Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Code: Veronica's Control Issues

Go down 
+4
NiteKrawler
Methsia
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

Code: Veronica's Control Issues Empty
PostSubject: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:44 pm

They're terrible. Why are the stick controls for the game so bad? I've played every other Resident Evil with relative ease in the controls on the Gamecube, so why is it so hard to control on the PS2? I try to make Claire go in a direction slightly but she just instantly zooms in that direction. It's not my controller, either, as it works fine with any other game.

My question is is that are the Gamecube controls better? Does the stick work better on the Gamecube? It works perfectly for Zero-Nemesis, so I'm assuming the Gamecube version has better controls.

I guess I'm getting a little more use to it but I can't help but think if the Gamecube version would be easier to play. I mean, if anything at all challenging happens, I'm done for, because I can't maneuver too well with this control stick.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:30 am

Why not try the original on DreamCast?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I really don't want to spend the money. Besides, that would be the only game I would have for it since there isn't anything else on the Dream Cast I would play. I mean, I have all of the Sonic games that are for it, so there's not much else.

What I really want to know is if the controls on the Gamecube version are better. I want to know if they are exactly like the other Gamecube titles.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 am

For me Code: Veronica has always had a different feel to the controls, regardless of console. I don't think the GC version would be any different since it's a direct port.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:31 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
They're terrible. Why are the stick controls for the game so bad? I've played every other Resident Evil with relative ease in the controls on the Gamecube, so why is it so hard to control on the PS2? I try to make Claire go in a direction slightly but she just instantly zooms in that direction. It's not my controller, either, as it works fine with any other game.

My question is is that are the Gamecube controls better? Does the stick work better on the Gamecube? It works perfectly for Zero-Nemesis, so I'm assuming the Gamecube version has better controls.

I guess I'm getting a little more use to it but I can't help but think if the Gamecube version would be easier to play. I mean, if anything at all challenging happens, I'm done for, because I can't maneuver too well with this control stick.

I never really had trouble with the Code: Veronica (X) controls. But I guess it's because it was
first of the Resident Evil games I owned with the original controls. And I think the controls
for the GameCube are good.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Oddly enough, the Gamecube version is more expensive than the PS2 version. Interesting . . .
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Pay extra for the good controls. Razz
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:08 pm

i think the GC controls are a bit better, something to do with the controller layout. i noticed it was more expensivve here too. the GC version is a lot harder to find here
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:20 pm

If my local gamestore, Infinet (that's how they spell it) Lives finds a copy of the GC version, they said I could trade the PS2 version for that one for free. So I may wait for that. Even though I'm pretty far already.

So, the GC version does have better controls? As far as the control stick goes?
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:38 pm

it seems like they do, the GC controller feels more natural than the PS2. i play the outbreak games pretty consistently and i still find the GC controls easier for CVX. youre getting a pretty good deal if you can trade a ps2 version for a gamecube version! o.o thats like a ten dollar difference in price at my local gamestop
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I actually had a lot of trouble playing it on the DC. I lost disc two so I could only defeat the T-078 at the end of the first disc. But the controls were really odd, or they just felt that way. I didn't have so much trouble with the Ps2 controller though.

Gamecube was by far the best though, it was consistent, from RE0 through CVX. Even RE4 wasn't very different, still holding R to aim, A to shoot, perfect.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Well, my local gamestore is reserving me a copy of the Gamecube version. They let me play it just to make sure if the controls were actually better.

And, sure enough, they were! I instantly got use to the movement. I just knew it. It's all in the analogue control. The PS2's control stick is too big to effectively play a game like that. The GC's on the other hand is small and tight, which is perfect for a classic RE game. I am definitely paying $50 for it. The GC version is apparently really, really rare. Not to mention way easier to control. So yeah totally worth it. Once I get it, I will be able to enjoy Code Veronica to the fullest extent.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:03 pm

I never had any problems with the CVX controls and I played every version.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:19 pm

I do recall the controls to be a little sensitive when I played it back on PS2 as well but it never bothered me so much that it was unplayable. Hopefully they fix it with the HD remake.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Code: Veronica's Control Issues   Code: Veronica's Control Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Code: Veronica's Control Issues
Page 1 of 1