Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Best birthday present ever EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Best birthday present ever EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Best birthday present ever EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Best birthday present ever EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Best birthday present ever EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Best birthday present ever EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Best birthday present ever EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Best birthday present ever EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Best birthday present ever EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Best birthday present ever

Go down 
+3
Spike991
frodomir
Ghost Leader
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Best birthday present ever Empty
PostSubject: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 pm

Quote :
Gabriel Hurles celebrated his sixth birthday by unwrapping the best present ever - his father home on leave from Iraq.

The youngster was so engrossed in the cupcakes his mother brought to his class yesterday that he didn't notice the enormous wrapped box.

'That's one big, giant present,' a classmate told him. 'See what you got, Gabriel.'

Best birthday present ever Article-1132305-033D4AA3000005DC-79

The six-year-old peeled back the wrapping paper to find the surprise of his young life.

'It's my dad!' he announced joyfully to his classmates at Sutro Elementary School in Dayton, Nevada. 'Hi, Daddy!'

Army mechanic Casey Hurles, 23, hadn't seen his son since he left in June.

When he learned his leave would coincide with his son's birthday, he hatched a plan to hide out in the big box.

'It was such a rush of emotion,' said Hurles, who said he got butterflies in his stomach while waiting in the box.

Best birthday present ever Article-1132305-033D4A0B000005DC-19

'I always get them when I see him,' he added.

And he admitted he also got a surprise when his son pulled open the wrapping paper, saying: 'He gets bigger every time I see him.'

'He’s my son. I feel anything he does,' said Gabriel’s mum, Jackie Holocker, 25. 'I’m excited when he’s excited. I think it’s wonderful.'

After Hurles sat down and ate a cupcake with the birthday boy, teacher Dawn VanSickle presented him with a banner from the class that read, 'Welcome Home. Thank you for your service.'

VanSickle told the Nevada Appeal she was happy to arrange the reunion in her classroom.

'One of the first things Gabriel shared about himself was that his dad was in Iraq and that he was waiting for his dad to come home,' she said. 'He talks about his dad all the time.'

Hurles, who joined the Army four years ago, is a mechanic in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed at Fort Hood, Texas.

He completed one tour in Iraq and is seven months into his second tour. He expects to finish sometime this summer and talks to his son on the phone almost daily.

Gabriel’s grandparents, Darrell and Karen Hurles, and uncle Joel Hurles were also there.

'His dad wanted him to have this memory because you never know what tomorrow might hold,' Gabriel's grandmother Karen said.

Gabriel said he looks forward to playing with his dad over the next two weeks but understands why he has to leave again.

'He has to work,' Gabriel said. 'He works in the war.'
Link
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Why does he have to go back? Didn't Obama say that they are pulling forces back?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 5:49 pm

lol, it was funny looking when you see the guys face behind the gift wrapping, I wonder what the kid was thinking???Smile
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 5:59 pm

frodomir wrote:
Why does he have to go back? Didn't Obama say that they are pulling forces back?
yeah there pulling out in a couple months but not right now...my couzin is also going back over again...nice post Ghost Leader
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Regenerator wrote:
frodomir wrote:
yeah there pulling out in a couple months but not right now...my couzin is also going back over again...nice post Ghost Leader

well i wish him luck for that 2 months
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Regenerator wrote:
yeah there pulling out in a couple months but not right now...my couzin is also going back over again...
16 months, to be exact. And I wish your cousin well over there.
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
yeah there pulling out in a couple months but not right now...my couzin is also going back over again...
G.L. ...I haven't had that large of a lump in my throat in a long time...many many thanks for posting this. God bless those young men and women and I thank all of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
Bernard
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bernard

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 7:51 am

That is so beautiful
It makes me want to cry

Nah,not that much
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:47 pm

duralumin wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
G.L. ...I haven't had that large of a lump in my throat in a long time...many many thanks for posting this. God bless those young men and women and I thank all of them.
God bless them is right...those troops need all the support they can get
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Regenerator wrote:
duralumin wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
God bless them is right...those troops need all the support they can get

No....they need a dozen of god damn Cargo Troopers and helicopters to get the hell out of here.

nah joke Razz

still its a funny story(perhaps the kid thought he might get somethin real big and..."duh its only my dad~~" Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best birthday present ever   Best birthday present ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Best birthday present ever
Page 1 of 1