HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Mass Distraction
 
White Rock
 
DeathShadows
 

Share | 
 

 Game streaming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Game streaming    Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Just making this thread for all you guys out there that stream gameplays and such.
Basically post up when you are streaming, it can be on twitch or steams broadcast mode.
This will be good for anyone that wants to watch current members play online live.
Hope to see you guys game sometime !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssplain
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Steam : Splain
Posts : 733
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 28
Location : Birmingham AL

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:52 am

That is not a bad idea.

I don't stream regularly for entertainment. However I do have friends that occasionally ask for broadcast on Steam, so feel free to request one anytime I am in game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Ssplain wrote:
That is not a bad idea.

I don't stream regularly for entertainment. However I do have friends that occasionally ask for broadcast on Steam, so feel free to request one anytime I am in game.

I will do man, I was broadcasting last night to try out steams broadcast feature.
I forgot to open my broadcast up and have a look to see how well it looks.
I think the broadcast mode wont be as good as twitch just now because it's in beta stage but if they sort everything out and end up letting you stream for free
and let others without a steam account view your stream, then yeah I could say it taken over twitch.
That being said I think I'm going to invest in a twitch account, really want to start livestreaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssplain
Zombie
Zombie
avatar

Steam : Splain
Posts : 733
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 28
Location : Birmingham AL

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:33 pm

For sure. Steam is def not the way to go right now trying to gain an audience, I view it as just a nice additional free service. Mostly only friends of the broadcaster seem to watch it, as most broadcast rarely have more than 2 or 3 viewers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12910
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:52 am

I'm actually planning on starting streaming at some point. My first course of action will be streaming through my Dreamcast library, to which I will be adding more games as I go. Right now I have about 10 games, I think.

I might stream in Finnish, though, but I guess I'll also be playing in English. Not that it really matters atm, I'm quite tied up for now with my free time.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm actually planning on starting streaming at some point. My first course of action will be streaming through my Dreamcast library, to which I will be adding more games as I go. Right now I have about 10 games, I think.

I might stream in Finnish, though, but I guess I'll also be playing in English. Not that it really matters atm, I'm quite tied up for now with my free time.

Aw man !
I would totally be down for watching that stream, even if it's in Finnish.
Dreamcast had one of the best game libraries.
How would you stream the DC though ?
Are you using like a HDMI conversation and running it through a capture card or something ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12910
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm actually planning on starting streaming at some point. My first course of action will be streaming through my Dreamcast library, to which I will be adding more games as I go. Right now I have about 10 games, I think.

I might stream in Finnish, though, but I guess I'll also be playing in English. Not that it really matters atm, I'm quite tied up for now with my free time.

Aw man !
I would totally be down for watching that stream, even if it's in Finnish.
Dreamcast had one of the best game libraries.
How would you stream the DC though ?
Are you using like a HDMI conversation and running it through a capture card or something ?

I have an RCA capture card so all I really need is a scart to RCA converter.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I have an RCA capture card so all I really need is a scart to RCA converter.

You should invest in an Elgato HD, it offers straight to twitch streams.
You would need a Scart to HDMI coverstion for the DC though.
IMO worth it though, I have my DC converted to HDMI so I can upscale to 1080p (obv it's not native to 1080p or it's in HD, it just fills the widescreen and slightly cleans up the output to make it look sharper).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12910
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:43 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I have an RCA capture card so all I really need is a scart to RCA converter.

You should invest in an Elgato HD, it offers straight to twitch streams.
You would need a Scart to HDMI coverstion for the DC though.
IMO worth it though, I have my DC converted to HDMI so I can upscale to 1080p (obv it's not native to 1080p or it's in HD, it just fills the widescreen and slightly cleans up the output to make it look sharper).

There's no point investing in a high-tech HD capture device when my current shitty internet can barely handle 480. My upload speed is like 500 kilos at best.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

There's no point investing in a high-tech HD capture device when my current shitty internet can barely handle 480. My upload speed is like 500 kilos at best.

Really ? Oh man that's pretty crap to hear.
Yeah a suppose you're right.
Is internet always that bad in Finland or just where you are located ?
Or is like American ISP's where you have to pay out the ass for better internet ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12910
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:52 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

There's no point investing in a high-tech HD capture device when my current shitty internet can barely handle 480. My upload speed is like 500 kilos at best.

Really ? Oh man that's pretty crap to hear.
Yeah a suppose you're right.
Is internet always that bad in Finland or just where you are located ?
Or is like American ISP's where you have to pay out the ass for better internet ?

Depends on where you live, really. At home I have just a generally bad upload speed and at my apartment I only have mobile internet. I should look into cable at some point.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Mcghie
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
avatar

Steam : BioDeamz
Posts : 2027
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 25
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:54 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Depends on where you live, really. At home I have just a generally bad upload speed and at my apartment I only have mobile internet. I should look into cable at some point.

Definitely man, cable is the best, also if you are not already use a Ethernet cable, so much faster than wireless.
My old apartment was terrible for upload and download speed, I was paying a good price for a ISP that was boasting fast broadband but because I was staying
in the center of a city it was pretty terrible, think this was due to the sheer volume of connections and wifi hotspots interfering with home connections.
Now my new apartment is kind of just outside the city I'm getting better signal and I upgraded to Fibre Optic broadband, which is insanely fast and not that
expensive due to my telephone and tv being included into the package, so it's like a all in one package.
That being said it still takes a hour or half to upload 15 minute gameplay videos at 60FPS on YouTube.
I really hope that in the future YouTube will host faster uploads, would really like to upload videos in like 20 to 30 minutes, that's the internet age I want to live in lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12910
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:29 am

Mcghie wrote:
also if you are not already use a Ethernet cable, so much faster than wireless.

I am. 500kbps upload. I don't like using wireless anyway, I only ever use it if I want to get online on my 3DS.

Fiber's not an option for me either, not available where I live.

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4472
Join date : 2008-12-20
Age : 34
Location : Rockfort Hills, Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Does anyone want me to stream a round of Playboy: The Mansion? Razz

_________________
PerseusRad wrote:
halestride wrote:

PerseusRad wrote:
There are Fireworks outside, but I can't see them very well.

then go outside.

thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
avatar

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction
Posts : 12910
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 27
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:01 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Does anyone want me to stream a round of Playboy: The Mansion? Razz

In the next episode of "How to get banned from Twitch" Razz

_________________
~The Weapon of Mass Distraction~

COMMUNITY:
Resident Evil Forums Facebook: [link]
Resident Evil Forums Steam Group: [link]
Come check my Let's Plays: [link]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://colmillos.deviantart.com/
TheLevelBest
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
avatar

Playstation Network Xense101
Steam : TheLevelBest
Posts : 9
Join date : 2014-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:08 am

Oh wow - how convenient that this topic was created recently.
I joined this forum a while back, but I haven't been active in some time.

For those of you who don't already know, there's a pretty big community for Resident Evil constantly growing on Twitch.tv - I favor the live interaction which is why I haven't been here, but I intend to change that.

I myself am a speedrunner of the series. I focus on RE1 - CVX mainly, but also have a love for the more obscure games in the series (Dead Aim, Survivor, Gaiden, etc) which is pretty niche xD

I've recently began a No Damage Speedrun challenge for RE1 - 3 as I have most experience with the original trilogy. You guys can check out my stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/thelevelbest

I started Tuesday and finished RE1 in a few hours (video below)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/TheLevelBest
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Game streaming    

Back to top Go down
 
Game streaming
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 8 MỌI THỨ VỀ GAME POKEMON
» iOS Game: Star Wars Force Collection
» Shogi Flash game
» Roleplay Game
» Scariest Video Game ever played?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic :: Video Games-
Jump to: