Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Neck "Snap"! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Neck "Snap"! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Neck "Snap"! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Neck "Snap"! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Neck "Snap"! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Neck "Snap"! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Neck "Snap"! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Neck "Snap"! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Neck "Snap"!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 pm

RE4 Mercs HUNK was probably the first character to start using the neck snap, like it was a huge statement. However Chris R. in RE5 also used the neck snap like a trademark move. So who does it REALLY belong to?

Do note that the neck snap is actually absent from HUNK's repertoire of moves in Mercs3D, but he does snap a neck in ORC, of one of the UBCS in the opening cutscene. Which seems unnecessary as the UBCS and HUNK's USS are both working for Umbrella, but obviously HUNK is passionate about snapping necks sooo. Now, Chris utilizes the neck snap back to back in RE5 and RE6. This is a tough one.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 am

While HUNK's neck snap was great in RE4 I kinda like his hidden blade moves more. I just wish I could use that scythe that he carries on his Mr. Death outfit in Mercs3D.

One thing to note, though, is that HUNK's neck snap was more easily performed than Chris', which I appreciated. I very rarely used the neck breaker with Chris in any game. With HUNK you just shoot an enemy in the head and do your thing, while with Chris you have to be more specific and you can only do it from behind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

The neck snap doesn't belong to either HUNK or Chris. Do you realize how many characters share melee moves between Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and The Mercenaries 3D?

Leon/Jill/Krauser - Roundhouse
Sheva/Krauser - Impale
Josh/Krauser - Shoulder Tackle
Chris/HUNK - Neck Snap
Leon/Josh - Suplex
Ada/Sheva/Claire - Back Kick
Chris/Claire - Stomp
Chris/Claire - Hook
Sheva/Krauser - Throat Slit

I'm sure I've missed some. Also, those are just the ones that are exactly the same. There's still many melee moves that characters share that are very similar to one another. Nobody really owns any melee moves, because everyone eventually shares one.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:04 pm

DampRevil wrote:
The neck snap doesn't belong to either HUNK or Chris. Do you realize how many characters share melee moves between Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and The Mercenaries 3D?

Sheva/Krauser - Impale
Chris/HUNK - Neck Snap
Leon/Josh - Suplex
Chris/Claire - Stomp
Chris/Claire - Hook

I'm sure I've missed some. Also, those are just the ones that are exactly the same. There's still many melee moves that characters share that are very similar to one another. Nobody really owns any melee moves, because everyone eventually shares one.
I guess you could also say that Chris and Josh share similar straight punch moves.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:23 pm

DampRevil wrote:

Sheva/Krauser - Impale
Chris/HUNK - Neck Snap
Leon/Josh - Suplex
Chris/Claire - Stomp
Chris/Claire - Hook

But you see, who other than HUNK or Chris has actually snapped a neck in RE? Or any video games for that matter. But it has definitely become a "trademark" for each. I mean anyone that played RE4 Mercs with HUNK knows ONE thing! HUNK's beast neck-snapping move! Right? Then, they go and have HUNK open ORC by snapping a UBCS neck. Im sold on it.

I think Mass swayed my final answer, which is HUNK. I mean, it reall was sooo much easier and quickee to do in RE4 than it is having to shoot them to their knees, then running up BEHIND them in order to perform the move with Chris. I would know, as thats pretty much the one melee I use when doing a Mercs run as Chris, in order to keep that combo going. Plus, HUNK could even neck snap the Bella sisters! Is HUNK gonna have to choke a bitch?

Well anyway, HUNK is my vote. I think its sort of a big statement when HUNK does that. Lemme also add that HUNK performs the same neck snap from RE4, in UC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:38 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Nobody really owns any melee moves, because everyone eventually shares one.

No one, and I repeat no one, share's Excella's backhand of death. Gotta love that move.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

No one, and I repeat no one, share's Excella's backhand of death. Gotta love that move.

I would hate to get bitch slapped by Excella. She seems to like heavy rings.

And also, alot of those moves you mentioned Damp, arent exactly the same, verbatim. Like Josh and Helena's elbow drops are totally different, for example.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:55 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I sure do own these melee moves.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:36 pm

@Teh Spike There's other people besides Chris and HUNK who have snapped someone's neck. Jill's "Head Grab" snaps an enemies neck, just like Claire's "Neck Kick" does too. Whether it's done in a different fashion, it's still neck snapping either way. You mentioned Josh and Helena's elbow drops being done differently, but they're both still using their elbows to kill somone. Same applies for Chris and HUNK. While they both snap necks the same, they go about doing it differently.

@Mass Distraction You got me there! I remember Capcom said that was done to be comical!

@Nobudy I see what you did there!  tongue 
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:00 pm

I didnt forget about Jill's moves, and I didnt even consider Claire. But even though Jill may have some fixation or fetish involving the snapping of one's neck in between her thighs(UC and RE5), I purposely left those out because im talking about some good old fashioned just grabbing someone's head with your hands and straight up snapping their neck, in the fashion that HUNK and Chris do.

But I guess what my point was, is that the neck snapping, while others do it, like Jill or Claire or Piers, its special and sort of a trademark for HUNK and Chris, especially HUNK.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:52 pm

If we're going by "trademarks", wouldn't most have trademark melee moves too?
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

It gives the saying "bitch slapped" a whole new meaning  Laughing .

On the topic - I'd say Hunk. It suits him more,being the Grim Reaper and all.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:03 am

DampRevil wrote:
If we're going by "trademarks", wouldn't most have trademark melee moves too?

You're right! *original RE1 Jill voice*

But we are only talking about neck snapping like HUNK and Chris do. However, yes, id like to think alot of other charactrrs have signature or "trademark" like moves. Jill like to snap necks with her lower body instead of using hands, Excella uses slaps, I think that "Thrust Punch" is a trademark move of Wesker, he uses it in RE4, RE5, UC(just cuz), and in the cutscene where him and Chris meet for the first time in CVX.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Okay, got it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Neck "Snap"! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Neck "Snap"!   The Neck "Snap"! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Neck "Snap"!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion-
Jump to: