HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain

Go down 
+2
BOBLATHON
Spike991
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OrangeStorm
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
OrangeStorm

Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:17 am

Yea I like magic best. I just sword play to spice things up. As far as your questions about what I expect my answer is yes. Bottom line is the collision detection & reactions to damage is weak.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Ha, just noticed the name change myself. Me likey. I haven't actually sat down and played Oblivion in a while... I'll have to get my copy back and actually post up my stats and equipment..... I made a tank plain and simple high health high damage and hardly any magic at all.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:15 pm

OrangeStorm wrote:
Yea I like magic best. I just sword play to spice things up. As far as your questions about what I expect my answer is yes. Bottom line is the collision detection & reactions to damage is weak.

That makes no sense. You can't expect that from any game. If you hit someone and they fall back, you can just keep doing that and they won't hurt you at all. Limb dismemberment doesn't fit in with Oblivion's tone, not to mention it is just hard to do with any game. You are the only person I've ever heard complain about it, so I'm thinking your complain isn't very valid. You must just not like the game.
Back to top Go down
OrangeStorm
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
OrangeStorm

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:43 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
OrangeStorm wrote:

That makes no sense. You can't expect that from any game. If you hit someone and they fall back, you can just keep doing that and they won't hurt you at all. Limb dismemberment doesn't fit in with Oblivion's tone, not to mention it is just hard to do with any game. You are the only person I've ever heard complain about it, so I'm thinking your complain isn't very valid. You must just not like the game.

It makes perfect sense. Perhaps you just need to think about it a bit more. You're "falling back & just continue to attack" theory doesn't have to hold true. I'm just looking for some reactions. Like when you shoot a guy in RE 4 the victim squirts a little blood & at least flinches for a second. Or when you kick one they go crashing a couple o' feet backwards. I & I think most gamers find that stuff very satisfying. In Oblivion you hear some grunts & maybe on occasion a squirt of blood. For the most part when your weapon is hitting your opponent it looks no different then if you where hitting thin air. I think dismemberment would've been awesome in Oblivion.

You sound like you made this game. "What you're asking for is too hard. Your complaint isn't valid. You must not like this game". First off it probably would've been too hard at the pace the game was made for. That's a problem in itself. Oblivion & so many other games rush the action. I'd rather fight one great opponent then 5 bums. I like to see my opponent & feel that when I beat them that I accomplished something. That's why I struggled to like God of War. I was killing guys before they were barely on-screen. Since you can swing your sword like 3 times in one second then yes it would've been too hard to have reactions. Why not slow it done a little? What's the hurry? Savor the flavor. Second: Just because you haven't heard it before doesn't mean that my complaint in't valid. Third: There was a lot I loved about Oblivion. If I thought it were garbage I wouldn't waste my time offering ideas on how to improve it. You don't get to level 32 in just a couple hours.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:03 pm

But if you hit a guy in Oblivion, and he falls back, he won't be attacking. Therefore, you would just hit, move forward, hit, etc. Boring. I just can't see why you don't think there are reactions when there clearly ARE reactions. Tons. Just not the ones you want, I guess. And dismemberment IS hard for a game like Oblivion. You would have to be able to target body parts, and the characters would have to be made out of different parts which means the game would have to hold more than it does already, which is a lot.
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 am

It seems jamesy is breeding...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2