Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 4

Go down 
+6
NiteKrawler
BOBLATHON
Regenerator
weskersbarber
Spike991
nekronuke
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:12 pm

... is gay
oh wait, silly me, that isn't news
it's ancient history
Its a disgrace that turned a survival horror title into an action shooter. [/rant]
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:21 am

Wow....what a stupid topic...and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

While I might consider deleting such a pointless thread, I would rather reply with some logic.

RE4 didn't turn anything to anything, certainly not Survival Horror into Action Shooter. RE4 wasn't a disgrace, far from it really, it had tons of Game of The Year awards, as well as just being a plain awesome game.

Unfortunately your false declarative statement was brief & vage, silly you, so I can't really say too much, so I guess I'll will just wait for your reply, to pick apart your throughts more specifically, rather than generally.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:07 am

Jesus nekro, just when you think you cant stump even lower,you surprise us all. It seems like your making an article for the sake of making an article. And as Spike said, its nowhere near a disgrace and is considered by many to be the best game ever made for the ps2.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Jesus nekro, just when you think you cant stump even lower,you surprise us all. It seems like your making an article for the sake of making an article. And as Spike said, its nowhere near a disgrace and is considered by many to be the best game ever made for the ps2.

Especially the Gamecube...as most games you find on there are children games, so seeing an RE on GC, or an MGS, or something gory, that is pretty special on it's own.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 am

Yeah forgot about the GC. I never really played a GC untill a few years ago because they arent that big over here and apart from the fact that i was a ps2 whore, i never even knew there was a REmake or Zero untill i got the internet in 2006. I was in for a big shock.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:07 am

even though it gave RE a new look I still think it is a great game and one of the best for the ps2 but we all have different opinions of course
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Regenerator wrote:
even though it gave RE a new look I still think it is a great game and one of the best for the ps2 but we all have different opinions of course

It didn't really give RE that much of a new look. Slight things here & there, but overall, it's just another sequel. I mean, ever since Raccoon City blew up, we have been traveling all over, Sheena Island, Rockfort, Antartica, Europe, Africa, etc.

The only real new thing, was having the basic enemy, a parasite infectee, rather than T-virus.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

Especially the Gamecube...as most games you find on there are children games, so seeing an RE on GC, or an MGS, or something gory, that is pretty special on it's own.

I will give it that credit.... I bought a Gamecube for one reason only: They had exclusive rights to the "main" RE storyline. I haven't been a fan of Mario since I was like 4 years old so Nintendo really never had anything to offer me other than Legend of Zelda and Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:12 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

I will give it that credit.... I bought a Gamecube for one reason only: They had exclusive rights to the "main" RE storyline. I haven't been a fan of Mario since I was like 4 years old so Nintendo really never had anything to offer me other than Legend of Zelda and Resident Evil.

Unfortunately I think this led to Mikami leaving...when they put RE4 on the PS2, didn't he want it to be only on GC? I think that is why he ended up leaving.

I definately prefer the GC controller over the Playstation one though, especially when it comes to RE, it's very consistent and works perfectly.

I had went back & played Code Veronica on the Dreamcast a few years ago, and the controls felt horrible...
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

It didn't really give RE that much of a new look. Slight things here & there, but overall, it's just another sequel. I mean, ever since Raccoon City blew up, we have been traveling all over, Sheena Island, Rockfort, Antartica, Europe, Africa, etc.

The only real new thing, was having the basic enemy, a parasite infectee, rather than T-virus.
I meant gameplay wise with the new over the shoulder camera...maybe I should have said it gave RE a new feel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Wtf? What an assholish thread. If you like RE5 at all, which I know you do Nekro, then you can't possibly hate RE4 that much. The only thing I hate about it is the unwarranted fanboyism that spawned from it.

@Spike: You know the only reason you don't like the Playstation controllers is because you aren't used to them right? Psychologically, the PS controller is the best and most intuitive. It's completely symmetrical and well laid out. Perfect for the brain to handle efficiently. The Xbox controllers on the other hand...what a mess. I have a hard time finding two Xbox controller that are even the same. The black/white and back/start buttons change positions more than a nymphomaniac. The GC controllers are ok, but the buttons are still laid out in a way that is not inherently compatible with the human brain. Also, there is a reason that Microsoft made the 360 controllers more like the PS's controllers.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:30 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Wtf? What an assholish thread. If you like RE5 at all, which I know you do Nekro, then you can't possibly hate RE4 that much. The only thing I hate about it is the unwarranted fanboyism that spawned from it.

@Spike: You know the only reason you don't like the Playstation controllers is because you aren't used to them right? Psychologically, the PS controller is the best and most intuitive. It's completely symmetrical and well laid out. Perfect for the brain to handle efficiently. The Xbox controllers on the other hand...what a mess. I have a hard time finding two Xbox controller that are even the same. The black/white and back/start buttons change positions more than a nymphomaniac. The GC controllers are ok, but the buttons are still laid out in a way that is not inherently compatible with the human brain. Also, there is a reason that Microsoft made the 360 controllers more like the PS's controllers.

Sorry to butt in but... The PS controllers have never been comfortable to me and have have owned and played the hell out of PSone and PS2. The problem is that they are too small, I have larger hands and the PS controllers have never quite fit me right. It is the size of Xbox controllers that do it for me, they have some weight, some substance to them. Of course best ever was the Jaguar controller.. who remembers that beast?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Resident Evil 4 Ps3-boomerang
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:10 pm

@Nite, like Bob, I just can't get used to it. I mean of course it's because I'm not used to it, but even though I try to play my PS2 as much as my Wii or 360, I just can't get as used to the buttons. Of course the only buttons on the controller I don't like are the Square, Circle, X & Triangle buttons, it throws me off. I don't have so much trouble with X & Triangle, but I always get the other two mixed up...that's why I always die when I play RE5 on the Ps3, the parts where you have a bunch of button presses.

Of course the Ps controls are always inconsistent too, like when I play CVX vs RE4, just little buttons changes really throw me off, same with any others on the console.

Of course, I do think the Ps controller works well enough, I play Smackdown Here Comes The Pain, and I have no trouble at all, because I know what the buttons do, but when I look down at the controller....
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Well...every system has control changes. I was just talking about the physical layout. The PS controller has never once changed.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:42 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

That thing looks like it could kill someone. I don't think I could complain about not having enough gripping surface with that badboy. It may be blasphemous to you but I have seen PS3 controllers in the design of 360 controllers and I think that would be the route I would take when I get my PS3. I am to the point of absolutely needing a blu ray player and will use it as an excuse to get a PS3 soon.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well...every system has control changes. I was just talking about the physical layout. The PS controller has never once changed.

Oh, yeah that is a nice feature. Ps1, Ps2 & Ps3 all have the same controller(although the Ps3 L2/R2 buttons were altered a bit), and I can appreciate that consistency.Smile

The only reason I like the 360 controller(although it has had major changes since the original xbox controller, I'm just used to it I guess.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:46 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

That thing looks like it could kill someone. I don't think I could complain about not having enough gripping surface with that badboy. It may be blasphemous to you but I have seen PS3 controllers in the design of 360 controllers and I think that would be the route I would take when I get my PS3. I am to the point of absolutely needing a blu ray player and will use it as an excuse to get a PS3 soon.

I'm glad they dropped that design. And a PS3 controller made to look like a 360 controller would have to be third party and probably pretty bad. But if you are a gamer, you shouldn't need an excuse to own a PS3. It's the best system this gen imo.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Well I have a 360, and I sort of own a Ps3 now, and well, I haven't really noticed any differences other than controllers. Of course the menu set-up is a little different too.

One major difference would probably be exclusive though right?
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Yeah, the excuse line was a poor attempt at sarcasm. As much as I have heard about Uncharted, and as much as I absolutely want to get involved with the God of War franchise are the main reasons I will soon have a PS3. Plus, my ex brother in law has a PS3 and sings it's praises often.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Yeah, the excuse line was a poor attempt at sarcasm. As much as I have heard about Uncharted, and as much as I absolutely want to get involved with the God of War franchise are the main reasons I will soon have a PS3. Plus, my ex brother in law has a PS3 and sings it's praises often.

Same here, just a few games that have my interest, that Heavy Rain demo I played a long time ago was really good. MGS4 was fun, what I played anyway. I'm sure that's all I'd want though. Unfortunately newer Ps3's aren't backwards compatible...
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Spike991 wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:

Same here, just a few games that have my interest, that Heavy Rain demo I played a long time ago was really good. MGS4 was fun, what I played anyway. I'm sure that's all I'd want though. Unfortunately newer Ps3's aren't backwards compatible...

IMO it's biggest downfall... I still have all my RE's from PSone and PS2 and while I do still own my PSone it would be nice to play all of my games on one system.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 pm

I have an original 60 gig PS3 so I'm good. You can still get them on ebay and stuff. Anyway, Spike you don't play many games though do you? To any hardcore gamer, the PS3 has the best exclusive games hands down and also the best future for games. If you guys want a challenge, try out Demon's Souls. It's one of my favorite games this gen.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I have an original 60 gig PS3 so I'm good. You can still get them on ebay and stuff. Anyway, Spike you don't play many games though do you? To any hardcore gamer, the PS3 has the best exclusive games hands down and also the best future for games. If you guys want a challenge, try out Demon's Souls. It's one of my favorite games this gen.

I wish I had one of those original 60 gigs...I have a slim, and of course, no backwards stuff.

I play many games, just within certain series, I'm definately not watching E3 and getting aroused by each new game.

I love my RE games, wrestling games, and other various series.

By the way, anyboby played Fuzion Frenzy on the xbox, awesome party game?

Also, doesn't the original 60 gig play Ps1 as well as Ps2 games?
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

See, I wish I had gotten in on the ground floor but when the PS3 came out it was a madhouse to even try to get one. I may check the ebay option but I'm a sucker for having to have stuff "new, in box." Now if I could find an original new in box for a decent price I'd jump all over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resident Evil 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4   Resident Evil 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 4
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next