Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Whadya Think Of Ustanak?

Go down 
+12
Lightning Count
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Progenitor
RebelliousQueen
Vandal
JamTyrantH
chrisredfield84
RaviorStygian
Known_Hero
gucci13
Mass Distraction
MSR
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you like Ustanak from RE6?
Yes
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? Vote_lcap69%Whadya Think Of Ustanak? Vote_rcap
 69% [ 9 ]
No
Whadya Think Of Ustanak? Vote_lcap31%Whadya Think Of Ustanak? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Whadya Think Of Ustanak? Empty
PostSubject: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:18 am

Did you like him or did you dislike him?

013 liked Ustanak, and had a funny little experience, which got me thinking of making this thread.

013 wrote:
Yes, I loved Ustanak, alot. For me he is almost up there with Nemesis if not up there completely.

Oh man, i'll never forget my first fight with him. I was playing as Leon, and Jake and Sherry joined us. I thought, "Oh wow! Now I got 3 people helping me, this fight should be a piece of cake, I probably won't have to do anything." So I run around the corner to get some ammo, I come back like 5 seconds later and ALL 3 of my partners are trapped. XD Sherry in one hand, Helena in the other, and Jake was stuck on a cage on Ustanak's back, and I was like, "WTF how did that even happen???!".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 am

013?

Can we have an option for those who are indifferent because I really didn't hate him but he isn't really on the top of my favorite BOWs list either. He's just kinda... there. I might have a different opinion after I play Jake's campaign on pro.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
gucci13
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

all i can say about Ustanak is that he is the best example of what sherry birkin said:

"not giving up, no matter what the odds"

that B.O.W's persistence is over 9000! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm

He was underwhelming, IMO.

Nemesis was scary because he popped out of seemingly random places and chased you with a bazooka. Ustanak only appears in a few fixed moments and is relatively easy to beat.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:35 pm

gucci13 wrote:
all i can say about Ustanak is that he is the best example of what sherry birkin said:

"not giving up, no matter what the odds"
I liked Jakes "Like an ex-girlfriend. The kind that doesn't know how to quit" better Razz

Known_Hero wrote:

Nemesis was scary because he popped out of seemingly random places and chased you with a bazooka. Ustanak only appears in a few fixed moments and is relatively easy to beat.

Not to mention that almost everything that happens with him is scripted. The best part about Nemesis was that they first gave you options on what to do and even then you didn't necessarily have to fight him, only to have him chasing you around like a maniac.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 pm

I actually like him. Just about everything in Jake's campaign was awesome in my opinion, and Ustanak is one of those things. Plus, he's the best final boss in the whole game. Best boss music, too.

Playing as him is a bit iffy though.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:22 pm

IDK, He caught me off-guard like once or twice.

But i think HAOS was more freaky than ustanak.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:04 pm

i liked him but i still dont know how he survived some of the things you did to him.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Yeah, agreed. He should have been dead after the first encounter.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 am

I actually liked him. Jake/Sherry Campaign. I enjoyed it a lot mostly when Ustanak is around. I admit, he's terrifying at first but when I had a lot of encounters with him I'm starting to love it. Ustanak he's a badass. One of the best boss ever.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 am

I don't understand the appeal for Ustanak. I feel like he's boring. Kind of like Juggernaut on stupid juice since he doesn't talk. Why do you like him? Is it because he's just an unstoppable force?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 am

Mercy wrote:
I don't understand the appeal for Ustanak. I feel like he's boring. Kind of like Juggernaut on stupid juice since he doesn't talk. Why do you like him?

Come on, don't be jealous. I liked him because he's just fun to play with that's all nothing more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I don't understand the appeal for Ustanak. I feel like he's boring. Kind of like Juggernaut on stupid juice since he doesn't talk. Why do you like him?

Come on, don't be jealous. I liked him because he's just fun to play with that's all nothing more. Very Happy
Ah, I do suppose the last battle bewteen Jake and Ustanak was pretty freaking cool. Though in retrospect it's so ridiculous XD
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 am

Mercy wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Ah, I do suppose the last battle between Jake and Ustanak was pretty freaking cool. Though in retrospect it's so ridiculous XD

Lol, I knew that part. See, told you he's fun to play with. I do love the chasing parts. The running and everything. Feels great for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 am

Mercy wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Ah, I do suppose the last battle between Jake and Ustanak was pretty freaking cool. Though in retrospect it's so ridiculous XD

Lol, I knew that part. See, told you he's fun to play with. I do love the chasing parts. The running and everything. Feels great for me. Very Happy
Yeah here are highlights that get you pumped, but other times it's just weird. Like I actually felt like ther were two Ustanaks at one point in Jake Chapter 2.

Jake and Sherry are being pursues by Ustanak and they crawl under this chute that the beast can't get through. But he's smashing his drill arm into it. The duo climbs upstairs and Ustanak is just calmly standing in the center of the ice floor with a bug flying overhead like a spot light, making it look like "Resident Evil on Ice."
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:16 am

Mercy wrote:
Yeah here are highlights that get you pumped, but other times it's just weird. Like I actually felt like ther were two Ustanaks at one point in Jake Chapter 2.

Jake and Sherry are being pursues by Ustanak and they crawl under this chute that the beast can't get through. But he's smashing his drill arm into it. The duo climbs upstairs and Ustanak is just calmly standing in the center of the ice floor with a bug flying overhead like a spot light, making it look like "Resident Evil on Ice."

Yes! I was so shocked that moment. I couldn't believe that he can easily get there that quick. I was like: "Where the hell that he come from?" Yes, it was weird but awesome. Haha
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 am

I enjoy Ustanak more than I did at first. At first I saw him as sort of a flavorless Pursuer caught between Nemesis and Talos and inexplicably more indestructible than both.

But here are things that made me turn my opinion a bit:

1) The way Ustanak views Carla as a mother, and she seems to encourage it. I really enjoy that slice of rudimentary emotion. Also because in different ways they are both monsters, Carla is showing love to her creation the way Simmons never really did to her.

2) The other tiny sliver of info regarding the patient that became Ustanak saying how he volunteered and wanted this fate. And I love how they leave it at that and make you wonder "Who is this guy?!" Before he even becomes a monster.

3) And this one is probably one of the weaker ones, but it justified some things I was uneasy about. The underwater facility found bacteria that could survive in the magma down there and they studied those features of resilience for BOW research. This helps my suspended disbelief in Ustanak being resistant to the lava. Because lava beats rock, paper, and scissors. If you ever get out of lava to keep fighting, my belief is tested. Wesker had a couple seconds for his last goodbye, but Ustanak surfing the explosion after us had me doubting pretty bad at first.

Anyway. He is still not my favorite. But I dig it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 am

Known_Hero wrote:

I agree in total Ustanak is not so bad character, quite scary big dude, that wants to crash you, but it was created based on nemesis and compared to him hell be just a crap . . .
Back to top Go down
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

Playstation Network LightningCamaro

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:47 am

Pretty cool boss but I still prefer Nemesis for a will-hunt-you-down-no-matter-what enemy.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:27 am

Lightning Count wrote:
Pretty cool boss but I still prefer Nemesis for a will-hunt-you-down-no-matter-what enemy.
Same here. I think Ustanak is rather boring compared to things like Nemesis and Mr. X
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Come on, don't be jealous.

Yeah Mercy, don't be jealous of Ustanak.

@Mass, nah, we don't need an indifferent option, unless you really want to add it. I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 am

Ustanak actually ended up being my favorite enemy/boss in any RE game. Reminds me much of Nemesis. Always appearing in many places. My Favorite encounter with him will probably be the part after

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Lightning Count wrote:
Same here. I think Ustanak is rather boring compared to things like Nemesis and Mr. X
Agreed. Although I do like him more than the other bosses in RE6.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Progenitor wrote:
At first I saw him as sort of a flavorless Pursuer caught between Nemesis and Talos and inexplicably more indestructible than both.

Ustanak a flavorless Pursuer? No way!

I didn't realize someone volunteered to be tested on to become that. Interesting, makes me appreciate it a bit more. I really want to go back through Chris and Jake's Campaigns.

Of course how would I? They don't tell us that in the game, and you have to go pretty out of your way just to read some nice Files anyway.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Known_Hero wrote:

Although I thought the overall concept of Ustanak was scary as hell, I agree with this. He just wasn't as intimating as Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whadya Think Of Ustanak?   Whadya Think Of Ustanak? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whadya Think Of Ustanak?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next