HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) Empty
PostSubject: YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty)   YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 6:16 am

So I made this thread for general YT talk regarding whatever. Leave your vents about how crappy the site has become and how the latest updates made it even crappier for the rant thread.

I made this also to continue the discussion started in waffelz's LP thread. Here it is in one big quote, and my reply to it.

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Then that's really about it as far as video and sound goes, maybe also get someone who is a graphic designer or can do designs for you on your channel like video overlays, thumbnail art, youtube banner, logo design for your avatar or trademarking if you really plan on doing this for a long time.
It's always good to trademark yourself, that way you have a sort of identity that people will recognize over time etc.
I can help out with your graphics if you wish, I'm like the forums graphic guy lol.

Speaking of trademarking, wouldn't it be amazing if channel layouts on YouTube actually differed from each other nowadays? They won't even let you change your channel name without changing your actual username through google+ now. Remember when we used to have channel names? Yeah.

Yeah I hate the facebook layout and because I hand't used my account since when google first bought over facebook, I missed every up date and jumping back into
the layout it was a mess.
I can just remember thinking what happened to the golden rule that every web developers get's taught, knows and practices through their career, "if a user takes more than a few minutes to work out navigation and functions of a site, then you layout if all wrong".
The official quote is something to that effect anyway, I just had to fill up the blanks with my own as I first heard my lecturer at college use the a famous quote and that was a good few years ago now lol.  
What annoys me more is I wouldn't expect a beginner web developer to make such messy layouts and mistakes, let along a MASSIVE name in the digital world, I mean how long has google been operating now ?
They should fire whatever director of design how was in charge of making the changes to youtube as this line of work isn't for him lol.
All it needed was subtle features added to give a better use experience, it didn't have to have it's guts stripped out and replaced with jargon and
nonsense and the whole reason the older YouTube was better is due to the fact's you have just stated, it was more community based and allowed users to have more creative control over their page and content.
The trademarking aspect would allow channels to visually stand out and also allow their fanbase identify them.
Now it's like facebook, everyone is on a level playing field, you all have to be same, no originality allowed.
For me it sucks because I enjoyed creating graphical design's for my sight and getting everything looking nice, now it's only the banner which is a bore.
Yeah I noticed that and every time I sign in or ever few day's if I sign in it always try's to pressure me into using my real account name rather than my persona.
I'm like NO ! FUCK OFF GOOGLE! I chose my youtube name for a reason, I don't want my real name as a channel name.
It is more annoying when they pressure you into doing stuff on their behalf rather than your own.
YouTube for me is single handily went from success to failure and it makes me more mad that a company that knows what they are doing fucked the whole thing up.
I also predict that this same scenario will happen with the Occulus Rift now, Facebook will say "oh we have big plans for it, blah blah blah", give the money grabbing scumbags a few months or even a year and they will have the such a great advancement in VR destroyed and manipulated for their own finicial gain.
It will use it's opportunity to cash in on advertisement and small commodities that help out corporate suits, I can put any money on that.

While the constant badgering about using my real name is a real bitch, I meaant the actual channel's name, not your username shown on top of it. My channel used to be named "The Weapon of Mass Distraction" but my usernme is, as it has always been, GiantMoth. Now it just displays "GiantMoth" on top of the page and the only way to change this is to change your actual username, all through the wondrous and magnificent google+

Speaking of Oculus Rift, I doubt FB is really going to change much to it other than possibly adding some social media interaction features. Seriously, FB has been waaaaay more user friendly over the years than google has ever been and hasn't dabbled too much with their acquisitions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Crowbar
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty)   YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 8:42 am

I like the comment system, everything else is terrible though. I like being able to comment without a limit and for as long as I want, and being able to put links into them helps as well.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty)   YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 10:31 am

Crowbar wrote:
I like the comment system, everything else is terrible though. I like being able to comment without a limit and for as long as I want, and being able to put links into them helps as well.

Terrible were the early days of that system when virus and advertisement links were plentiful. Thankfully you don't see much of those anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty)   YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty) Empty

Back to top Go down

YouTube General - Channel talk etc. (non-ranty)
Page 1 of 1