HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain

Go down 
+2
BOBLATHON
Spike991
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain Empty
PostSubject: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Well Nite, you mentioned Oblivion in another thread...thought I might make one, do discuss such matters.Smile

I have it on 360, it's really fun. I made a High Elf, and made him look like Kain(you know from the Legacy Of Kain Series), and then I became a Stage 4 Vampire...and well, right now, I'm stuck in the Shivering Isles...no that I can't leave, just that I can't do too much.

Nobody talks to me because I'm a vampire, "You won't get any of my blood", then I use Vampire's Seduction and all I get is, "Get away from me you beast"...

Annoying...but otherwise I have some ownage weapons, come cool amor....

What about you Nite?

Last edited by Spike991 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Man I love Oblivion.... I have played that game more than I care to admit. I have finished every faction, downloaded and completed all of the DLC available as well. My main dude is a RedGuard as I prefer straight up fighting to magic and such. I got most of my weapons and armor from completing all of the Daedric prince quests, I usually use the Umbra sword and Daedric armor although I have grown to love my shivering Ilse mad ore armor.

Speaking of Legacy of Kain... damn thats a blast from the past I love both Soul Reaver and Blood Omen. I wish they would make another to perhaps give some closure to the story.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Wow Bob, looks like we have a few more common interests other than RE.Smile

Yeah, Oblivion is great. I don't remember if it was the Daedric armor that I had...it is something I kind of cheated to get. I went to the stone thing...it gave me a sword & armor, I did a nifty little trick, and I ended up with a Bound sword & amor. They both own by the way.

Also, just feel the need to mention this, I did the entire arena, as a State 4 Vampire....(which of course I got the curse from that guy in the Dark Brotherhood), so that means I had to use potions...constanstly during the day for the Arena stuff...

Unlike you, I haven't done every single thing..I finished the main stuff, so seeing that one guy turn into a dragon, or whatever happened...it's been awhile. Interesting story though.

I love the LoK series, I have owned all, except BO1, at one point. I actually have BO2 on Xbox, and I just bought a GC copy. Of course the SR games are awesome too, gotta love Raziel & Kain.

Not to get too off topic, but since I made the topic, and pretty much opened the door for LoK talk too, I had finished Defiance, great game, and really left us hanging..which is why I also can't wait for the next game...whenever that is.

Have you finished Defiance Bob?

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Nice thread. My girlfriend (Erica) and I are going through the entire game. I'm using my PS3 and she's using her 360. What we are doing is drawing quest lines from a hat and then racing through them. So far, she has won the Shivering Isles and the Dark Brotherhood quest line and I won the Thieves Guild line. Her winning the Dark Brotherhood line was pretty hard for me to accept, since my character is built for stealth and she's basically a battlemage. Pfff... Anyway, my main character is a Wood Elf. Level 24 I think. He's awesome. 105% chameleon so totally invisible. I have Hatred's Soul (bow). I have some pics as well.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:24 am

lol, I remember when I first found out that you could grab the bodies...and drag them around.Smile

Well...needless to say, my level isn't quite as high up there...

I'll post some pics up of my character. I so wish this game were online, a multiplayer experience.

I think I still need to do the thieves guild, and magic. I started the Fighter's Guild...very, very boring, and it said I stole something, so I had to go find like 25 bear pelts.

Dark Brotherhood was very fun, and a nice twist at the end, with that one guy....the one who brings you in.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh I forgot to mention, my redguard is a level 37 but I have damn near 100 hours in that character.

As far as the LoK stuff... Yes Spike I have played and beat every LoK game in the series. I loved defiance and the way it tied Blood Omen and Soul Reaver together but it was just such a letdown on the ending. Nother thing that sucks is the guy who did the elder gods voice, Tony Jay, passed away not too long after that game (also voice of Tony the Tiger lol). The games all had great stories that would twist and turn at every chance and that is great, I just wish they would have left us with a little more closure or at least the promise of a new game. Needless to say, if they did release a new LoK and it were playstation exclusive..... A ps3 would be coming home with me very soon.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah, in the PC version you can grab people and drag them. But I'm using the PS3 version. You can't even move bodies with telekinesis. So that last picture wasn't set up lol. That's how that chick happened to fall. I laughed so hard.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:28 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah, in the PC version you can grab people and drag them. But I'm using the PS3 version. You can't even move bodies with telekinesis. So that last picture wasn't set up lol. That's how that chick happened to fall. I laughed so hard.

Are you sure? I mean I have the 360 version, and I press(I think it's the right bumper...not sure, but it's one of them), and it grasps the limb, or where ever you try to grab, and you can slowly move them.

I imagine it's the same in the Ps3, maybe R1 or R2 does it?

@Bob, I can't believe how high yours & Nite's character's levels are. Mine is only around 10...I think, it's been awhile.

Defiance was awesome, the gameplay was really good, definate improvement...mostly. I hated the camera in that one though. I'm playing through BO2 again, as I just bought it on the GC, still as good as I remember, and although I prefer older Kain, the younger one is cool too.

I thought the ending was alright...it really left us hanging, which wouldn't be so bad if we had another game to pick us back up. I mean the whole thing with Janos & the Hylden Lord was a great twist, as well as the other thing...with Raziel & the Reaver.

RIP Tony Jay...He also played Mortanius The Necromancer in Blood Omen. I'm not sure who could play the Elder God...he was such an essential character, and Jay was irreplacable. Perhaps the guy that played Mortanius in Defiance could play him?

I sure do hope, if and when a new game comes out, it improves on the gameplay a bit more, and has a better camera. I kind of disliked the hack-n-slash style...like God Of War or Devil May Cry.

As far as it being Ps3 exclusive, I hope not, but if so, I will be getting one too. I already want one anyway, for MGS4, and thats all. As BO2 & Defiance were both on Xbox though, I think it's safe to assume we might get it along with the Playstation owners.

By the way, here are some pics of my character, before & after infection.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:22 pm

You could cut cheese on those cheek bones. If anyone gets that reference to a semi-recent game, they get a cookie. So I just called Erica and she said she's not aware of being able to grab them on the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:42 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
You could cut cheese on those cheek bones. If anyone gets that reference to a semi-recent game, they get a cookie. So I just called Erica and she said she's not aware of being able to grab them on the 360 version.

Well in case you didn't notice, in addition to the little nip & tuck on his cheeks, he also got a brow lift, and calf implants.Smile

Well the grabbing, it isn't a hand or arm popping out, it is more of an invisible grasp...I might just hook up my 360 and check that out again. I remember messing with boddies, and Shadowmere's head, and being able to move them around.

I know it was either the right or left bumpers though, that's for certain. This same kind of grabbing can be done on items, health potions, weapons, etc.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Back to the subtopic.... The Legacy of Kain games, in my opinion, had the best voice casts in video game history. Simon Templeman, Micheal Bell, Richard Doyle, Tony Jay, Rene Auberjonois... etc. Flat out best game script I have ever heard. I don't know many people who could reasonably disagree.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:38 am

BOBLATHON wrote:
Back to the subtopic.... The Legacy of Kain games, in my opinion, had the best voice casts in video game history. Simon Templeman, Micheal Bell, Richard Doyle, Tony Jay, Rene Auberjonois... etc. Flat out best game script I have ever heard. I don't know many people who could reasonably disagree.

That's the worst thing I have ever heard, I disagree!!!

Just kidding.Smile I actually completely agree. While LoK & RE are both up there, you have to give LoK credit for consistency, among other things.

The same actors voicing the same characters in each game, very nice, adds so much...unfortunately Capcom didn't get the memo...instead they change voice actors for every character every game and half....and settle for some of the worst in history.

There are certain times where a movie or game has an actor that is just really awesome and amazing, mixed in with a bunch of mediocre ones...well LoK is just all awesome & amazing voice actors.Smile

The story is great, the music is terrific, gameplay is doable. LoK doesn't have the same replayability or longivity of RE...but it's definately up there as one of my favorite game series. It's a great mixture of Bram Stroker & Bill Shakespeare.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:47 pm

It seems you are right Spike. Last night after I left Erica played Oblivion just to see if it would work and it did. The left bumper. She said you can barely move them but it does work. She loved it. Razz I'll have to see if L1 will work on my Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:43 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
It seems you are right Spike. Last night after I left Erica played Oblivion just to see if it would work and it did. The left bumper. She said you can barely move them but it does work. She loved it. Razz I'll have to see if L1 will work on my Oblivion.

Yah!!!

Yeah, it is really slow, and you will end up dropping whatever it is if you try to drag it around, but you can really have some fun with it, propping the bodies up in fun positions.Smile

It was also something I found useful if I was overencumbered, to simply drop an item, carry it to the door, then drop the item and pick it up into my inventory, overencumering myself again, that way I could enter the door with the item, then once on the other side, drop the item again, and grab it and take it to the next door, until I got where I needed to be, whether it be selling it, or taking it to my crib.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Yeah...I told her she was the Victor Zsasz of Cyrodiil.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:36 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah...I told her she was the Victor Zsasz of Cyrodiil.

Ha, I had to look that guy up. A Batman referrence, you know, I've always liked Batman, but I've never heard of that guy...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 pm

He was in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman Begins.
Back to top Go down
OrangeStorm
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
OrangeStorm

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 pm

I loved Oblivion at 1st, but my love turnd to boredom. Here's why:

1. No reactions from enemies. You're hacking a dude with a sword & the only way you can tell that you're hitting him is a "glow". I want some blood, some grimacing, some sort of reaction.

2. Hated how the enemies were always the same level as you. I hacked a Goblin when I was level 1. Now that I'm level 20 I still have to hack that same Goblin "type" just as many times or even more so?

My gripes may seem petty, but they bugged me so much I stopped playing. Other then that I loved this game. It was awesome. I wish 2 would come out with the changes I desire.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:12 am

OrangeStorm wrote:
I loved Oblivion at 1st, but my love turnd to boredom. Here's why:

1. No reactions from enemies. You're hacking a dude with a sword & the only way you can tell that you're hitting him is a "glow". I want some blood, some grimacing, some sort of reaction.

2. Hated how the enemies were always the same level as you. I hacked a Goblin when I was level 1. Now that I'm level 20 I still have to hack that same Goblin "type" just as many times or even more so?

My gripes may seem petty, but they bugged me so much I stopped playing. Other then that I loved this game. It was awesome. I wish 2 would come out with the changes I desire.

First of all, there is only a glow if your weapon is enchanted. Secondly, there is blood and grimacing. Slash someone up and look at the floor. Blood. And they always go "Arrrgh!!" or "Oh!" when hit. When they are close to death, sometimes they will say special things. Like a Mythic Dawn follower may say "My body welcomes Paradise." I've never heard of anyone not knowing if they are hitting an enemy. It even makes a slashing sound when you hit them. And although your enemies level with you, your equipment is getting better and better all the time. At level 24, I one hit everything when I use arrows and sneak. 3x damage and armor ignore. If you are level 20 and still have to hack much at any goblin, you are doing something wrong. I much desire to see your character. If you can, post up his stats and equipment.

P.S. This game is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. So the next one will not be 2. It will be V. (5)

EDIT: I figure I should say this as well, the enemies in the game don't level completely with you. It's a slower process than it is for you. They can't keep up with you. Especially if you specialize.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Soul Rever FTW! Really need to get that game, now that I bought a Dreamcast....

Sorry for going nowhere with this, just had to say something when I saw Kain in the title Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Ha. I just realized Spike changed the title to include Kain. Maybe it should be its own topic as I have nothing to say on it at all. Other than that I know they are good. I played BO2 I think it was. The weapons could break, I know that.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:39 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ha. I just realized Spike changed the title to include Kain. Maybe it should be its own topic as I have nothing to say on it at all. Other than that I know they are good. I played BO2 I think it was. The weapons could break, I know that.

Yeah, I had a LoK topic before, but it's burried...

I made it a little sub topic for LoK, not that I think I should make another one altogether..and yes BO2 does allow for weapons to break, kind of nice...

Also, I think what you say on Oblivion is da truth, testify!!!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Is there anything you are hoping for in the next Elder Scrolls that was not in Oblivion Spike?
Back to top Go down
OrangeStorm
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
OrangeStorm

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Breton Level 32

Health = 373
Magicka = 314
Fatigue = 319

Str. = 84
Int. = 107
Will. = 97
Agi. = 44
Spd. = 81
End. = 94
Per. = 50
Luck = 50

Daedric Shortsword, Apron of Adroitness, Canopy Helmet, Glass Boots, Glass Gauntlets, Glass Greaves, Necklace of Swords, Ring of Skimming, Ring of Treachery, Sylvan Barkshield

I don't see any grimacing or reaction. The sword just makes a clanking sound when you hit the enemy. Blood on floor yes, but nowhere on enemy. I hear grunts from them getting hit, but their bodies don't react at all to getting hit.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 pm

OrangeStorm wrote:
Breton Level 32

Health = 373
Magicka = 314
Fatigue = 319

Str. = 84
Int. = 107
Will. = 97
Agi. = 44
Spd. = 81
End. = 94
Per. = 50
Luck = 50

Daedric Shortsword, Apron of Adroitness, Canopy Helmet, Glass Boots, Glass Gauntlets, Glass Greaves, Necklace of Swords, Ring of Skimming, Ring of Treachery, Sylvan Barkshield

I don't see any grimacing or reaction. The sword just makes a clanking sound when you hit the enemy. Blood on floor yes, but nowhere on enemy. I hear grunts from them getting hit, but their bodies don't react at all to getting hit.

Well, my first question is "Why in the hell are you hacking at anything when you have 107 intelligence and 97 willpower?" Blow stuff up! As for your equipment, I hope you have all of those glass things enchanted, especially the sword. There are better unique swords than any daedric ones anyway. So how would you like the enemies to react? By having appendages fall off? Having the enemy fall all over? (Actually that happens sometimes) Are the grunts and sounds of slashing not enough for you to understand that yes, in fact, you are making a hit? If I were you, I'd pick magery or melee and stick with it and get equipment that suits whatever you choose. Magery=Any equipment that enhances spellcasting Melee=Anything to protect you and hurt your enemy. If you go melee, you can still have some sweet touch spells that can be devastating. Healing spells too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain   Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain Empty

Back to top Go down

Close shut, the gates of Oblivion!!! with Legacy Of Kain
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next