Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Dinosaurs

Go down 
+7
Vandal
RebelliousQueen
Limey
Industrial Ridden
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
SWITCHMYND
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Dinosaurs  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:35 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well many of these creatures could probably not survive in the wild today.
Even still, we still shouldn't be actively trying to revive them. I'd rather my future children not be dinner for some 8-foot-tall, fast-as-a-cheetah alpha predator.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 am

Did humanity not learn anything from Jurassic Park?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ian's chaos theory asserts that all contained complicated systems will find a way to escape and be in the open... Thinking about it, Jurassic Park was very like Resident Evil.... -disturbed-
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:08 am

im sure we could learn from those movies if they did bring them back lol yes put them on an island but up security and etc. Many people i know want a zombie outbreak. me i just want a better jurassic park. also im sure we could make it to where they would survive in our time.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 am

Limey wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ian's chaos theory asserts that all contained complicated systems will find a way to escape and be in the open... Thinking about it, Jurassic Park was very like Resident Evil.... -disturbed-
More like Dino Crisis Razz
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Limey wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
More like Dino Crisis Razz
Which that is an awesome game, if they did a reboot i would be very pleased.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 am

halestride wrote:
im sure we could learn from those movies if they did bring them back lol yes put them on an island but up security and etc.
No security system can control nature. Only a fool thinks otherwise. People that think like you frighten me more than anything else on this planet and beyond.

Quote :
Many people i know want a zombie outbreak.
They're fools, too. Look at New Orleans after Katrina or Haiti after the earthquake, see what happens when society breaks down into savagery. It's not pretty or fun because people suffer and die.

Quote :
also im sure we could make it to where they would survive in our time.
Warning: graphic!
Spoiler:

A bear did that. A bear. And that's *tame* compared to other such attacks. A Utahraptor would tear even the biggest and baddest bear apart without much effort. Do you really want such a monster running loose?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 am

i believe it could be possible, and no not running loose it really would kill everyone but locked up better than jurassic park, but Whatever like i said before it was just a thought you dont have to insult my thinking and im a but fan of dinos so stop killing my buzz. also that person should learn not to play with bears.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:45 am

I'd rather kill your buzz, than have to look over my shoulder every day for a super predator that would tear me open and eat me alive. The only factor you're considering here is "ZOMG DINOZ R KOOL", you're completely ignoring the real world ramifications of such creatures living in the same world as us.

I'm a fan of Megatron and Lord Zedd, but we'd all be in deep shit if they were real. Enjoy dinosaurs all you want, but please, for the sake of humanity, don't tamper with nature's course.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 am

Your use of the word "fool" in the second post on this page made me think of...

Dinosaurs  - Page 2 Tumblr_lvi2dqVMMV1qdg9pv

Thanks for that Razz
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:58 pm

if its going to happen then its going to fucking happen, and there on a damn island and our military and security is strong enough to to keep it under-control so you'll be looking over your shoulder at people not dinos.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Am I the only one who, while driving at night with dense forest on both of my sides, imagines a T-Rex just randomly smashing out of the forest like the one from Jurassic Park?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Am I the only one who, while driving at night with dense forest on both of my sides, imagines a T-Rex just randomly smashing out of the forest like the one from Jurassic Park?
No i think it would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:34 pm

halestride wrote:
if its going to happen then its going to fucking happen, and there on a damn island and our military and security is strong enough to to keep it under-control so you'll be looking over your shoulder at people not dinos.
And there will be people like you that will sneak off to this island, resulting in deaths. Then there will be other people like you that will want to bring these creatures off said island and build theme parks around them, resulting in deaths.

You cannot control nature no matter how much you try, fool. Why else are we at the mercy of floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, and other natural occurrences? Dinosaurs had their time and that time is over now. The world is already flooded with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons because too many people meddle in things they shouldn't these days. Leave Pandora's Box well enough alone.

Quote :
No i think it would be awesome.
What if it's tearing your children apart piece by piece? Would it still be awesome then?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:36 pm

You must of had a bad childhood with dinos.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Actually, we will be able to control every aspect of nature at some point. Probably within the next 200 years at least. That is the definition of a type 1 society.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:50 pm

halestride wrote:
You must of had a bad childhood with dinos.
No, actually I loved them. But at the same time, I know that humanity could never coexist with them. We have a hard enough time coexisting with today's wildlife as it is. Tell me, is the scene in this photo "awesome"?

Graphic!:

If you want to see a real-life dinosaur, go to the crocodile and alligator pens at your closest zoo. Go to the nearest aquarium and look at a coelacanth or a frilled shark. None have changed since the time of the dinosaurs.

NiteKrawler wrote:
Actually, we will be able to control every aspect of nature at some point. Probably within the next 200 years at least. That is the definition of a type 1 society.
Give me a documented example of one of these societies, at any point in known history.

One of the downsides to your atheistic view, Nite, is that you can't recognize the fact that some lines should never be crossed. You don't have the right to play God. No one does.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:05 am

hes the dumbass that got that close, with dinos we are not going to be up on the damn cages. two its going to happen weather you want it to or not i dont control other people. oh also we have the metal to cage them in areas that will not break, our military has the weaponry and tech to keep them at bay. your not safe no matter what we have a better chance of controling dinos then we do people and this is proof. very graphic http://spotlightentnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Man-Face-Eaten-off-Picture.jpg
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:22 am

I can see it now go into the petstore and buy a dinosaur
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 pm

chocotricks wrote:
I can see it now go into the petstore and buy a dinosaur
awesome right?! its like geting a dino from dinotopia
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

If you want to see a real-life dinosaur, go to the crocodile and alligator pens at your closest zoo. Go to the nearest aquarium and look at a coelacanth or a frilled shark. None have changed since the time of the dinosaurs.

That's a very good point. Dinosaurs are cool and all, but I'll be damned if I ever get close to one of those death dealers we call crocodiles. It's just not happening. There is a reason they have not evolved for so long. They are the perfect killer as is. Like sharks. Oh god sharks...

Ghost Leader wrote:

Give me a documented example of one of these societies, at any point in known history.

One of the downsides to your atheistic view, Nite, is that you can't recognize the fact that some lines should never be crossed. You don't have the right to play God. No one does.

I never said any known society has advanced to type 1. For now, humanity is still toiling along as a type 0 society. However, it is inevitable (unless we kill each other off) that we will advance to a type 1. And it will probably be fairly soon. You can read about the different types that civilizations will go through in Michio Kaku's "Physics of the Future". Controlling the rains, diverting tornadoes, calming hurricanes...None of that is outside of science and controlling nature like this will save billions of lives. Also, my atheistic worldview has nothing to do with my position on scientific advancement. However, I would argue that one of the downsides to your conservative worldview is that you are constantly opposed to progress. You do realize that there were a ton of people like you who feared scientific progress in the past as well. Things like unraveling the mystery of DNA, mapping the human genome, stem cell research (which is still highly feared), etc. In fact, the fear of stem cell research will result in ruined lives and death because of how much it is slowing progress in that very promising area.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Nicely said
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Here. The man himself can articulate it better than I!

Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:41 pm

I figure its pointless to control everything because the way I see it if we can control our earth how we want then they will be a lot less deaths and eventually our population will skyrocket and therefore eventually causing a collapse on ourselves. DAMNED IF WE DO DAMNED IF WE DONT
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:54 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Here. The man himself can articulate it better than I!

Spoiler:
I love that guy Very Happy He appears on quite a few shows on the Discovery Network.

chocotricks wrote:
I figure its pointless to control everything because the way I see it if we can control our earth how we want then they will be a lot less deaths and eventually our population will skyrocket and therefore eventually causing a collapse on ourselves. DAMNED IF WE DO DAMNED IF WE DONT
Well, either that or someone will figure how to use weather control as a weapon resulting in even more deaths. That's just how humans work, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs    Dinosaurs  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic-
Jump to: