Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
POKEMANS!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
POKEMANS!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
POKEMANS!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
POKEMANS!! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
POKEMANS!! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
POKEMANS!! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
POKEMANS!! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
POKEMANS!! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

POKEMANS!!

Go down 
+5
Teh Black Cat
Mass Distraction
Vandal
00biohazard
RaviorStygian
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Black Cat wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Black Cat wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Black Cat wrote:
Every time a good game comes out for a handheld, I always feel like it's a waste.
Tell that to the 300 hours I have in Pokémon Ruby Razz

Lol. I consider the Pokemon games to be different in that aspect. They're prefect for handhelds, and mainly the only reason why I still purchase them.

Games like Resident Evil, I'd just think be more enjoyable on a console.
I see your point. I've quit it with the Pokémon games since the third genetarion, though. At that point I realized they'll never stop making new creatures and decided to stick with Ruby. I still might get Soul Silver since the batteries in my original Silver and Crystal versions have died.

Soul Sliver and Heart Gold are very enjoyable games if you miss the older generations. I honestly didn't find the 5th generation as bad as some people claim it to be. However 4 was horrible. I'll always continue buying and playing them though Razz
I have nothing against the newer generations but I just don't really like the designs. I do like some, like Giratina for example, but that's only a few. That's why I prefer to stick with the older gens. I might go for some of the spinoffs, though. Something like the Explorer's series or the new Pokémon Conquest (I love strategic RPGs).

I get the feeling we need a Pokémon thread.
Personally I find that the games get better with each generation purely because of gameplay improvements. Pokemon Platinum and Heart Gold are easily among the best Pokemon games.

Gold version was always my favorite, but Heart Gold is better in literally every way. Absolutely everything is better in the remake. The only thing missing is 8-bit charm and Kris' awesome design from Crystal version.

Generation IV is easily the best in my opinion. Even if the new Pokemon were a bit lazy since most of them were evolutions of previous Pokemon, those evolutions are still good (Weavile being my favorite Pokemon), the Pokemon availability is better than ever, and the gameplay mechanics were refined to it's peak. And hey, at least none of the Pokemon were ice cream cones, chandeliers, or mummy tablets. Razz But seriously, there's been absurd Pokemon from the start. Geodude? Mr. Mime? (both being able to be female). Even if they seem to be running out of ideas, that doesn't take away from the timeless formula that only get's better.

Can't wait to see if they make remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I've always gotten a kick of thinking of female versions of GeoDUDE and MR. Mime. I mean, that's so ridiculous. A FEMALE MACHAMP! (sorry I just thought of how retarted that is).
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Or a male Jynx. Technically all Pokemon are naked, but Jynx has a dress and a bra… and Tangula had red shoes.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:52 am

It's done! Ravior got the honors of being the first post. Wow, I never knew there were this many people who played the games here. Should've done this earlier.

I do enjoy the gameplay improvements but I dislike the new Pokémon designs. Not all, just... most. At tims it seems like they're running out of ideas. I also might be bias to the older generations because of nostalgia. Anyway, I'm propably getting Soul Silver because it's the older generations but with improvements.

Mercy wrote:
Or a male Jynx. Technically all Pokemon are naked, but Jynx has a dress and a bra… and Tangula had red shoes.
All Jynx are female, there are no male Jynx. It's weird that they didn't have something like Mr. Mime be all male or Geodude to be genderless like Staryu.

That's it! If I ever catch a female Geodude or Mr. Mime, I'm naming them Geochick and Ms. Mime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Seems like I can never get tired of the series. Regardless of the fact that the newer Pokemon is a bit... "off" I still enjoy every game. Heart Gold and Soul Sliver were amazing games, for both the younger and older Pokemon fans. I liked Black & White as well. It had the best female heroine imo, and I really liked the starters. The Pokemon wasn't as bad as Pearl & Diamond either. I plan on getting White 2 for Christmas this year. Lol. I'm such a child.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 pm

First generation always! Viva la evolucion! 2nd generation is cool too. After that, yuck.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 am

Agreed. I have no idea where Pokemon is going these days. They have ice cream Pokemon and Fridge Pokemon and Toster Pokemon… it's just really ridiculous where Nintendo is takin the franchise. I guess all the creativity left after the 500th Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 am

Pokemon is gay now. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Mercy wrote:
Agreed. I have no idea where Pokemon is going these days. They have ice cream Pokemon and Fridge Pokemon and Toster Pokemon… it's just really ridiculous where Nintendo is takin the franchise. I guess all the creativity left after the 500th Pokemon.

You have to think of it this way too; We're getting a bit older and we're more use to the older generations because that's what we grew up with. If they started out with say the 5th generation as the first, and the first generation as the 5th, we probably think the other way around. Think about it; how stupid did Jinx, Muk, Metapod, Weepinbell, Voltorb, Mr. Mime, Tangela, Lickitung, etc, look? They're pretty damn weird or ugly looking Pokemon.

There's both good and bad in every generation, we just see the bad more in the older generations because most of us aren't the right age it's suppose to appeal to anymore.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Sceptile and Weavile are my favorite Pokemon, tops. The Treeko evolution line is easily the best and most efficient of the grass starters. With every other grass starter you have to do some extensive training and careful planning to make them good team players, but a Sceptile will be effective no matter what like most Pokemon. Plus his design is really sleek. My love for reptiles probably influences this actually. They're actually in the dragon egg group, probably Due to their similarities to dinosaurs. That's right, Sceptiles will actually mate with the likes of Dragonite and Garchomp.

Weavile is awesome because it's such a beautiful Pokemon, and it's stats are amazing. While it lacks defense, it's speed and offense more than make up for it. It's sweeping ability is stellar and it makes it one of the best Pokemon to have in your first slot in the 4th Generation Battle Towers. This is also true of Gliscor, which is another excellent Pokemon, is especially efficient when it's taught Earthquake (ironically, Gliscor, has the same base stats as Weavile, 510).
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 pm

I always liked Scyther and Pikachu. And Hitmonlee. Gotta catch 'em all!
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Spike991 wrote:
And Hitmonlee. Gotta catch 'em all!
Yeah I've always preferred Hitmonlee over Chan. Just a cooler Pokeomn in general. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Yeah I've always preferred Hitmonlee over Chan. Just a cooler Pokeomn in general. Smile

Well he's a kicker. Razz
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Well he's a kicker. Razz
Yeah the faster speedier types always seem to be more useful. Sweepers ftw!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 pm

I liked Lee over Chan too. As for why I like the older generations better, I just think they were more creative. Plus as we got new generations it's just a hassle to keep up. And I never much cared for the new evolutions of Pokemon. Does it seem weird to anyone else that in Ash's time they are like...just now figuring anything out about Pokemon? Like were they seriously so reclusive that they had never heard of the Johto Pokemon before? Wtf?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 am

I can't really tell what are my favorite Pokémons because I've always just strived to catch them all.

Well, according to my games and the creatures I tend to use the most, my favorites include at least Gyarados and Magneton.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:29 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I liked Lee over Chan too. As for why I like the older generations better, I just think they were more creative. Plus as we got new generations it's just a hassle to keep up. And I never much cared for the new evolutions of Pokemon. Does it seem weird to anyone else that in Ash's time they are like...just now figuring anything out about Pokemon? Like were they seriously so reclusive that they had never heard of the Johto Pokemon before? Wtf?
They were more creative, for sure, but the formula of the gameplay wasn't very refined when compared to now. That's why the remakes are so good because it's everything you love about the older games except with every possible improvement of the newer games.

As for the evolutions, I do agree that it's lazy of them, but at least they make them legitimately good and effective Pokemon. Plus, some Pokemon had low stats in general and had nothing to improve into, like Sneasel. Sneasel kind of needed an evolution, and it was strange that it didn't already have one.

Now the problem people may have about the abundance of Legendaries I agree with whole-heartedly. IV is the worst offender of this, having over 13 legendaries. Most of them aren't even that good and are extremely hard to catch. Ironically, Dialga, Palkia, and Giritina (the best legendaires of the Generation IV) have the highest catch rate, making them actually pretty reasonable to catch, and encourages you to try and catch them with Ultra Balls instead of wasting a Master Ball on them (which also allows you to hear their awesome battle themes). It's still difficult, but it's not mind-bogglingly frustrating like trying to catch something like a Uxie, which is a relatively lame Legendary.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:21 am

Legendary birds for the win!

I've found the best way to capture legendaries in gen. III to be the Timer Ball. While pointlessly throwing Ultra Balls at Groudon I used up turn and voila, Timer Ball works almost as well as a Master Ball.

Btw. 13 legendaries? Really? How is that even "legendary" anymore.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I've found the best way to capture legendaries
in gen. III to be the Timer Ball. While pointlessly throwing Ultra
Balls at Groudon I used up turn and voila, Timer Ball works almost as
well as a Master Ball.
It can get better than an Ultra Ball for sure, getting up to a x4 catch rate rather than the Ultra Ball's static x2. Only problem is it's price. Actually, it's cheaper than the Ultra Ball.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw. 13 legendaries? Really? How is that even "legendary" anymore.
Exactly. They really are a dime a dozen now.

The only ones that are really any good are the Mascots and Event ones, for the most part.

Raikou and Zapdos are pretty good, too. They're my favorites of their trios.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
well as a Master Ball.
It can get better than an Ultra Ball for sure, getting up to a x4 catch rate rather than the Ultra Ball's static x2. Only problem is it's price.
How much do they cost anyway? I just happened to have one in my pocket during the fight. I currently have like 120,000 or so poke dollars.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
well as a Master Ball.
It can get better than an Ultra Ball for sure, getting up to a x4 catch rate rather than the Ultra Ball's static x2. Only problem is it's price.
How much do they cost anyway? I just happened to have one in my pocket during the fight. I currently have like 120,000 or so poke dollars.
They're 1000 PD's.

Wow, fail on my part. Ultra Balls are 200 more than Timer balls.

I just reached the Leaf Green Elite Four again. Generation I is probably the only Generation that almost requires you to grind for Exp by about ten Lvls to even stand a chance. It's especially evident in the remakes, which are a bit harder. It may also have something to do with me using Clefable a lot in this particular playthrough, which isn't the most powerful Pokemon. BUT, all four of her moves are a different type and they're all really powerful, so she's at least equipped for almost every situation.

Every other Generation's Elite Four is a bit more balanced, the best one being Platinum's Elite Four, imo (which is superior to Diamond and Pearl's).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 am

Clefable has a pretty high defense too, if I remember correctly.

My friend has played soooo much Pokémon back in the day that he goes through the Elite Four with just one Pokémon. Later on he has used the Elite Four for just grinding in both Red and Silver. He's a total badass when it comes to these games.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 am

Wow. All this talk about timer balls an such remind me of when I was chasing Latias in Sapphire. I brought her health down, kept finding her, then I put her to sleep thinking that I could wait it out; then she runs away whilst still asleep. I was shocked to say the least… and pissed. Next time I saw her, she was still asleep and I just threw a quickball at her. Still my favorite legendary, maybe because of the trouble I went through to catch her.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Special Defense mainly.
Mass Distraction wrote:
My friend has played soooo much Pokémon back in the day that he goes through the Elite Four with just one Pokémon.
I'm actually interested in doing that, going through the entire game with just one Pokemon. It may actually not be all that bad since it will have a ton of experience, just gotta pick the right one.
Mercy wrote:
Wow. All this talk about timer balls an such remind me of
when I was chasing Latias in Sapphire. I brought her health down, kept
finding her, then I put her to sleep thinking that I could wait it out;
then she runs away whilst still asleep. I was shocked to say the least…
and pissed. Next time I saw her, she was still asleep and I just threw a
quickball at her. Still my favorite legendary, maybe because of the
trouble I went through to catch her.
What's great about Latias and Latios is that they're actually pretty good Pokemon and worth the effort to catch them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Special Defense mainly.
Ah, so that's what it was.

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
My friend has played soooo much Pokémon back in the day that he goes through the Elite Four with just one Pokémon.
I'm actually interested in doing that, going through the entire game with just one Pokemon. It may actually not be all that bad since it will have a ton of experience, just gotta pick the right one.
I would actually suggest you try the Nuzlocke Challenge instead. I'm going to try it out myself once I get Soul Silver.

RaviorStygian wrote:
What's great about Latias and Latios is that they're actually pretty good Pokemon and worth the effort to catch them.
There's just something about Legendary Birds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

POKEMANS!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMANS!!   POKEMANS!! Empty

Back to top Go down

POKEMANS!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic :: Video Games-
Jump to: