HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?

Go down 
+40
Ben4Mieko
Voltius
umegames
Kino_00
ThomVD
RebelliousQueen
Outbreakgirl
00biohazard
kevdliu
Ghost Leader
toddx77
Sargent D
Bub537
The Knife
Cyberote
Monster Mash
Lupus Caelestis
GreggKennedy
ClaireRedfield18
hewitt204
jay397
chocotricks
The Joker
FullMetalWesker
Vandal
Mcghie
HarshlyCritical
ace.redfield
Jacen Dex
Lukong
lessermaster
nekronuke
Methsia
NiteKrawler
RaviorStygian
JamTyrantH
Jamesy
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Spike991
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Ben4Mieko
Cerberus
Cerberus
Ben4Mieko

Playstation Network Ben4Mieko

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Sheva was a good character, I thought. She made the game too.
Not just because it was set in Africa, but her whole attitude towards certain sections of the game helped her character to stand out. Especially when the trust was starting show around the middle to the end of the game.
And I doubt Chris could of beat Wesker by himself...or saved Jill from Tricell's 'P30' drug that controlled her. Like a Star @ heaven

Of course, for many people, they will always say that the AI was the reason they hated her...but if the AI was sorted out, she wouldn't be that bad. However, the AI wasn't too great on Operation Raccoon City either...
So it's these little things that might sway people to feel negative about her. Neutral

Now, I'm not saying she was my favourite support character or anything, but she did have her uses.
Like Missy said, she was always there to cure with green herbs when required and she did revive me a hell of a lot too.
Unfortunately, she had the tendency to waste a lot of ammo! Shocked
So I guess what I'm getting at, is that Sheva is a 'love her or hate her' character, depending how you play the game. And well, I didn't find too much wrong with her.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Ben4Mieko wrote:
Not just because it was set in Africa, but her whole attitude towards certain sections of the game helped her character to stand out. Especially when the trust was starting show around the middle to the end of the game.
And I doubt Chris could of beat Wesker by himself...or saved Jill from Tricell's 'P30' drug that controlled her. Like a Star @ heaven

Of course, for many people, they will always say that the AI was the reason they hated her...but if the AI was sorted out, she wouldn't be that bad. However, the AI wasn't too great on Operation Raccoon City either...
So it's these little things that might sway people to feel negative about her. Neutral

Now, I'm not saying she was my favourite support character or anything, but she did have her uses.
Like Missy said, she was always there to cure with green herbs when required and she did revive me a hell of a lot too.
Unfortunately, she had the tendency to waste a lot of ammo! Shocked
So I guess what I'm getting at, is that Sheva is a 'love her or hate her' character, depending how you play the game. And well, I didn't find too much wrong with her.

Exactly, Sheva is not that bad once you get used to her and know how to controlled her. That's what I'm tryin' to say whatever her AI was, we know it's bad. But still, it depends on how you play the game. Cause mine she was my healer. Yes also, she was a waste of ammo but she helped me alot when I was dying to kill that bitch Execella. Cause of Sheva I managed to defeat Execella. I can't forget that, cause I was so close at dying that moment then out of nowhere she got a herb and used it quick. Ha, she maybe a little headache at first but she's really working it out. I strongly agreed to Ben that the AI on ORC was worst! I couldn't agree more on this! I don't have to explain why I hated ORC. Well, I said it here like a million times and I guess everyone knows the reason why.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Ben4Mieko
Cerberus
Cerberus
Ben4Mieko

Playstation Network Ben4Mieko

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 6:16 pm

High five Missy! That's the way to tell 'em! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

Playstation Network the-evilking
Steam : Hoxton47

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:40 pm

I liked her..............when she was quiet or dead.
Back to top Go down
JPHERO
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JPHERO

Playstation Network jphere09

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:47 pm

haha claire i agree with you on the AI of orc they ran into damn fire and shit it was some funny shit lol But the game it's self wasn't that bad at all
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/japhere09
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Ben4Mieko wrote:
Not just because it was set in Africa, but her whole attitude towards certain sections of the game helped her character to stand out.

Her attitude certainly did make her stand out from other characters in the series. Other characters seemed to have a purpose, while she was just a filler.

And that trust and bond was seemingly built, but i never felt a bond with her. Despite how numerous characters like Wesker, Excella, Irving, Josh, etc. referred to Chris and Sheva together, she was really just tagging along for the ride.

She felt forced on us, like we were forced to like her and her overly optimistic attitude, while characters like Steve did their own whiny thing, and actually earned the respect of some fans, while having a large hate-fanbase.

Honestly, how retarded at the endnfor Jill to point to two mounted Rpg's for Chris and Sheva to use on DC Douglas Wesker.

And lame for Chris to be all, ready partner? to sheva. Even at the end when he was saying it was over, he looked right to sheva, instead of his real partner, Jill Valentine.
Back to top Go down
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

Playstation Network the-evilking
Steam : Hoxton47

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Exactly.
(⌐■_■)
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ben4Mieko wrote:
Not just because it was set in Africa, but her whole attitude towards certain sections of the game helped her character to stand out.

Her attitude certainly did make her stand out from other characters in the series. Other characters seemed to have a purpose, while she was just a filler.

And that trust and bond was seemingly built, but i never felt a bond with her. Despite how numerous characters like Wesker, Excella, Irving, Josh, etc. referred to Chris and Sheva together, she was really just tagging along for the ride.

She felt forced on us, like we were forced to like her and her overly optimistic attitude, while characters like Steve did their own whiny thing, and actually earned the respect of some fans, while having a large hate-fanbase.

Honestly, how retarded at the endnfor Jill to point to two mounted Rpg's for Chris and Sheva to use on DC Douglas Wesker.

And lame for Chris to be all, ready partner? to sheva. Even at the end when he was saying it was over, he looked right to sheva, instead of his real partner, Jill Valentine.
And supposedly the entire time he was looking for Jill…? Not buying it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Mercy wrote:
And supposedly the entire time he was looking for Jill…? Not buying it.

Right? I know if i were Chris i wouldve given Jill a big hug.

The AI was only half of sheva's problems.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:44 am

Am I the only one who didn't have problems with the AI? XD I didn't have problems with Ashley too.
I'll be honest with you so no flames...I liked Sheva more than Claire and Rebecca XD At first I was sceptical,but near the end she became one of my favourite characters.I look forward to see her and Josh as partner in further games.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Well, she did help kill Wesker. That in itself is unique. Other than that, she was only really in RE5 cos it was based in Africa and Chris needed a partner whilst Jill was under Wesker's control. I'm not sure she's a considerably important character, much like Carlos or say, Steve.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Chris didn't need a partner. He didn't. Did Leon need a partner when he went to rescue the President's daughter from a group of power hungry cultists? Sheva was made into a playable character because of Gears of War. If Capcom should do anything they should make Resident Evil a single player game again.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:01 am

Mercy wrote:
Did Leon need a partner when he went to rescue the President's daughter from a group of power hungry cultists?
Well, yes, but their car got driven off a cliff and... well, you know the rest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:35 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Did Leon need a partner when he went to rescue the President's daughter from a group of power hungry cultists?
Well, yes, but their car got driven off a cliff and... well, you know the rest.
Yeah, but he didn't need them. Even if they didn't die at the beginning they would have died eventually or run away altogether. They didn't like Leon, they didn't like being around him, nor did they like where they were going, and they weren't heroic. I'm positive Leon didn't like where he was going, nor the locals, but because he had courage he was able to continue his mission.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 am

My point is, they were all still appointed partner, whether they needed them or not.

Also, you still would've had a partner in RE5 even if Sheva hadn't played the part. It would've been Barry. Though I'm sure you already know this.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Yes I do, but I don't think they indented Barry to be a playable character. The only time was ever playable was in Gaiden. And it's considered Non-canon because Leon turns into a zombie, despite sending a distress call to Chris about Claire. Point being, I don't think Barry would have been as important as they made Sheva. And yes they were appointed a partner, but I believe if Resident Evil returned to being a single player it would be better off. Revelations is such a good example of that. Keep multiplayer for Mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 pm

Mercy wrote:
Chris didn't need a partner. He didn't. Did Leon need a partner when he went to rescue the President's daughter from a group of power hungry cultists? Sheva was made into a playable character because of Gears of War. If Capcom should do anything they should make Resident Evil a single player game again.

In terms of realism, no man goes it alone in a place like that. 2 ain't enough either. You'd need an army of 500. 2 was pushing it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 am

Save the president's daughter? Better bring one handgun, 50 rounds, and a first aid spray!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

Mercy wrote:
Save the president's daughter? Better bring one handgun, 50 rounds, and a first aid spray!
And a shotgun (if you play on easy)!
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Well, it is a game. If it were to be a real situation, that's what we'd have to accept as a new take on horror. To think society could be like that one day. George Romero's vision of a doomsday was only the beginning. affraid
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:37 pm

I appreciate Sheva's character more after playing RE6 mostly because how much I hated Helena Harper. She is by far a way worse character than Sheva. At least Sheva didn't have her own agenda and was trying her best to help Chris against a guy she didn't even know (Wesker). Helena had to be all mysterious and irritating by not telling Leon anything for a good chunk of his campaign.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Bub537 wrote:
I appreciate Sheva's character more after playing RE6 mostly because how much I hated Helena Harper. She is by far a way worse character than Sheva. At least Sheva didn't have her own agenda and was trying her best to help Chris against a guy she didn't even know (Wesker). Helena had to be all mysterious and irritating by not telling Leon anything for a good chunk of his campaign.
I actually didn't hate Helena, but I did feel she was a bit generic. Not a bad generic though. I still liked her enough during the game.

I actually liked her more than Sheva simply because RE6 has a much better AI/Partner system. Further proving that giving a character bad AI can in fact take away from how likeable they are. Just have to separate that stuff.

Like I've said before, I really hope Sheva shows up more since she is one of the two characters who killed off the series' initial long running primary antagonist (ILRPA). The fact that she partakes so much in that epic chapter of the series seals the deal right there. She will forever be a very important character story-wise.

On the other hand, Carlos was in the game where Raccoon was nuked, and he was probably imperative to saving Jill. However it just doesn't feel quite the same . . .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Mercy wrote:
Yes I do, but I don't think they indented Barry to be a playable character. The only time was ever playable was in Gaiden. And it's considered Non-canon because Leon turns into a zombie, despite sending a distress call to Chris about Claire. Point being, I don't think Barry would have been as important as they made Sheva. And yes they were appointed a partner, but I believe if Resident Evil returned to being a single player it would be better off. Revelations is such a good example of that. Keep multiplayer for Mercenaries.

Couldn't agree more. Multiplayer is cool, especially in Mercs, but forcing it on the story mode is just plain stupid.

Helena was pretty sexy, especially in her professional business attire outfit, didn't like her outfit later in the game, but it's cool. She was okay, not as bad as Sheva, but not too likable either.

Sheva needs to go play in traffic or drink some bleech or something. She was so useless, and was totally forced on us. I hate going back to RE5, hoping for a nice Chris' experience and instead getting Chris/Sheva, it's so annoying. She totally ruins RE5.

Irving shouldn't have been killed off, and since he has and we can't change that, he should be brought back in prequel games, because he was such a fun character and can be so pertinent to any storyline involving the BSAA, as he is a black market dealer, dealing with Bio weapons.

Sheva, she could possibly make a return and not be as annoying, as she's already an established character, even if it's an annoying character, but why chance it, just let her stay in Africa with all the little birdies and the monkies!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19