HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)

Go down 
+10
weskersbarber
Jamesy
ChrisSherry
Spike991
chocotricks
Jacen Dex
ace.redfield
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
sirjibbs323
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:17 am

The reason why Capcom designed Chris to be "overly muscular" in Resident Evil 5 was because of several reasons:

A: It was supposed to be a one player experiece, not a two player. This is important to note because the other points involve this.

B: There was supposed to be a shortage of ammunition. With it being one player with little or no ammo, Capcom realized that Chris would often get into sticky situations with no help at all. So they decided to give the player the option to beat magini into silly pulp with his bare hands, albeit you won't live very long either way. It was supposed to be apart of the survival horror aspect. So design goes into practicality, the artists and developers think this through. Unfortunately we did get to have that experience.

C: They wanted to show development in his character. At first people thought Leon was buff by comparison to Residnt Evil 2 and he was. But c'mon, he's working under the direct order of the president, they need someone strong. Looking at Chris, it doesn't bother me that he's changed over the years. I'm glad they did that, cause his look was starting to bore me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 pm

He needed to push his strength to the max to fight albert wesker as well.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Jamesy wrote:
He needed to push his strength to the max to fight albert wesker as well.

yes chris got owned by wesker in CVX that's why he buffed up
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 pm

If getting owned means making someone retreat, then yes. Chris got owned.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:30 am

Chris still got owned big time by Wesker in RE5.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:37 am

Jamesy wrote:
Chris still got owned big time by Wesker in RE5.

but who got owned in the ending... hmm not jill, not sheva and not chris
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 am

Well yeah i mean only in the parts of RE5 where they had physical fights.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:36 pm

Mercy wrote:
The reason why Capcom designed Chris to be "overly muscular" in Resident Evil 5 was because of several reasons:

A: It was supposed to be a one player experiece, not a two player. This is important to note because the other points involve this.

B: There was supposed to be a shortage of ammunition. With it being one player with little or no ammo, Capcom realized that Chris would often get into sticky situations with no help at all. So they decided to give the player the option to beat magini into silly pulp with his bare hands, albeit you won't live very long either way. It was supposed to be apart of the survival horror aspect. So design goes into practicality, the artists and developers think this through. Unfortunately we did get to have that experience.

C: They wanted to show development in his character. At first people thought Leon was buff by comparison to Residnt Evil 2 and he was. But c'mon, he's working under the direct order of the president, they need someone strong. Looking at Chris, it doesn't bother me that he's changed over the years. I'm glad they did that, cause his look was starting to bore me anyway.

Probably all of those. I think Chris, and all of the main characters really, have developed really well. Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire.

I still hate thinking about what RE5 was going to be, and what we got. It's still great, and I should get over it, but I just can't.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Probably all of those. I think Chris, and all of the main characters really, have developed really well. Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire.

I still hate thinking about what RE5 was going to be, and what we got. It's still great, and I should get over it, but I just can't.

Dont worry spike I fell the same way Sad
The early details on the game made it jaw dropping and was so excited to see the end result,
but as time went on it kept straying away from what I first heard, then I played it, and dont get me wrong I still enjoyed it, but it did disappoint me because at first news it seemed we were going to be getting the really amazing RE that has never been done before and it ended up a copy and past of RE4. Shame on you Capcom Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm still against the thought that RE5 is a copy of RE4. It never really bothered me as games tend to change from the initial trailers and stuff.

What the hell am I still doing awake?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm still against the thought that RE5 is a copy of RE4. It never really bothered me as games tend to change from the initial trailers and stuff.

What the hell am I still doing awake?

I didn't go over the top crazy at the game, but it was a bit let down :/
I just think the game could have had better changes it just seemed like a polished up RE4 with a few added extras
in my opinion
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:54 pm

I agree that RE 5 was not a complete copy of RE 4, it was just some of the enemies were copies, and at a few times, it did let me down.

All in all, I like it though. It was nice to be chris again.

Last edited by The Joker on Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm

RE2 copied RE1's enemies.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:58 pm

True. Most resident evils that took place in Raccoon city, had the exact same enemies
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:06 pm

GTA: Vice City copied the gameplay and concept from GTA3.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:08 pm

I Don't really care for GTA at all
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Mario Bros. 3 copied Mario Bros. 1's enemies.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:21 pm

As well as adding new ones.
Mario Bros. 2 wasn't even mario anyways it was Doki doki panic, or something of that name, with mario textures put over it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Halo 2 copied Halo 1.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm

I am sorry, but what is the point we are arguing? I was not aware we were arguing until you kept telling me other games.

and on that matter, Halo 2, gave you a chance to see how the Covenant worked from the inside, the only things I can say that were copied was some of the enemies and Master chief (Who of course is going to be in the game).

We got Brutes, and Scarabs in Halo 2, which was a large difference from the first one. We got to actually pick up the plasma swords, and got to dual wield. If anything Halo 2 was the only halo that did not copy that much. We had new vehicles to drive, different environments, and a brand new story that Shaped it's predecessor(s) (If you count O.D.S.T. as one then it becomes plural)
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:36 pm

The point I am making is that RE5 did not copy RE4 any more than any other sequel has copied the game before it. I have just seen so many people saying that RE5 copied RE4's enemies. I think that is just a dumb thing to say. Both games had Las Plagas enemies. Of course the enemies are going to be the same.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:48 pm

I had said Some enemies. Newer ones did make appearances. I never said I did not like RE 5. So I hope you are not getting the impression that I hate it, or dislike it, or think it is unoriginal.

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:58 pm

I know you said some. I just chose now to make my point. I didn't think you didn't like RE5. I was referring directly to you, but to anyone who thinks RE5 copied 4. Which is obviously absurd.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:05 pm

I can see why people think it does copy RE 4, but I try to hold a nuetral opinion on the matter. Resident evil 5 is a great game, and has a very high Replay value to me.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:09 pm

I agree. But anyone who says RE5 copied 4, I could argue into the ground. It is just not logically true at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)   Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chances of billy coen surviveing(Grammer Correction)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next