Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Best Partners/Duos

Go down 
+6
Mcghie
Mass Distraction
Outbreakgirl
Known_Hero
Ghost Leader
MSR
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
I know who Robin is--which is why I said he sucks. I was making a comparison to Batman/Robin and Batman/Catwoman. I'm curious as to why you(Mercy) thought I didn't know who Robin was.
If you did know who Robin was you'd understand why Robin is a better choice as a team up than Catwoman. To say that "Robin sucks" is an uneducated statement; therefore, you don't know who Robin is.
I know very well who Robin is and I agree that he sucks. I'd rather have Catwoman, too.
I didn't want to go nerd, but… I don't see how Batman and Catwoman is seen as a better duo. A prefered love interest, but not a better team up. They're too different in the dynamics of their relationships, one where Batman and Robin just works better.

Plus, the latest Batman and Robin team up is freaking amazing. Bruce has always adopted his Robin's—save for Steph Brown, who didn't last more than five issues anyway—but now, this is his biological son, raised a killer: Damian Wayne. The chemistry between the two characters is so perfect. A lot of friction between the two, yet they had a surprising bond between father and son. Even the last Batman and Robin team up with Dick Grayson as Batman and Damian Wayne as Robin, that was an excellent duo. Dick was constantly trying to fit in the Dark Knight's admittedly large shoes, and Damian would constantly remind him of the responsibility he was taking on. They were brothers in law, standing behind the symbol of hope in Gotham.

I could go down the list of every Robin and what made them more suitable than Catwoman. But even if you do think Catwoman is a better partner, don't say Robin sucks. There's five people who held that mantel. Each one of them are unique, in their own right, and each of them growing as characters and icons.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:28 am

To me, Robin always seemed more like a tag-along than an actual partner. Sure, he saved Batman a few times here and there but in the end he'll always be a 2nd rate carbon copy. Let's be real here, does Batman really need Robin? I don't think so.

However, I don't read the comics. My knowledge comes from the old animated series(which I vaguely remember) and Arkham City, so Mercy is right in saying that my comment was an uneducated one. I still think Robin sucks but I don't have the firepower go to head to head with Mercy. So, I'll bow out.

Tom Brady and Bill Bellechick

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 15rmcld
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 am

I'll just say that Robin helped Bruce keep from going completely insane; he doesn't need him to help fight crime, but he does take a toll for him mentally. I appreciate the fact that you can admit that you're not comparably equip to debate; that's something I can't even do cause my pride is so fat.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Chewie and Han Solo
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Untitled-2_zps1de4f1b1

Mercy wrote:
The chemistry between the two characters is so perfect.

Mercy wrote:
A lot of friction between the two

Mercy wrote:
Dick was constantly trying to fit in the Dark Knight's admittedly large...

You make some good points Mercy. I personally think Robin kinda sucks. I did like Chris O'donnell as Robin though, but now he's teamed up with LL Cool J, and no, that is not a team-up that needs to be in this thread. I'm sure GL is aware of what I'm referring. Robin was okay in Teen Titans too I guess, but regardless of how I feel about Bird Boy, I still see him and Fatman as an iconic team up, and one of the best known in the world I think.

I remember an old Christmas jingle I think that bashed on Batman and Robin...I can't remember it though...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm not sure if I agree with you or not Spike. The Batman and Robin team up is legendary, but why on earth would Bruce adopt Dick Grayson when he was in his 20's? That's why I never liked Chris O'Donnell as Robin. I don't mind the other adaptations of Robin in television and games, but the movies never seem to get it right. Tim Drake was excellent in the New Animated series, as was Grayson in both the three seasons before. And he was properly portrayed in Teen Titans and Young Justice. Though, I can't stand the fact that Teen Titans made references to other heroes but never showcased DC's vast library of heroes. Even if they made several references to the Big Man.

And this is the jingle you're thinking of.

"Jingle bells
Batman smells.
Robin laid an egg.
The Batmobile
Lost a wheel. (Jason Todd reference)
And Joker got away."
-Joker in Batman: The Long Halloween.

Edit: I'm clearly geeking the fuck out of this.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:23 am

Mercy wrote:
I'll just say that Robin helped Bruce keep from going completely insane; he doesn't need him to help fight crime, but he does take a toll for him mentally. I appreciate the fact that you can admit that you're not comparably equip to debate; that's something I can't even do cause my pride is so fat.

Humility is a very important trait, my friend

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 5x50ub
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 am

Can't forget these goodfellas.

Robert De Niro & Joe Pesci
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Untitled6_zps5a2e8b5c
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Untitled3_zpsd97fec7d

Mercy wrote:
I'm not sure if I agree with you or not Spike. The Batman and Robin team up is legendary, but why on earth would Bruce adopt Dick Grayson when he was in his 20's? That's why I never liked Chris O'Donnell as Robin. I don't mind the other adaptations of Robin in television and games, but the movies never seem to get it right. Tim Drake was excellent in the New Animated series, as was Grayson in both the three seasons before. And he was properly portrayed in Teen Titans and Young Justice. Though, I can't stand the fact that Teen Titans made references to other heroes but never showcased DC's vast library of heroes. Even if they made several references to the Big Man.

I like Chris O'Onnelle's performace and take on the character, not the storyline or anything. He played a cool Robin, that's all. I also kind of enjoyed Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl.

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Untitled3_zps67e6e99f

Mercy wrote:
Edit: I'm clearly geeking the fuck out of this.

Clearly. I wasn't going to say anything, but your ad in the paper was a bit much.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 am

To be fair, the delorean was gathering dust.

It's hard for me to separate his acting from his role. It was all ridiculous. Everything about it was. And I felt that the least they could have done was dye Alicia's hair red. That feature is iconic to Batgirl. I'm glad Batgirl was in the movie, but I wasn't too happy what they did to her at all.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 am

Mona and Lisa: the toughest bosses in Streets of Rage history

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Wimwg
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Ash williams and chainsaw/shotgun: Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:30 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Ash williams and chainsaw/shotgun: Need I say more?
That's not really a partnership, more like a signature weapon.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Mona and Lisa: the toughest bosses in Streets of Rage history

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Wimwg

Thanks for bringing back all the soul destroying memories Sad
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Here's an obscure one; Jimbo & Sully from Contra III: The Alien Wars. One of my favourite SNES games growing up.

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Clear4us

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Contra3_(13)

I love these guys XD
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 am

That contra comment reminded me of Metal Slug.

Marco and Tarma!
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 2nbaixz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
That contra comment reminded me of Metal Slug.

Nice.

I was thinking cool, I remember Contra. But then I remembered that I do not, and was actually thinking of Metal Slug.

Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre
Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Snoop-dogg-dre-kush
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Marcus and Dom

Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Marcuscoul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Partners/Duos   Best Partners/Duos - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Partners/Duos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2