Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Days Gone EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Days Gone EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Days Gone EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Days Gone EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Days Gone EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Days Gone EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Days Gone EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Days Gone EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Days Gone EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Days Gone

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 1:42 am

Is anybody interested in this game?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 7:20 am

Now that I've had a couple days with it, I can say with certainty that it's a ripoff of The Walking Dead, not The Last of Us. lol!

Half-joking aside, however, it's a very fun ripoff. In fact, I'd hazard to say it's a better Walking Dead game than any Walking Dead game that's been released so far. Seeing a swarm of dozens or more of the game's "Freakers" emerging from a cave and making a straight line for you in a hive mind is absolutely terrifying.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm

I've not played it yet, due to being skint until next week. But I really couldn't care less if it's treading over old territory or if it's a rip-off of something else, because there's not nearly enough big budget horror games anymore.

Besides, I've always liked the idea of an 'open world' game too, where you're this one guy, just trying to survive when all hell has broken out, and you can salvage items and craft stuff, which is somethng you could never do in older horror games. One thing about the Resident Evil series is that you are (at least in the older games) too restricted to hallways and boring looking locations. I like that you have some realistic choices available to you in this game, like doing people favors in these camps, so not to piss off people along the way, and you will get rewarded for not being an ass.

Some people say having co-op in horror games makes them not scary enough, but I don't know. It's how you utilize that theme and I think you can pull off creating a team based horror game if you're logical about it. If a group has like, say 8 people of various skills, then I think how you go about it is what's important. No two people should be equal. You could have someone good at medicine, perhaps, and have somebody great with guns, as well as someone who is better used as a lookout, and someone who can make parts for vehicles, which means you don't always have to go on foot, but if he or she dies, you have to do supply runs have yield more of a risk. Should one of these people die, it won't end the game, but it will majorly impact the course of the game. That way you know that allowing somebody to die would not be beneficial at all. But I have yet to see any games developers pay close attention to that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySat May 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Turns out there are quite a few easter eggs and collectibles in Days Gone that suggest it takes place in the same universe as Syphon Filter, which was developed by the same studio.

https://www.gamesradar.com/days-gone-easter-eggs-suggest-its-really-a-syphon-filter-sequel-where-gabe-and-lian-failed-to-save-the-world/

Spoiler warning for the above link, obviously. I didn't notice a lot of these because I've never played Syphon Filter, but the "Classified virus research" collectible is practically slaps you in the face with it.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySat May 25, 2019 6:55 pm

I'd love to check out the Uncharted series too, although they're adventure games. I've heard only great things about that franchise... and they have co-op! I don't like local "split-screen" co-op because the whole screen is too strecthed out. Had enough of that with RE5. Etc. Plus, most of the recent sequels to RE4 were not very atmospheric at all, and didn't reallly feel like proper sequels to the first four games, or five if you count the prequel as well. In fact, I hated how in RE6, you got to collect points for killing enemies. Just sucked that they did that gimmicky nonsense, and the action heavy Hollywood approach didn't suit the series at all. And that annoying, mandatory 'training mode' at the start of the game was never patched, so you have to play it over and over again with every new game, and then play the same scene in Leon's campaign later on.

I'd love to see more actual co-op horror games, but only if treated with the right approach. One of the Uncharted games has some brief horror like enemies, following you around in dark tunnels.

Days Gone is like a 30 hours long, more boring version of The Last of Us. I found myself getting a headache from the tedious repetition of it all.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySun May 26, 2019 9:49 am

Uncharted doesn't have co-op.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySun May 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Are you sure? I watched a video where the screen was in two halves. That may have been some other mode.

I nearly finished Days Gone, but I gave up at the end. I did like it, but it was more repetitive than "fun" in my view. Graphically, it looks amazingly similar to The Last of Us and even plays the same. I really like the characters. I also got a lot of The Walking Dead vibes from it too. I do want to see a sequel, which I think is Bend Studio's plan if the post credits scene is anything to go on.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyTue May 28, 2019 11:17 pm

White Rock wrote:
Are you sure? I watched a video where the screen was in two halves. That may have been some other mode.
I've played every Uncharted game except Golden Abyss and I don't recall any of them having co-op. They had a team-based death match type online component, but that was it.

Quote :
I nearly finished Days Gone, but I gave up at the end. I did like it, but it was more repetitive than "fun" in my view. Graphically, it looks amazingly similar to The Last of Us and even plays the same. I really like the characters. I also got a lot of The Walking Dead vibes from it too. I do want to see a sequel, which I think is Bend Studio's plan if the post credits scene is anything to go on.
I haven't been able to put it down. What was repetitive about it to you?
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyWed May 29, 2019 12:36 am

Returning to the same camps over and over did increase the monotony. Apart from that, I enjoyed it. I loved finding all the enemie fortresses hidden away and going in undercover with my trusty bow to eliminate every scumbag as quietly as I could. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyWed May 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Having too many survivor camps would negatively affect the post-apocalyptic aspect, IMO. I do think there should have been at least one more outpost in the Crater Lake region, though.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:50 pm

I think there is DLC coming this month.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Monkey freakers? Yeah, that makes no sense at all because the last wild primates to roam North America (Homo sapiens excepted) died out at least 30 million years ago and populations housed in zoos and animal sanctuaries would be too small and too spread out to become functional breeding pools. And that's assuming most of them didn't starve to death in their cages or weren't killed and eaten by survivors in the months and years after the outbreak.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 am

Well, infected apes are kind of a staple of zombie films, and similar themes. There was apes in 28 Days Later that a group of people attempted to rescue when the movie begins, but they were critically infected, so after letting them out of their cages, the people were bitten. I'm not sure what occurs after that. That's how the movie begins. After that, it times jumps to a guy recovering from a coma, and he finds that nobody is around. Maybe this didn't happen in The Last of Us because the animals just move around freely. There was infected monkies in one of the Outbreak games, so maybe not every zombie game or whatever has this rule.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 7:36 am

What some people don't understand is that when animals become susceptible to whatever zombie-esque plague or virus destroyed society, it renders survival practically impossible because then anyone left alive has no source of food to draw on and thus survivors end up starving to death.

This is Robert Kirkman's stated reason for species other than humans not being affected by the zombie plague in TWD.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySat Jun 08, 2019 9:32 pm

An update for the game is now available. It addresses the bugs and adds a new difficulty option, and playable characters.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 am

White Rock wrote:
An update for the game is now available. It addresses the bugs and adds a new difficulty option, and playable characters.
Just to clarify, the new playable characters are exclusive to the horde survival mode (or whatever it's called). They don't replace Deacon in the main game.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 am

Haven't tried it yet. But it seems like my kind of game. And if hardcore RE fans find it scary, then it's got to worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 2:59 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Haven't tried it yet. But it seems like my kind of game. And if hardcore RE fans find it scary, then it's got to worth a look.
I wouldn't say scary, more suspenseful. Alerting a horde and having the whole thing (which can be composed of upwards of 500 freakers!) immediately make a beeline for you can be a pretty terrifying moment, though, especially if you're on foot.

Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 6:55 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:

Welcome back, Bulls-3ye. You should definitely play the game. It's like The Last of Us, on a motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Yeah, we need more people here for me to lord my authority over!
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 2:34 am

I'll do my best to recruit members, but the thing is... I rarely see any activity, on *ANY* forums anymore.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 am

You'd think REMake 2 would have been a boon for forum traffic. But of the few hits we got no one really stuck around. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
You'd think REMake 2 would have been a boon for forum traffic. But of the few hits we got no one really stuck around. scratch
One apparently didn't care for it when I stepped in after he called people who like the Anderson moves, "losers." I don't care what other forums do, but here on REF as long as I'm in a position of authority, everyone is free to hold their own opinion of those movies, regardless of what it is, without being shamed or attacked for it.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 9:26 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:

Funnily enough, you'd think this forum would be easy to find. If you enter "Resident Evil forums" on Google, the link to this site is near the top.

I support your frustration with modern day forums. Many of them are dead, and the ones that remain, have little activity anymore. I still post on a few Silent Hill forums, and I'm the only guy there that posts as much as I do. I seldom see anybody posting at all these days, and when they do, they can be a little on the snide side. But that decline in users logging in could be because of the fact that the series has been dormant for many years, and forums have lost their edge anyway. Think of it as being like a once busy bar that once had so many people in it each night, but now the staff only gets those same two customers coming in, and the business is otherwise critical. But I think the forums that have a website are inclined to get a bit more activity, but all the big news sites and YouTube, and stuff like that, rendered all of the more niche websites less popular.

YouTube is where I get my news fix now. There's also something really honest about seeing and hearing a person as they discuss what they like and don't like about something. It feels kind of natural.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 4:05 pm

White Rock wrote:
YouTube is where I get my news fix now. There's also something really honest about seeing and hearing a person as they discuss what they like and don't like about something. It feels kind of natural.
When I want news, I expect news, not the video maker's opinions. Those are two very different things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Days Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Days Gone   Days Gone Empty

Back to top Go down

Days Gone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next