People say Resident Evil 4 was a reboot for the Resident Evil franchise". Who are these "people" exactly? He doesn't say who they are. He doesn't say if it's Capcom's "people" or if it's some douchebag IGN reviewer whose personal opinion is that RE4 is a reboot. He doesn't offer any credible proof that these "people" who say this have any credibility to make such a definite declaration. He doesn't even say whether or not he thinks RE4 is a reboot, only that "some people" do.

He's using something called a "weasel word", which is an informal term that makes it seem as if something factual has been said when in actuality he's only making a very vague claim that is anything but a fact. Nobody here is going to get any more informed from that link than we already were prior to reading it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:15 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mr. Landis' exact words are, "People say Resident Evil 4 was a reboot for the Resident Evil franchise". Who are these "people" exactly? He doesn't say who they are. He doesn't say if it's Capcom's "people" or if it's some douchebag IGN reviewer whose personal opinion is that RE4 is a reboot. He doesn't offer any credible proof that these "people" who say this have any credibility to make such a definite declaration. He doesn't even say whether or not he thinks RE4 is a reboot, only that "some people" do.

He's using something called a "weasel word", which is an informal term that makes it seem as if something factual has been said when in actuality he's only making a very vague claim that is anything but a fact. Nobody here is going to get any more informed from that link than we already were prior to reading it.
"Here, become more informed through the power of this link." That's what Dan Landis (from RipTen) said. The guy in the article is Christian Svensson. Besides, it's better than nothing. I've seen a lot of people saying RE4 was a reboot, mostly pissed off fans and such on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:10 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Seriously, just imagine how awesome it would have been if Rebecca was Chris' partner in RE5 instead if Sheva. I like Sheva and all, but I think I think it would have been amazing if Rebecca was there instead. I can already picture her in some scenes.

This idea really makes me happy. I just wish it was what happened. Rebecca is easily my favorite of the female protagonists.
FFFFFFF- What the hell?! That would have been friggin AWESOME! I don't know why I didn't think of that before, hell, I always play Chris and make my friends play Sheva, it would have been completely different if Rebecca replaced Sheva. She's my favorite too, a redesign is definitely in order.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:25 pm

"We're making some drastic changes to a series to update it and keep it relevant," said Svensson. "We're not ready to talk about it any time soon but let's just say it's ambitious."

"There are a variety of definitions that people have for what a reboot means, said Svensson "To me, a reboot means a new direction, a brand new update for the franchise. That doesn't mean you throw everything away and start from scratch. People say Resident Evil 4 was a reboot for the Resident Evil franchise? Did Resident Evil 4 throw away all of the series canon and start from scratch? It didn't."

Seems damn clear to me. They are just going to change up the gameplay and game mechanics like RE4 did. It's still going to continue the series' storyline.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
"We're making some drastic changes to a series to update it and keep it relevant," said Svensson. "We're not ready to talk about it any time soon but let's just say it's ambitious."

"There are a variety of definitions that people have for what a reboot means, said Svensson "To me, a reboot means a new direction, a brand new update for the franchise. That doesn't mean you throw everything away and start from scratch. People say Resident Evil 4 was a reboot for the Resident Evil franchise? Did Resident Evil 4 throw away all of the series canon and start from scratch? It didn't."

Seems damn clear to me. They are just going to change up the gameplay and game mechanics like RE4 did. It's still going to continue the series' storyline.

Sounds like a promising turn for Resident evil.
I just hope they find a better style than RE5, it was good but I want the new mechanics to be amazing.
Suppose we will just need to wait and see the outcome.
Also hope zombies will make a return.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Seriously, just imagine how awesome it would have been if Rebecca was Chris' partner in RE5 instead if Sheva. I like Sheva and all, but I think I think it would have been amazing if Rebecca was there instead. I can already picture her in some scenes.

This idea really makes me happy. I just wish it was what happened. Rebecca is easily my favorite of the female protagonists.
FFFFFFF- What the hell?! That would have been friggin AWESOME! I don't know why I didn't think of that before, hell, I always play Chris and make my friends play Sheva, it would have been completely different if Rebecca replaced Sheva. She's my favorite too, a redesign is definitely in order.
I know right! That probably would have made RE5 my favorite, because it would enhance the story to even more epicness.

Plus, it would give the partner character even more incentive to find Jill, since I'm sure Rebecca knew Jill and was probably friends with her (if I'm correct her desk was right behind her desk). I think it would have been a better choice overall.

I mean, just picture any of the scenes with Sheva in it and replace her with Rebecca's character model and voice with some original dialogue. It feels good to think about.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

"Here, become more informed through the power of this link." That's what Dan Landis (from RipTen) said. The guy in the article is Christian Svensson. Besides, it's better than nothing. I've seen a lot of people saying RE4 was a reboot, mostly pissed off fans and such on the internet.
Typo, sorry. But what I said about him using weasel words still stands. He isn't citing any actual authority, he's trying to pass off his opinion of what a reboot is as fact when the word has a definition that contradicts his opinion. Try going to Wikipedia and getting something passed off as verified fact with the words "some people say..." and see what happens. I guarantee you'll get other editors wanting to know precisely who these "people" are and what credibility they have. That's what I want to know, who these "people" he's citing as a source are, but he isn't saying. If you can show me an official source of Capcom stating RE4 is a reboot without using weasel words such as "some people say..." or "many fans think...", I'll concede. But until then, not a chance.

Fans don't have authority over the franchise to state as that RE4 is an official reboot, only the creator(s) do. If they did, Chris and Jill would be married with a dozen kids while simultaneously carrying on homosexual relationships with Wesker and Rebecca...
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:26 pm

What they could do is expand on the international aspect; instead of taking place in one country during the game, characters coudl travel to different ones. It could have alot of espionage and MI-style storylines. Old characters could be brought in, but newer ones would undoubtedly pop up.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:26 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Typo, sorry. But what I said about him using weasel words still stands. He isn't citing any actual authority, he's trying to pass off his opinion of what a reboot is as fact when the word has a definition that contradicts his opinion. Try going to Wikipedia and getting something passed off as verified fact with the words "some people say..." and see what happens. I guarantee you'll get other editors wanting to know precisely who these "people" are and what credibility they have. That's what I want to know, who these "people" he's citing as a source are, but he isn't saying. If you can show me an official source of Capcom stating RE4 is a reboot without using weasel words such as "some people say..." or "many fans think...", I'll concede. But until then, not a chance.

Fans don't have authority over the franchise to state as that RE4 is an official reboot, only the creator(s) do. If they did, Chris and Jill would be married with a dozen kids while simultaneously carrying on homosexual relationships with Wesker and Rebecca...
I guess you're right, but I'm still sticking to this. It's the most official source we have for now and it'll do for me. I doubt they will be doing a complete reboot anyway.

"Svensson also clarified Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi's comments that the sixth instalment would be a 'complete reboot'"

I take it that Takeuchi's comment was mistranslated or something like that. We're talking about RE6 here anyway, not RE4. Even though Svensson used it as a comparison in the article.

Also what Nite said on the last page.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:23 pm

I don't get it. It's perfectly clear at what they are aiming to do. We argue semantics all day, but the fact remains: it is clear what they want to do. It is clear that they are continuing the story and not scrapping what has came before.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:44 pm

That's what I got out of it, yes. Waiting for September 15th to get more info. Just a month... Then we're pretty close to ORC getting released too.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm

And close to the most important day of the year.....My birthday Very Happy !!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 pm

ThomVD wrote:
And close to the most important day of the year.....My birthday Very Happy !!
Then the announcement is like the best birthday gift ever!
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:49 pm

A bit to early though, my b-day is on Sept. 19th
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:50 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Oh well, early gifts are always nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Oh well, early gifts are always nice Very Happy

Yeah. Better then late.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I guess you're right, but I'm still sticking to this. It's the most official source we have for now and it'll do for me. I doubt they will be doing a complete reboot anyway.
It may be from an official source, but he doesn't state as a matter of fact that RE4 is a reboot, only that "some people" say it is. After all, "some people" say aliens are visiting earth, "some people" say there's a dinosaur living in Loch Ness, "some people" say 9/11 was an inside job, and "some people" say there's a 9" tall primate roaming the forests of North America. But I have yet to see any concrete evidence to prove any of it is true.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:05 am

I don't care if RE4 was a reboot or not. All I care is that RE6 won't be one in the literal sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Characters   New Characters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Characters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2