HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!

Go down 
+6
frodomir
PublicEnemy
Regenerator
Bernard
NiteKrawler
RedFieldRiot
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! Empty
PostSubject: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:37 pm

Ok so a newish info piece has been released and it doesn't seem to be impressing the fans at all. This new addition that was not present in Umbrella Chronicles is called 'shaky cam'...yep you read it right. This new addition means that as your character approaches zombies or other monsters the games inbuilt camera starts to shake violently too and fro and will also spin round. According to Capcom they are trying to replicate panic within the game but it has caused fans to fall into dismay claiming that the 'shaky cam' makes it seem like shaking your own head from left to right really fast and then trying to shoot what's on screens and creates nothing but pure fustration. So it has yet to be seen whether this will still be present when the games released or whether Capcom will listen to the fans and remove the feature, whatever way it goes we could end up playing and feeling a little sea sick at the same time.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Good job Capcom! Now a word from Vader:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bernard
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bernard

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Agree
That would be frustrating as hell
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:55 am

well I guess it will add to the tension...and frustration
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:10 am

Well....still it's still a Resident evil,and it's Capcom....wait and see.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 am

Mhm I don't think they were that scared... Well if nothing this may be good challenge too...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Indiana Jones
Zombie
Zombie
Indiana Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:13 am

Shaky cam u said????

Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! Forum_9cc7260a_Noooooo!!!
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:42 am

That really does suck. At least in Umbrella Chronicles the damn camera did not shake.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Yeah, couple the shakey cam with the already super unresponsive Wii-mote aiming and it'll be damn near impossible to hit the RCPD building from 5 feet.
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Tell me about it......this news has dissapointed me before i have even got the game...this news of reviews bits also don't sound too promising either....fans have said the following.....

Shaky Cam View: Rail shooters can be a bit boring at times, but Capcom fixed this issue by giving the entire game a handheld-shaky cam view. The idea, Noguchi told us, was to make it feel like you were out of control and reacting like real people would when confronted by the living dead. The idea works with the shake adding quite a bit of tension, and even a bit of much needed difficulty to the game....
Difficulty: When the developer says that the game's going to be easy to play through it's not a good sign. True, Kentaro Noguchi said that if you want to take down all of the zombies it's going to be a challenge, but I'd rather survival be the challenge.

Shake It Like a Polaroid Picture
The biggest issue with Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles is the shaky camera and jarring head spins that make it near impossible to shoot zombies-it's frustrating and not exactly fun. The action spins and jolts onscreen as the camera is shown through the eyes of Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield from Resident Evil 2. I joked it's like trying to shoot zombies while constantly shaking your head, "No, don't eat my brains." It's understandable that Capcom is aiming for a more horrifying, heart-pounding and cinematic experience, but I think the shaky cam takes more away from the gameplay than adding to it.

Many previews have shown concern over the addition of a "shakey cam" in Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles. But while it might create tension in a Hollywood horror movie, is it a good idea to have "shakey cam" in games? Or will it just cause frustration?

As you may have read, or seen, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles has adopted a "shakey cam" style to the player's perspective. Is this good, or bad? Some written previews from e3 stated how the way the camera moves makes it extremely annoying and hard to pull off critical shots. So how will gun survivor pros be pulling out head shots left and right like they did in Umbrella Chronicles?

On paper, the idea of a shaky camera sounds good, but Capcom went WAY overboard with the sensitivity of the camera. I mean, even when I'm SPRINTING, my vision doesn't shake as much as the camera in DSC does.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles is a fine looking Wii shooter, when it's not fighting you. This is why using the camera to bring tension to the player in a on-rails shooter is a bad idea.

At E3 I had a chance to play Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles from Capcom for a good long while, until I finally had to put the controller down in defeat. The issue wasn't the graphics, since the game looked good. The problem wasn't the controller; it seemed calibrated fine and worked like a champ. The issue was the camera: whoever decided that shaky-cam needed to come to light-gun titles needs to rethink their position.

It was hard to know where to aim, because the second I drew a bead on a zombie's head, the view violently shifted. I didn't control where I went; the camera looked around to point me at things happening, making it feel as if I were chained to someone else's eyes, with my only control being on the trigger finger and wrist. It was maddening; I felt as if I was constantly fighting the camera, and the nameless person who seemed hell-bent on making sure every shot was tricky.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Hell, I thought UC was damn hard without the skakey cam. Fighting the 2 Ivans near the end? My god man...It'd be impossible with the camera shaking. WARNING CAPCOM: MISTAKE AHEAD!!!!
Back to top Go down
KevinRymanSPF
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
KevinRymanSPF

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:03 am

Lame Mad
Back to top Go down
AlbertWesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AlbertWesker

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:04 am

KevinRymanSPF wrote:
Lame Mad

XD I would probably own the game within seconds of the time I got it into a Wi Mad I hate shakey cams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!   Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkside Chronicles....The Not So Good Info!!!
Page 1 of 1