Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE8 Ripped me off!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

RE8 Ripped me off! Empty
PostSubject: RE8 Ripped me off!   RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyWed May 19, 2021 12:16 am

Now that I have your attention, first of all, just wanted to say I remembered this place due to playing RE8 with my boy, OG Chris Redfield, who finally got his original appearance back. Ever since REmake, Chris has been the most consistent face in the franchise until RE7, when they used another face model and the fans (rightfully) complained. REmake, UC, Revelations, LIN, RE5, RE6 all had Chris with the same face, and in the movie with Rebecca, they at least tried to keep his appearance similar to his previous iterations. Now that I have that out of the way, I just find it amusing that certain coincidences in RE8 led me to the following:

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR RE8 AHEAD

I wrote this fan fiction 8 years ago: https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com/t3448-reabyss-fan-fiction

Whereupon I just thought it would be fun to fanboy a bit with my guy Chris Redfield and flex some writing muscles (I like writing but I kind of suck at it). Anyway, turned out that all those years ago, you guys seemed to really like it. I never finished it, but as I played RE8, I couldn't help noticing the similarities between some things in the game and my fan fiction:

-RE: Abyss (my fanfic) is based in rural Eastern Europe, particulary Hungary. RE8 is based in Romania
-Both have Chris Redfield being in charge of a separate/elite team apart from the BSAA (the EBCU in my fanfic, and the Hound Wolf Squad in RE8)
-In my fanfic, the EBCU have to infiltrate a Hungarian castle before a mad scientist unleashes a hallucinatory BOW. In RE8, Donna Benevento harnesses a hallucinatory power and uses the mold to create horrors that attack Ethan. This is also done deep in the forest, as Donna Benevento's house is in the woods.
-One of the monsters in RE: Abyss is a fear creature created by the local villages folklore. RE8 starts with a folklore story from the local village, read by Mia to Ethan's daughter, Rose.
-Some characteristics of Hound Wolf squad were eerily similar to the EBCU. 5 members, of which one is female. One of them is even British, whilst in my fan fiction Barry's estranged son is British. Obviously, Chris is the captain of Hound Wolf squad, whilst in my fanfic he becomes captain of the EBCU.
-The castle obviously, as there is a big castle in RE8.

I just got a kick out of imagining some writer from capcom found this forum, read what this geek wrote and how a real fan would like to see the RE characters and thought 'yeah, I could def pitch this'. Obviously it's probably a coincidence, but I got a kick out of seeing the similarities in the game. Peace!
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

RE8 Ripped me off! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE8 Ripped me off!   RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyWed May 19, 2021 7:25 pm

These are definitely some crazy coincidences! It must have been odd to be playing Village and having many moments of "Wait a minute.... This seems familiar."
Perhaps you should write more fanfiction and wait to see what RE9 looks like! Lol

Side note:
(WARNING MASSIVE VILLAGE SPOILERS BELOW)

What did you think of Village outside of the similarities to your fanfic? Personally I really like it! Only big complaint would be
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

RE8 Ripped me off! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE8 Ripped me off!   RE8 Ripped me off! EmptyThu May 20, 2021 2:04 am

Welcome back, dude. Smile

Talk about an eerie coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RE8 Ripped me off! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE8 Ripped me off!   RE8 Ripped me off! Empty

Back to top Go down

RE8 Ripped me off!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: