Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Zombie Games - Your Favorite?

Go down 
+4
Spike991
weskersbarber
chrisredfielmusculo
Mass Distraction
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Zombie Games - Your Favorite? Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:20 am

A simple topic, right?

tl;dr If you don't feel like reading all the stuff I write below you can answer me this: What is your favorite zombie game of all time? Multiple answers is fine, too. If you feel like writing more, explain why.

Ahem... So, if you remember my thread about horror franchises, the deal here is very similar. I'm kinda thinking forward a few years since I need to write anything I think of down before I completely forget about it. Currently I'm writing a series of blogs on ScrewAttack leading up to Halloween featuring free games. I might do the same thing next year, then change the focus to horror franchises (hence my other thread) and then to what you see here, zombie games. Or I could change the order, we'll see.

Anyway, I'd like to hear people's opinions on zombie games and franchises. We also have a thread on why you play zombie games, found here.

What is your favorite and why? I'll also attach a list of ones I've gathered myself below. Unlike my horror franchise thread, it doesn't really matter if your game is on the list or not. You could throw in some interesting titles I haven't heard of, too. Before anyone copy-pastes the wiki list of zombie games, I've seen that already. The list below is mostly composed of games that I personally know.

Definite list:
  • Resident Evil
  • Walking Dead
  • House of the Dead
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Dead Rising
  • Dead Island
  • DayZ
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
  • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
  • Dead Nation
  • Last Stand
  • Medievil
  • Siren
  • Zombie Apocalypse
  • Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
  • Organ Trail

Games still in development:
  • Dead Linger
  • War Z
  • Human Element
  • State of Decay
  • Dead State

Games I'm kind of on the edge with:
  • I Made a Game with Zombies in It! - While it does have the word "zombies" in its name, it really doesn't focus on them. Similar to Robotron.
  • Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ - More of a shmup than a full fledged zombie title.
  • Undead End Hardcore - A great homage to zombie games made in retro style but is only a flash game.
  • Zombie Survival - A fun flash game made with Metal Slug sprites. More of a minigame than anything else.
  • Last of US - The focus of the game is pretty more on the characters and survival, leaving the zombies to a minor role.

These ones I have just for kicks, nothing definite:
  • No More Room in Hell
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Call of Duty: Zombies
  • Dead Space
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 am

i havent played much zombie games
besides the resident evil series

with that said,it would be resident evil 2
because of its athmosphere and memories i had
from playing it when i was litle,epic game

i still might try day z in the future,only eard positive things about it

cheers
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 am

Resident evil 1 but apart from the RE games, I love Dead Nation. Great fun zombie game and very underrated.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:34 am

Probly this game series called Resident Evil. Ever heard of it?
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 pm

resident evil by far but i really enjoyed house of the dead 2 and dead rising aswell.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Resident Evil 1-3+ Code Veronica X

Enough said Razz It's actually about time for me to fire up the PS1, grab the boomrang controller and replay RE1
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 am

Valentine Fan wrote:

Enough said Razz It's actually about time for me to fire up the PS1, grab the boomrang controller and replay RE1

You have a thing for Chris/Jill? king

I think it's about time for me to do the same. I've got the original, Director's Cut, the GC remake, the Wii port of the GC remake, and REDS to select from. I think I'll go Ps1 and play some original. Eventually.

I also noticed you selected only RE's 1-3, and CVX.

IDK if you have some vendetta against RE4/Post RE4 games, but you did leave out RE0, which retains the beloved Fixed Camera Angles and "horror" atmosphere that is, according to some, absent from more recent games. That may be rubbish, but you know.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 am

Spike991 wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

You have a thing for Chris/Jill? king

I think it's about time for me to do the same. I've got the original, Director's Cut, the GC remake, the Wii port of the GC remake, and REDS to select from. I think I'll go Ps1 and play some original. Eventually.

I also noticed you selected only RE's 1-3, and CVX.

IDK if you have some vendetta against RE4/Post RE4 games, but you did leave out RE0, which retains the beloved Fixed Camera Angles and "horror" atmosphere that is, according to some, absent from more recent games. That may be rubbish, but you know.

Chris/Jill? Yep, take a look at my sig Razz
I have nothing against the newer games, but I just find myself playing 1-3 and CVX alot more than the others. Granted, when it comes to Gamecube, the only games I own for the entire system are Remake and 0. I personally liked both A LOT, as evident by how many times I made my friend sit and watch me play through REmake at night. 0's only issue with me was the no inventory system. Yes it was more realistic, but not really a good thing for a video game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:06 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
Chris/Jill? Yep, take a look at my sig Razz
I have nothing against the newer games, but I just find myself playing 1-3 and CVX alot more than the others. Granted, when it comes to Gamecube, the only games I own for the entire system are Remake and 0. I personally liked both A LOT, as evident by how many times I made my friend sit and watch me play through REmake at night. 0's only issue with me was the no inventory system. Yes it was more realistic, but not really a good thing for a video game.

I see. RE0 had an inventory system. You just press Y, both Becca and Billy each had like what, 4 to 6 item slots. And certain items(hookshot for instance) took up 2 spaces, like an A Hole.

No item boxes kinda sucks, cuz I usually just stash everything in the main hall of the training facility, but when it comes time to head over to the chappel where that stupid giant bat resides, it causes problems....I need all my herbs and ammo, and my hookshot...
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:26 pm

^

That's what I meant. Wrong choice of words Razz
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 pm

The Dead Rising games. The Walking Dead current game is good, and Left 4 Dead is ok for what it is, but the Dead Rising games are fantastic. Especially how they make sure that pretty much any object can be used as a weapon against the hordes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonnychaos1991
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:00 pm

The Resident Evil remake will no doubt always be my #1 horror / zombie game of any kind, closely followed by the first Silent Hill and then Clock Tower, although RE2 has a place in my heart as the game that kick started my RE interest and survival horror cravings in general, so I owe a lot to that game.
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:35 pm

The Last Stand, a free browser game, and it's sequel. They're actually pretty enjoyable games considering they're free and rather simplistic! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:20 am

dr_salvador wrote:
The Last Stand, a free browser game, and it's sequel. They're actually pretty enjoyable games considering they're free and rather simplistic! Razz
You mean sequelS Very Happy It's a trilogy. One of my favorite browser games.
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
dr_salvador wrote:

Whoah! There's a third one in the series? When did that come out and is it any good? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 am

dr_salvador wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
dr_salvador wrote:

Whoah! There's a third one in the series? When did that come out and is it any good? Shocked
It has been out for a year now, I think. The game is set in Union City, the city you've been trying to get to in the previous games, and is pretty much a whole new game. The graphics and sprites are the same but now it's a sidescrolling free roamer, meaning you can go around, loot buildings and help survivors.

It's called The Last Stand: Union City. Here's a link for ya: [link]
Back to top Go down
dr_salvador
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
dr_salvador

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
dr_salvador wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
dr_salvador wrote:

It has been out for a year now, I think. The game is set in Union City, the city you've been trying to get to in the previous games, and is pretty much a whole new game. The graphics and sprites are the same but now it's a sidescrolling free roamer, meaning you can go around, loot buildings and help survivors.

It's called The Last Stand: Union City. Here's a link for ya: [link]

Awesome, thanks! Razz I'll be checking that out tonight when I can have sound on. My parents are watching The Antiques Roadshow right now so I need to get quiet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Games - Your Favorite?   Zombie Games - Your Favorite? Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombie Games - Your Favorite?
Page 1 of 1