Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Left for Dead 2 Glitch

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
spawn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

Left for Dead 2 Glitch Empty
PostSubject: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:40 am

Okay...so I tried posting this in the User News board but it got taken down. I'm not sure why, but I asked Mass and he told me to try posting again here. So we'll see how this goes.

Anyways. Me and my buddy were playing some L4D2 the other day and we encountered what was probably the craziest glitch either of us had ever seen. We were trying out a new campaign called "Day Break" which was a top rated campaign on the Steam Workshop and "l4dmaps.com". I had booted up the map before we started playing to see if it was functioning properly and everything seemed to be in order, however, when we started up our game everything went to hell real fast haha. I know someone is going to ask, but no we did not hack the game. We had no idea what was going on and I think you can tell I am telling the truth by our genuine reactions (AKA my incoherent laughing/crying...sorry about that lol). We did have some model and texture mods in place (all downloaded from Steam), but it is extremely unlikely that these would've caused the game to break like it did. We still have no idea what caused it. If you have seen anything like this while playing L4D2 or know someone who has let me know! I haven't been able to find anything so far.

Here is the video posted to my friends channel:

On a side note, I also recently started up a small website. Just kind of as a hobby. I tried doing the YouTube thing a few years back but it never really amounted to anything. My live commentary skills were sort of lacking I think. What I did realize from doing it is that I really enjoyed talking about games and if I could do so in a more controlled and structured format (i.e. an article) it might be something I could get good at doing. The website is www.systemflux.net - it is pretty bare-bones at the moment and lacking a lot of content but there are a few articles posted. If you have the time, and feel like checking it out I would definitely appreciate it, along with any feedback you wish to give. I'm mostly concerned with the structure of the website at the moment, its aesthetics. I want to make sure it functions well before I start filling it up with articles. I think that is all I have to say. I guess, in case any admin wants to take this post down again, just know I already spoke with an admin who told me to post here. Please PM me if you still have any concerns...or comment below, or whatever lol.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:11 am

I'm really liking the look of your site, nice job :DI'll be dropping a link to that on another forum I go to, they have a thread dedicated for site promotions. I'm also sure Mcghie would have some constructive input on it.

As for the glitch, I'll watch the vid tomorrow. Now I'm off to sleep. Mass Distraction signing out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 am

Remember Counter Strike Very Happy Sv_Gravity 100 Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D You messed with some cheats ?Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm really liking the look of your site, nice job :DI'll be dropping a link to that on another forum I go to, they have a thread dedicated for site promotions. I'm also sure Mcghie would have some constructive input on it.
Thanks! Very Happy

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Remember Counter Strike Very Happy Sv_Gravity 100 Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D You messed with some cheats ?Rolling Eyes
Nope, no cheats. Like I said in my original post, the only mods we had in place were texture and model mods. I've used all of these mods in the past and haven't come across any issues with them. We were also playing on an Official Dedicated Server. We loaded up the campaign just like you would any other campaign and everything went crazy. The video starts off just after we were loaded into the map. We didn't do anything we wouldn't normally do and I haven't been able to find any other stories of people experiencing similar glitches.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Not you, someone else hacking and not telling....

I've played with a guy like that on Xbox Live.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:12 pm

@PWNERX I guess so..but it would have to have been whoever was running the server. Me and my friend were the only ones in the game - neither of us can hack. If that is the case then I don't know why we were kicked from the server.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Well, anyone caught using cheats would get kicked...like in Borderlands. Guys with Mod Guns can still give those away and keep those Mod attributes....then you get flack.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 12:08 pm

I would have said go more with bootstrap or wordpress as your framework for the site.
However that would be my ideal chose, yours may differ.
The site is looking okay, a little bland but it seems like the CSS3 scripts are working in order.
If you ever need a design template done or even script work
and eye catching animations then just give me shout, be glad to help.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Mcghie wrote:
I would have said go more with bootstrap or wordpress as your framework for the site.
However that would be my ideal chose, yours may differ.
The site is looking okay, a little bland but it seems like the CSS3 scripts are working in order.
If you ever need a design template done or even script work
and eye catching animations then just give me shout, be glad to help.

Wow, thanks! Very Happy

The reason everything is in working order is because I am going through GoDaddy...(haha). I have virtually no knowledge of HTML script, and neither does my friend so paying $12/year for a site builder didn't seem like a bad idea. It is pretty limiting software and it has its own set of bugs and malfunctions but it got the site off the ground. So I really do appreciate it haha.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am

spawn wrote:

The reason everything is in working order is because I am going through GoDaddy...(haha). I have virtually no knowledge of HTML script, and neither does my friend so paying $12/year for a site builder didn't seem like a bad idea. It is pretty limiting software and it has its own set of bugs and malfunctions but it got the site off the ground. So I really do appreciate it haha.

No, that's completely understandable.
These website builder clients are great for people who want to make a site but have only little knowledge in coding and design.
They offer tool-sets and scripts so you can just basically drag and drop into them.
The best site would be the premium account for WordPress, it's roughly the same price for hosting but it is only a framework so you do
have to have knowledge in HTML and CSS coding in order to get a great looking site.
I'm really loving bootstrap at the moment, look it up if you're interested, I'm sure there will be a mass of tutorials to teach you how to use it.
A lot of the time I usually make templates through Photoshop and export as HTML as to speed up the coding process and just add CSS3 scripting in order
to make the webpage interactive and function.
You should learn more HTML and CSS, it really isn't that hard as HTML is only a mark-up language rather than a coding language and you can virtually learn it in a few
days, the more you do work with HTML the more fluency you gain.
A good site for learning programming is code academy, it takes you from step 1 to the very last step and it's easy to understand.
It treats everyone as if it's their first time programming and has a built in compiler so you get live results rather than jotting it down in notepad and constantly opening HTML
files through the browser.
Also on top of that check out tuts+, they have fantastic tutorials on everything from full website building to making unique and awesome looking scripts for your
website.
They have a lot of the sample lessons however most require you to have a subscription in order to continue or to look at the useful tutorials.
The price is not that much and the content you get is well worth it, they are basically giving away key knowledge for nothing when they could at
least charge a lot for it.
I will drop both links at the bottom of this comment for you to have a look at.

http://www.codecademy.com/dashboard

https://tutsplus.com/

Here is also another site that teaches you coding, however it is a little harder for beginners to understand but the depth of lessons are amazing.
Plus if you pay for a course they give you a industry recognised qualification and certificate at the end if you pass your exams so that might be good for your resume
if you ever choose to pursue a career in web/software development.
However you don't really need these certificate as a strong portfolio is usually what catches clients eyes.
They are still handy to have though as if you're applying for a big company they always want portfolio and or qualification and certificates to show your theoretical background on
the subjects.  

http://www.w3schools.com/
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:05 pm

@Mcghie
Thanks for all of the info! I will certainly look in to all of that. I've heard that HTML is very easy to learn, I just haven't had the time in recent months. One of my biggest concerns is running out of space for my website. I have a limit of 1000 pages. It seemed like a lot at the time, and I am nowhere close to filling all of that space.. I just feel once I get things going at a steady pace, it will become a problem. Is there anything I can do coding wise, or would I have to upgrade my contract with GoDaddy? For instance, could I store multiple overlapping blocks of text on one page, but only display one block at a time? Kind of like a page-numbering system but all kept on one page?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:45 pm

spawn wrote:
@Mcghie
Thanks for all of the info! I will certainly look in to all of that. I've heard that HTML is very easy to learn, I just haven't had the time in recent months. One of my biggest concerns is running out of space for my website. I have a limit of 1000 pages. It seemed like a lot at the time, and I am nowhere close to filling all of that space.. I just feel once I get things going at a steady pace, it will become a problem. Is there anything I can do coding wise, or would I have to upgrade my contract with GoDaddy? For instance, could I store multiple overlapping blocks of text on one page, but only display one block at a time? Kind of like a page-numbering system but all kept on one page?

[left]Yeah it is, you will find it a breeze once you learn the basics.
You are on a forum so there is a huge chunk of HTML knowledge already learned. especially if you have been around forums for years
when we didn't have scripts for buttons and we had to type out the tags.
All you really need to do is learn the Syntax for HTML and the rest it's just merely tagging and pointing the computer to
the file link.
I'm not to sure I understand your question, do you mean like have all the text on one page but when in browser the computer will correspond to
text for certain pages ?
As far as I know, no.
There could be a method or a handy script that does it for you out there, but I've not looked into this before.
Do a google search or find a Web development help forum, maybe someone out there will be able to point you in the right directions.
A basic website shouldn't really exceed that many pages, however if you are building a site that will constantly be updating with news pages and such, then
yeah you will have to upgrade as sites such as these means you will be posting a lot of content.
However each page you can have multiple news or page updates.
Say your HOME page features numerous articles on gaming, you can have them all posted on the page and just style it with CSS so it has a handy thumbnail and
some content info or text and have a hyperlink that takes you to the specific article, this along will free up space.
If you don't know what kind of style I'm going on about then have a look on Kotakus, 1up or screw attacks webpages, these are the trending style for journalist news sites.
If you are just going for a website that features information on your site and downloads and footage content then yeah you should be fine as your website will not require you to have a vast archive of information and pages.
Also like I pointed out previously, look up TutsPlus, as their web design tutorials will give you updated (as of this year and ongoing) web design trends and tips and tricks.
I picked up how to multi optimize sites for PC, tablet and mobile from them and it was just basically a handy and easy script code that HTML5 could recognize and meant that
the site would get information from the browser on the resolution of the device that the viewer was look at it on and re-scaled the site to fit and work on their site without warping or down sampling the image and resolution quality.
A while back you had to have multiple designs of the website on the server and virtually code each individual design to fit on different devices which would be time consuming and also a pain in the ass, majority of the time it would be trial and error and soul destroying hours trying to tweak
every aspect of your design so it would work on these said devices lol.
The site is amazing and for knowing these handy tips and tricks it makes life a lot easier, so yeah you
should defo have a look at that site, you wont regret the tricks you pick up.

[left]
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 pm

spawn wrote:
@Mcghie
I don't know if it's possible with only HTML, but like Mcghie said, you can use a script to do that. For example:

Code:
<html>
<head>
<script>
function changeText()
{
 document.write("<h1>Here is some more text</h1>");
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<h1 onclick="changeText()">Click here to change text!</h1>

<h1>This is text</h1>

</body>
</html>

The code creates this page:
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:29 am

37 Narwhals wrote:

I don't know if it's possible with only HTML, but like Mcghie said, you can use a script to do that. For example:

Thanks for your input Narwhals.
If this is the type of thing your on about then yeah use Narwhals example.
Also I assume you have Dreamweaver, if so then I'm pretty sure they might have preset scripts such as this built into the program.
I've not had a proper look all the scripts Dreamweaver has built into it's program.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left for Dead 2 Glitch   Left for Dead 2 Glitch Empty

Back to top Go down

Left for Dead 2 Glitch
Page 1 of 1