Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
You were slightly correct EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
You were slightly correct EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
You were slightly correct EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
You were slightly correct EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
You were slightly correct EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
You were slightly correct EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
You were slightly correct EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
You were slightly correct EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
You were slightly correct EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

You were slightly correct

Go down 
+8
NiteKrawler
Sargent D
Vandal
Mass Distraction
37 Narwhals
Nobudy
weskersbarber
MSR
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

You were slightly correct Empty
PostSubject: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Mercy, or Vandal...?

I got my RE6 again, and it is probably my least favourite RE game in the main series, which includes RE0, RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, CVX, RE4 and RE5. And possibly RER.

I got RE6 Archives, which has CVX HD.

The story is still pretty good, but the gameplay is riddled with firefights. It is quite annoying and dull.

The controls are still nice however.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyTue May 14, 2013 4:33 pm

I loved most of it in my first play through, then played it all over agin last month and I can see it for what it is, 90% dog shite. The other 10% was good, such as some of the locations, enemies, voice acting etc but overall a weak RE title.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Why is everyone so worked up about shooting enemies just to defend yourself. In these situations plus video games physics, I'd go for the fight in a fight or flight situation if I know I can take them. And please no one say that I'm not a "true fan". True, my first RE games was 4, but I decided to play 2 afterwards and later, 1 so I can understand the story. I like them all.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Why is everyone so worked up about shooting enemies just to defend yourself. In these situations plus video games physics, I'd go for the fight in a fight or flight situation if I know I can take them. And please no one say that I'm not a "true fan". True, my first RE games was 4, but I decided to play 2 afterwards and later, 1 so I can understand the story. I like them all.
Using guns to defend yourself isn't the problem, that's been in RE since the beginning, the problem is that too many enemies are using guns.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:50 am

I play the game in short bursts so I haven't really gotten annoyed at it yet. I've played through Leon twice and will propably move onto Chris, Jake and Ada soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I play the game in short bursts so I haven't really gotten annoyed at it yet. I've played through Leon twice and will propably move onto Chris, Jake and Ada soon.

Have you not completed the game then?

I think the first 2 or 3 chapters in Leon's were superb, the rest of the game not so good.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:25 am

I go by Vandal now. Mercy seemed a little… well lets just say people were lazy amd didn't bother clicking my profile.

At any rate, Resident Evil 6 is gppd for the first play through only. I wish I had stopped like you, but the more you play it the more annoyed you get. Once you know the story, there's nothing more the game has to offer. Not even costumes. What gives Capcom? What gives?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:53 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Have you not completed the game then?
I have. I meant that I'm going to move onto those characters for a second playthrough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Overall I thought the game was neither amazing nor horrible, it was just mediocre to me, and it just doesn't seem that memorable either. It could have been better, a lot better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Vandal wrote:
I go by Vandal now. Mercy seemed a little… well lets just say people were lazy amd didn't bother clicking my profile.

People trying to get into those pants of yours Mercy ol' girl? Razz
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Vandal wrote:
Ha! I didn't even have to look at your profile to know who you were. You do have a point about 6 though. What happened to the infinite rocket launcher? What happened to choosing alt costumes for the main story? As for random firefights, I don't play Call of Duty (I did about once and I hated it) or Gears of War (Never heard of it). My brother on the other hand, does play Call of Duty. When I got my brother to play Chris' scenario with me, he stated that it doesn't play like CoD at all. And really the only parts of the game with actual firefights is Chris' game (he's in a military like unit so that explains it), Jake's (No idea why), and the J'avo portions of Ada's game.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy, or Vandal...?

I got my RE6 again, and it is probably my least favourite RE game in the main series, which includes RE0, RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, CVX, RE4 and RE5. And possibly RER.

I got RE6 Archives, which has CVX HD.

The story is still pretty good, but the gameplay is riddled with firefights. It is quite annoying and dull.

The controls are still nice however.

I've not played Resident Evil 6 or any other new survival horror games in ages. I'm guessing it's because of how they are these days and I think the stories aren't very interesting anymore. Resident Evil just ain't what it was, but that is sadly how it is with a lot of franchises. They can run out of juice and then they just make more for the heck of it. I was left feeling that everything released in 2012 was hyped up badly beforehand, but the results didn't quite live up to my expectations either way. I also don't think you can really be "scared" of an RE game now, with all the helpers in it, both NPC and co-op. It just isn't likely. Plus, we are older too. This series started in the 1990s when a lot of us on here must have been like 14 or something. I'm 27 now, so I cannot be scared of RE at my age.

Yes? affraid
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:05 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Vandal wrote:

my sig probably didn't help his case any either. Oh Jamesy and GL. Btw Jamesy, my spell check thing doesn't recognize your name as correct spelling. Razz And yes Narwhals, the enemies taking cover and shooting back at us is exactly what I'm talking about. It's so tiresome.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:30 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Vandal wrote:

It's not something I'm proud of or understood for a while. I think someone called me a Leon Fan Girl at one point, I thought they were saying that as in "You act like a fan girl" which I can't stand fan girls of any type.

I don't think Jamesy ever knew I was a guy, because I keep telling that to him countless times.

@Spike: I did despise your signature. Made me want to change my screen name.

@Nobudy: Yeah, and Resident Evil 6 isn't really strong on the story either. If you want to end humanity, why not just drop a bomb? Actually, what was the purpose for the outbreak again? Why was Carla trying to kill everything? Why was Simmons such a big deal that we needed to fight him a total of five times? In the end, they seem like a saturday morning cartoon villain twirling their mustache saying to himself: "What's the most evil thing I can do today?"

EDIT: Also, Spike. Take off the word "slightly" in the thread title. Bro. Dude. You know I was correct.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:11 pm

If we are going to be honest here, the story of RE after 3 was pretty horrible. Sure 4 was absolutely the worst, but 5 and 6 are really bad too. (5 was tolerable, 6 not so much. it had some good dialogue and that's it. the whole point, simmons, carla etc, made abso fucking lutely zero sense)

I mean, yeah, the dialogue was always bad (especially in 1, oh god that was an abomination), but the overall story was okay. The mansion, the Bravo team and the Raccoon City were good (except for the nuke, that was unrealistic but whatever).
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Shrike wrote:
If we are going to be honest here, the story of RE after 3 was pretty horrible. Sure 4 was absolutely the worst, but 5 and 6 are really bad too. (5 was tolerable, 6 not so much. it had some good dialogue and that's it. the whole point, simmons, carla etc, made abso fucking lutely zero sense)

I mean, yeah, the dialogue was always bad (especially in 1, oh god that was an abomination), but the overall story was okay. The mansion, the Bravo team and the Raccoon City were good (except for the nuke, that was unrealistic but whatever).

I feel Code Veronica had a good storyline as it shone more light on Umbrella.
The story for RE5 was amazing I have to say, shame about the game being less than desirable.
RE6 story was actually really well done as well, the game on the other hand was a different story.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Vandal wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Vandal wrote:

It's not something I'm proud of or understood for a while. I think someone called me a Leon Fan Girl at one point, I thought they were saying that as in "You act like a fan girl" which I can't stand fan girls of any type.

I don't think Jamesy ever knew I was a guy, because I keep telling that to him countless times.

@Spike: I did despise your signature. Made me want to change my screen name.

@Nobudy: Yeah, and Resident Evil 6 isn't really strong on the story either. If you want to end humanity, why not just drop a bomb? Actually, what was the purpose for the outbreak again? Why was Carla trying to kill everything? Why was Simmons such a big deal that we needed to fight him a total of five times? In the end, they seem like a saturday morning cartoon villain twirling their mustache saying to himself: "What's the most evil thing I can do today?"

EDIT: Also, Spike. Take off the word "slightly" in the thread title. Bro. Dude. You know I was correct.
If I remember, the reason Carla caused the outbreaks was because she wanted to destroy the world that Simmons' family had been molding for centuries. This was also part of her revenge plan. As for Simmons, I'm not sure. If they wanted to make him the final boss, they should have waited until late Chapter 5 to inject him and mutate him. It doesn't matter if the C-Virus came from the T-Veronica and G-Virus or not. Seven battles was way too much. Even Willy B's battles weren't as numerous and they spanned over the entire scenario. Though RE6 is still a pretty good game in my opinion. Then again. I don't stray too far into the Video Game world.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:15 pm

I've been playing Metro: Last Light, and I can tell you, there are way more survival elements and horror elements in the game than Resident Evil 6 could ever dream of.

If she wanted to destroy the world why didn't she just nuke it? There's no messy clean up, and you don't have to worry about survivors foiling your plans on destroying the world because you already destroyed it.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Vandal wrote:
I've been playing Metro: Last Light, and I can tell you, there are way more survival elements and horror elements in the game than Resident Evil 6 could ever dream of.

If she wanted to destroy the world why didn't she just nuke it? There's no messy clean up, and you don't have to worry about survivors foiling your plans on destroying the world because you already destroyed it.

She was crazy and wanted dead people to roam the earth. And the HAOS BOW she created. Called it her child or something. The bitch was all kinds of crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You were slightly correct   You were slightly correct Empty

Back to top Go down

You were slightly correct
Page 1 of 1